The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we can't compete financially withwith bottom feeder EPL teams then how do we compete with bigger teams??
Maldini mentioned regular champions league football...but I'm not sure.
Well Leeds is in a special situation because they're selling 100m worth of players

Milan still makes more money than the majority of the league

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see the pursuit of Ziyech kinda like Giroud and Brahim. In that sense that the deal seems likely as both parties are willing to trade the player, they just have to agree on a formula. It’s early July though, they don’t have to rush.

When Di Marzio said Milan was considering buying Ziyech outright, this became obvious. Ziyech is probably a long term target of MM, but both chelsea and Milan want to protect themselves in the deal. Chelsea probably wants to sell him outright and we’d like him, but won’t pay for a non starter at big money. I think the comes with certain clauses on a loan deal, but it’ll take some time to sort that out. But the willingness seems there.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
breaking-bad-jessie.gif
1657126832977.png

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
NEVER, is my intention to downtalk anyone. guess i gotta check myself.

i do think sometimes, you "play a role" by riling up the tantrum thowers by posting reports they feed on....trying to keep the place entertaining? probably.

i think i have a ADHD (think..because Africans don't go get diagnosed for such shits)... so my reflections and post could be all over the place sometimes...and some not even capturing accurately what i really want to say... but if it brings you chuckles. it served a purpose at least lol.

Love you !
In my country ADHD gives you free access to ritalin. You should see a doctor.

Love you too.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Back in the day not too long ago you had belottis name tatooed on your butt cheeks.

Dont shame others
Fabihoe thats why i wrote “2022” 🤦🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see the pursuit of Ziyech kinda like Giroud and Brahim. In that sense that the deal seems likely as both parties are willing to trade the player, they just have to agree on a formula. It’s early July though, they don’t have to rush.

When Di Marzio said Milan was considering buying Ziyech outright, this became obvious. Ziyech is probably a long term target of MM, but both chelsea and Milan want to protect themselves in the deal. Chelsea probably wants to sell him outright and we’d like him, but won’t pay for a non starter at big money. I think the comes with certain clauses on a loan deal, but it’ll take some time to sort that out. But the willingness seems there.
Do you honestly see Maldini spending 25m for a soon to be 30 year old?

My guess is he tried to take Chelsea for a free ride and they said no so, in turn, he redeemed Messias

Maybe they revisit the subject towards the end of the mercato when Chelsea is willing to let him go at lesser conditions

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's like how the NFL/NBA draft become the center of a lot of fans' attention.

The Patriots seldom win the draft. They seldom make huge splashes. Their entire ethos is that it's better to trade a player away a year early rather than a year late.

The Patriots are so good at this, that their draft approach is watched simply to see how they go against the grain, their coaches and management give very little information out--so there's a place in this male soap opera to not follow other teams' storylines.

I don't think we currently have the revenue to participate in this game in a way that is meaningful (like Real, City, etc) to be honest. I'm not sure if Maldini even has interest in it, I guess when Milan has a stadium and 500m in revenue, we'll find out. My theory is that management uses the hype around prices to ensure they can get value, while also taking advantage of this systemic mindset in acquiring players where others (in our bracket) would not think to look.
That’s what I was saying:

We have to do what we can, even clubs of lower stature than us do what they want (granted, they are limited by the fact that they cannot offer glory like we can).

I get where you are coming from though, in the long run it will take some semblance of strategy and planning in order to dominate for long periods. Some may see it as coping for being poor.

1657126954074.gif

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Here's an opinion likely to aggravate people:

Brahim player of the season for Milan 2022/2023.

Mark it, book it, put it under your pillow.
Not sure about "player of the season" but we could very well be surprised by him and Salad this coming season. They both had similar issues last season. Decision making, rushed passes, rushed shots and lack of composure.
These are all things that can be improved upon. The fundamentals are there.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I thought I was considered a part of the Sam/brk brain defect. Elated to see I'm not.

The "selling" part of the complainer brigade(@Wild @papaberlu) etc is annoying me because it's not rational to me. The easiness of claiming we sell badly(which is obviously the case), fails to take the taxing steps of understanding why it's happening. I think our bad selling is deserved, it's the consequence of having shit players no one wants. I can't think of us selling badly in the Maldini reign. The non-renewals is the same, I don't understand how anyone can produce a thinking argument saying it's our fault. Do you?
Donna , Hakan & Kess are players who no one wants ?
I do get that no one will pay shit for Sale or Samu , i complain of the idiot who extended Sale contract or bought Samu.
MMM arent perfect so relax & keep your pants if we highlighted areas they need to work on.
Meanwhile , enjoy fans celebrating getting Messias , i mean thats not annoying , thats pure fandom , right ?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
You were but sometimes you have mini meltdowns and a little bit of negativity, which we obviously thrive off

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Donna , Hakan & Kess are players who no one wants ?
I do get that no one will pay shit for Sale or Samu , i complain of the idiot who extended Sale contract or bought Samu.
MMM arent perfect so relax & keep your pants if we highlighted areas they need to work on.
Meanwhile , enjoy fans celebrating getting Messias , i mean thats not annoying , thats pure fandom , right ?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we can't compete financially withwith bottom feeder EPL teams then how do we compete with bigger teams??
Maldini mentioned regular champions league football...but I'm not sure.
1. get to a point where we don't need 3-4 new players every year to improve
2. learn how to sell (replace fodders whom no one wants with players who have market)

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
C’mon man
It’s with you think CDK is Milan material or not. You can’t both sides this. It is possible for management to fail you know

We are openly pursuing him. No rumors shit. So if we don’t get him what will you say? He’s actually overrated shit and a smokescreen for someone else? Then why waste time pursuing him then?
Pretty much, it seems to me that you are advocating we go back to the Mirabelli days :-). In other words, if we have a target, we should pay whatever it takes to get him, even if that means getting in bidding wars with other teams. Frankly, I do not see the benefit in doing this (beyond winning the "mercato scudetto"). I truly like the fact that we set a value for a player we do not go past that. To me, this is sound management and nothing to be embarrassed about.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
With Messias staying the idea that both CDK and Ziyech will come has taken a big hit.

Leao, Rebic, Diaz, Adli, Krunic, Origi, Giroud, Saele, Messias, one of CDK/Ziyech. 10 players for 4 positions and that's not counting Ibra, Samu and Lazetic. Or a potential arrival of Renato or another CM who potentially could be used as a CAM if necessary.

At least Samu + one of Saele/Rebic/Diaz or god forbid Leao needs to leave before there is even a chance to sign a second attacking player after the arrival of CDK/Ziyech. Good chance Samu + 2 have to leave, given the clubs more conservative approach with ressources.

Most likely scenario is the attack will be complete once CDK (or Ziyech) has signed (wishful thinking aside).

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
However, we are not (on the cusp) of losing CDK to Leeds because of money, or because of poverty, but because of strategy.

If we end up w/o CdK and with Dybala, that will be a shit strategy.

Brugge does not need or want to sell - we need to come to them. 30m plus options is a reasonable risk.

We need to be levelling up, at the end of the day it does not happen without spending for 1st choice targets.

We will spend what we need on CdK as we need to continue expanding our core.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But the strategy we adopted is partly due to the hand dealt (uefa sanctions, not having a stadium, not having EPL tv deal). It’s not like we have EPL money but we just chose to be thrifty. Mistakes like Paqueta and Piatek cost us a lot more than Vlasic did for Everton.
The strategy we adopted was because the previous one didn't work. The sanctions were overwhelmingly the result of Li's tenure. If Paqueta, Piatek, Samu (25m), Laxalt (14m), Caldara (35m) etc worked out, Leonardo wouldn't have been fired, we wouldn't have changed course. Leonardo did things the "a few extra million" way and it failed, spectacularly.

We make more money than West Ham. We make more money than Leeds. The EPL TV deals mean that their revenues are closer to us than they should be (our position in our league vs theirs) but we make more, can spend more, but we don't have to.

There's no need to spend extra. Vlasic is not a unicorn. Neither is CDK. Until we developed Leao, people were saying we should sell him for 25m before his value plummets, or am I imagining things? Theo was going to Leverkusen, not Barca, not City. Our competition for Maignan wasn't Arsenal, who wanted a keeper, it was Roma.

All Milan's management is doing... is the most milktoast basic fucking finance bro, "I talk about my expensive water bottle" with my patagonia quarter-zip corporate consultant bullshit. They're taking advantage of irrationality in a market.

They're treating players, and the subsequent acquisition costs, like just numbers on spreadsheets. The human touch of Maldini and Pioli etc maximize those numbers to create value for Milan, by performing. It's the systemized friendly touches that keep the employees feeling good, like calling Abercrombie slaves "models" for legal and emotive purposes, the management talks about the club having greater meaning and foster some sense of "family" by not fucking them over professionally, so that business runs better.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Berlusconi worked like that because his club was ruling Europe. Right now we're talking about a club that will fight for salvation.
I am fan of my hometown club in Poland and I can easily tell that Serie A is destroying football market. World is not upright. I will be happy Kalulu level talents.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We wanted to keep Donna and he said no
We tried to sell Kessie multiple times and he said no

Now maybe you sell Bennacer and Leao now but I don't subscribe to selling those types before later in the cycle

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
When did I go all out for asensio lol? Maybe a moth or two ago?

Meh, he runs less than dybala. I would legit rather get Berardi. I’m full Ziyech train

I picked the wrong guy. Should have been boss85. But it appears you were on the Asensio train, so it was not a big mistake after all. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.