The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
According to Belgian sports media today, De Ketelaere is already Milan's! Clubs have agreed: 28M + 2M bonus based on the number of appearances.

The player has also agreed for a 5-year contract with a salary of 2.5M euros per season. Within the week the player has to travel to Milan for medical visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which fake account did you fall for this time? :D

Just kidding.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Huh? How is it not applicable? We increased our revenues dramatically compared to 4 years ago even without big fire sales, mind you. Those increased revenues allowed us to strenghthen and invest heavy money in players like Tomori or Tonali in the midst of a world wide financial crisis without the necessity of selling our most valued players like Leao or Theo first – unlike Inter, who spends more money on players than we do but who has to sell their most prestigious pieces for the sake of surviving. That's why we could catch up and even close the gap to Inter. That's why we could aim and even win the Scudetto. By doing so we increased our revenues again like seen in the new fantastic deal with Puma who brings us way more money over the next 5 years than selling a player in a one-off. And with that money we're going to improve our squad, again, without the necessity to sell before, which hopefully will bring us even more success and more revenues – no matter how much you want to moan about Messias and Saele and act like we're weaker than two years ago with Suso and Castillejo.

If sales can be done at the right conditions it's wellcomed. If we could have sold Kessie for 50M last season or Donnarumma for 50M the season before, that would have been wellcomed and cool and all of that. That's not what I'm debating.

But given all the circumstances (I'm not going through them again) we weren't getting offers who would have allowed us to actually improve the sporting performances of the squad. Again: If the best offer we get for a Kessie in his last year is 15M, how does that help us replacing his sporting value/contribution with an even better player? It doesn't. So instead we chosed to run his contract down. We let those 15M slip, so to speak, but we didn't downgrade the sporting level of the team neither. That's key. Decisions like that helped us secure CL two years ago and Scudetto this year. That helped us increase our revenue streams massively. That's the whole point of success brings you substaintional money, not sales. Sales, as seen now with Inter, or in our own past with Zlatan and Thiago Silva, can even hurt our success when done under the wrong conditions.

So again: What exactely isn't applicable?

You are arguing with yourself right now because you debating points that i never approached.

I never said our revenue isnt getting better.
I said its not at a point where we could afford loosing players for free.
Its there where your approach isnt applicable.

Also i mentioned several times that sales arent the only way to bring in money but it is ONE.
So i dont know why you keep mentioning that sales arent the only way , i havent said it is.
But it is A way & an important one.

Inter or G&B Milan didnt suffer because they sold players , they suffered because they wasted their price on the wrong players.
The same can be said about our China Milan project.
So the key word is properly using ALL the money we have , that include our sales , on the right players.

And its fact that Sale & Diaz are shit players & Milan going after players in those position is an indication of that.
Its more you burying your head in the ground than me moaning.
It is related to my debate because of we had more money then shit players like Diaz & Sale wouldnt be starters here.

If sales can be done at the right conditions it's wellcomed. If we could have sold Kessie for 50M last season or Donnarumma for 50M the season before, that would have been wellcomed and cool and all of that. That's not what I'm debating.
But it is solely what am debating & Milan should do better there.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These days every reporter is exhausting, feels like nobody has any clue when it comes to us. I did not hear a single rumour regarding the departure of Samu and Caldara, from one day to another both are gone.
And for CDK and Sanches they are just reporting the same bs for weeks, inventing some random numbers.
I love and hate our management for operating so quietly.
The Sanches story seems weird. I can't believe a rich club like PSG is haggling with Lille for a player that will cost 10-15M? They would've locked him up by now.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Sanches story seems weird. I can't believe a rich club like PSG is haggling with Lille for a player that will cost 10-15M? They would've locked him up by now.
I know what Campos wants to do with PSG, he wants to make them a more functional team, but that would require getting rid of one of Neymar or Messi. Not because they're not talented, and even Neymar, with his diminishing powers (I think he just has too many miles from such a young age) he's still an incredible player. Messi, I'm sure you can get more out of him next year, he'll be more settled--which is an absurd statement to say about someone who is supposed to be the GOAT, but I digress.

Neymar and Messi don't run. They just don't. I think you can handle two non-runners, one of them obviously being Mbappe. But Messi and Neymar?

PSG didn't beat a single team in the top nine away-from-home last year in Ligue 1. That's insane.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini

I think they have to get rid of one or two midfielders before they can sign Sanches after signing Vitinha. That's why midfielders like Rafinha, Gueye and Wijnaldum are not on tour with PSG.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know what Campos wants to do with PSG, he wants to make them a more functional team, but that would require getting rid of one of Neymar or Messi. Not because they're not talented, and even Neymar, with his diminishing powers (I think he just has too many miles from such a young age) he's still an incredible player. Messi, I'm sure you can get more out of him next year, he'll be more settled--which is an absurd statement to say about someone who is supposed to be the GOAT, but I digress.

Neymar and Messi don't run. They just don't. I think you can handle two non-runners, one of them obviously being Mbappe. But Messi and Neymar?

PSG didn't beat a single team in the top nine away-from-home last year in Ligue 1. That's insane.
I think Neymar and Messi will probably leave PSG in a year.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

All they needed to do is to get rid of Neymar & keep Di Maria.
Mbappe-Messi-Di Maria is actually balanced & they got rid of the player who is behind such balance.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think they have to get rid of one or two midfielders before they can sign Sanches after signing Vitinha. That's why midfielders like Rafinha, Gueye and Wijnaldum are not on tour with PSG.
Could be but squad size never stopped them in the past lol.

amanmilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If this is correct then sign him asap!

Attachments

• 6DA23ABE-7B8C-41A0-9FF0-70C2C3CD45AA.jpeg
    6DA23ABE-7B8C-41A0-9FF0-70C2C3CD45AA.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 34

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Qaas, I'm worried about you, this is how many personalities you have shown:

9b14ab54d0e31a0fff934739586c043ec259b632_original.jpeg

Or maybe this is how you decide what persona to use.
And posters like you are to blame

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
stop your anti-Ziyech agenda, judge him after half a season in serie a, not after playing in a system that doesnt fit him.

15m for Serge is not just absurd, its disgusting. Salah who is levels above Gnabry earns a bit over 10mil. Havertz who is 10 times the talent Gnabry ever was, earns around 10mil.
I understand you need to pay your top guns better, but paying 15mil for a fucking Gnabry? Oh hell naw
You're missing the point...Ziyech is a huge upgrade on both Salad/Messias which is undeniable (although that says more about the latter's incompetency rather than Ziyech's quality). However, he's a Rebic level talent at best i.e. a game changer on his day but still inconsistent. Therefore, unless we relax our wage cap and transfer fee ceiling to accommodate top young talents who can make the difference NOW i.e. Diaby, the alternative is to rely on short-term solutions like Ziyech or wait for a promising young talent with reasonable wages like CDK + Leao to explode which could take a few seasons or not happen at all e.g. Brahim. Therefore, at some point MMM will have to be more daring in the market (which is what Paolo alluded to with his '2-3 significant signings' comment) or risk playing the waiting game.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All they needed to do is to get rid of Neymar & keep Di Maria.
Mbappe-Messi-Di Maria is actually balanced & they got rid of the player who is behind such balance.
I think Messi was a bad choice, to be honest. Marketing and profile-wise, sure, but on sporting merit? I get why you'd take Messi, but his production for what you're paying him? Poor.

How are you going to get rid of Neymar? He has 4 years left on his contract (3+1 year player option) at like 47m-a-year? Who is going to take that contract? I don't think anyone will. Unless your answer is just: "PSG has money, let him go, who cares?" Then sure. Sure they can.

But if they're going to be stuck with Neymar and Messi, they need to get a lot more strength out of their CM unit, they just need to find another Kante who can run for two people.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If we get Ziyech adn CDK, we need some fantastic season from them, and Leao ofc. Because our CF cant deliver 20-25 goals. So we need at least 10+ season from our AMF and RW. Jube and printer have better CF's

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Yeah not excited for Diallo at all.

He seemed a good idea in winter. Summer brought scudetto.

The market for CBs is so good now, better to make use of it and splash for top possible target in place of Kessie replacement.

Midfield can hold until next season.
One top talent in defence & we close the area for years, then move onto the next one (striker / wingers / midfield).

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Martinelli says this on youtube. I respect him highly. Smart man. So:

Total cost of Milan eventually buying Sanchez, CDK, Ziyech, with wages, while paying annually (which clubs do). Is +- ZERO. When calculated all the wages we got rid off, income of players like Hauge, Samu etc., tax gains etc. If Milan buys these 3 players costs on the balance for this year = 0!

So, now you know. If there is money for anything there is money for even one more real deal, like Bremer etc. As it seems the cost expected from Milan is ZERO.

Let that sink in. Then say what u think...

FM ❤🖤

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The commode really dry for a Tuesday

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Martinelli says this on youtube. I respect him highly. Smart man. So:

Total cost of Milan eventually buying Sanchez, CDK, Ziyech, with wages, while paying annually (which clubs do). Is +- ZERO. When calculated all the wages we got rid off, income of players like Hauge, Samu etc., tax gains etc. If Milan buys these 3 players costs on the balance for this year = 0!

So, now you know. If there is money for anything there is money for even one more real deal, like Bremer etc. As it seems the cost expected from Milan is ZERO.

Let that sink in. Then say what u think...

FM ❤🖤
That's pretty obvious bro...there's 60m gross wage/amortisation savings from Roma/Kessie/Baka/Ibra leaving, 30m from new sponsors, 20m Serie A prize money, 20m from sales, 65m from CL round of 16 finish etc. which is why there's plenty of money for one or two Scudetto gifts like the good ol' days :b:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule