Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

Milan, De Ketelaere as a child also played tennis and won a judo tournament :ibramad:

I’d pay to watch a Zlatan vs Charlemagne martial arts scrap
Yea....Like Ricardo Kaka...

ImmaculateMenacingAdeliepenguin-max-1mb.gif

Kaka didn’t want to be a football player when he was a young, but at the age of 8 he caught his PE(physical education) teacher’s attention at Batista school, and he decided to take him to a soccer school. Once at school a Chilean named Andres took him to Alphaville Tennis Club, during that period he was in a championship match against Sao Paulo, Alphaville won the title and a director of the team(I’m guessing the Sao Paulo team) was very interested in the best player of that final, the young Kaka.

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
De Ketelaere's exclusive interview with DAZN. Translated with DeepL.

De Ketelaere to DAZN: "Here for the project. I spoke with Pioli, he wants me as a trequartista"

Milan's new signing Charles De Ketelaere was interviewed exclusively by DAZN. These are all his statements:

On the negotiation: "It took a while to get here and that's why the tension was building, but now I'm happy to be here. Only the moment I signed the contract and had the jersey in my hands did I say to myself, "Okay, now I'm an AC Milan player!" and I felt really happy."

On the Milan project: "It wasn't the words that convinced me but what this club is doing. It is going back to the top again, we all see it how much the young people improve here, and as they grow they make the whole team grow. They won the Scudetto, so it's a great team to mature in if you're a young person."

Who impressed you the most in the first few practices? "Clearly the level of everyone is higher than at Bruges: for example, the technical quality of Leao, the finalization of Giroud... All these things. I hope to get to this level as quickly as possible."

Who was your first opponent? "I played against Kjaer, in 11 vs 11 I was facing him."

Pioli reported that Origi described you as "half Kaká and half Havertz." What did you think? "Maybe he compared me to Kaká because he played in Milan, or because of the position on the field. As for Havertz I think we are not similar, but he is also tall, he is a striker or offensive midfielder and he is left-handed... In that we are similar. But I prefer to say that I am just myself and in every game I want to show who I am."

Early talks with Pioli: "Before signing I talked to Pioli, so I already knew a little bit what he wants. A couple of days ago he showed me with the staff some videos with the style of play he expects from me. I really liked it and I saw myself in that kind of soccer."

In what role? "The one they call trequartista, but I can do other roles. However, this is the role I need to focus on right away. But it's the style of play I like; going deep, having freedom around the point. I'm looking forward to expressing myself in that position."

Are you one of those players who watches videos of other players to learn their movements? "Yes, especially if I have to change roles sometimes I watch videos of those who play in that position to learn and memorize the movements. It's not like every day I watch soccer videos though, I do it sometimes before games."

For example, when you had to watch how a center forward moves, who did you study? "I watched videos of the best strikers in the world like Lewandowski, Benzema... And I forget many others."

What about being a trequartista? "I always really liked De Bruyne, he is one of the best players in Belgium. In my role he is the best, so I watch how he plays."

But in your language there is no word in Belgium for "trequartista"? "No, there is no precise word like in Italian, we just say offensive midfielder."

In Italy every number has a meaning, the one for 90 is "fear," "I didn't know that."

Is there anything that scares you in your life, in your career? "I would say no. I consider myself a humble and calm guy but I believe in myself a lot, and so there is nothing or no one that scares me."

If you could change the meaning of the number 90, which one would you choose? "I think choose 'ambition,' because I am still very young and have a long career ahead of me. I have the ambition to do great things, and so I really think I would choose that."

What is your dream? "I think the most important thing is to win the Champions League, that is my dream. But now I'm at AC Milan, I think it's easier to win it here than in Bruges (laughs, ed.), so I hope to win it sooner or later."

ORIGINAL IN ITALIAN

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
De Ketelaere's exclusive interview with DAZN. Translated with DeepL.

De Ketelaere to DAZN: "Here for the project. I spoke with Pioli, he wants me as a trequartista"

In what role? "The one they call trequartista, but I can do other roles. However, this is the role I need to focus on right away. But it's the style of play I like; going deep, having freedom around the point. I'm looking forward to expressing myself in that position."
*mike static*
Paging @brk
*mike feedback*
@brk Your comments are requested on this interview

• LOL
Reactions: brk

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It looks like Roma got Wijnaldum on a loan plus option deal. The option to buy is for 8m plus bonuses. PSG will be paying some of his wages this season as well.

Where were you on that one Paolo?
Maldini doesn't buy finished players

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Official Commode Announcement

Due to the use of “AOC“ to disparage the General, a 1 week full forum ban will be imposed on @Ash-ish effective immediately

Grazie and… Forza Milan

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
De Ketelaere will play behind the striker with Diaz on the bench. Adli and Bennacer will rotate for the CM position next to Sandro. That's the way it will be. Maldini will try to offload Alexis and buy Ziyech or another player. Bennacer/Adli and Tonali/Pobega seems pretty good for CM. RW is where we need to upgrade.

MaShiMoRoiiz

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Early talks with Pioli: "Before signing I talked to Pioli, so I already knew a little bit what he wants. A couple of days ago he showed me with the staff some videos with the style of play he expects from me. I really liked it and I saw myself in that kind of soccer."

Thanks for the translation man.

According the his interview, it seems like Pioli expects CDK to play mainly as CAM, which is great as it's his desire and his best position.

But it would be great to see Adil and CDK play together. I have no idea how we can play them toghether.

Last edited:

MaShiMoRoiiz

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
De Ketelaere will play behind the striker with Diaz on the bench. Adli and Bennacer will rotate for the CM position next to Sandro. That's the way it will be. Maldini will try to offload Alexis and buy Ziyech or another player. Bennacer/Adli and Tonali/Pobega seems pretty good for CM. RW is where we need to upgrade.
Do you think that Adli can play in double pivot role?

I see him playing mid in 4-3-3.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Maldini doesn't buy finished players
He's not finished. He's 31. We have 36 yr old starters in our team. HOWEVER, a better reason for not signing him is that Roma would eventually have to pay his full salary. So this probably a loan that will never become permanent (UNLESS he takes a huge pay cut which is unlikely).

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Do you think that Adli can play in double pivot role?

I see him playing mid in 4-3-3.

I think he can when he plays with either Tonali or Pobega. We will play with a flat three in the defensive phase any way with CDK tracking back. Something which he is good at.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
So after all that the conclusion is that we still need what we've needed back in December :proud:
I think playing Tonali-Bennacer-Adli is very lightweight.
But by placing Adli and Bennacer in competition for one spot, we could lose him (another great player gone AGAIN)

I have no fucking idea why we didn't just get a proper RW as our #1 priority :max:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
So after all that the conclusion is that we still need what we've needed back in December :proud:
But by placing Adli and Bennacer in competition for one spot, we could lose him (another great player gone AGAIN)

I have no fucking idea why we didn't just get a proper RW as our #1 priority :max:

Quite simple: because we needed a true CAM as well.

I think Maldini isn't done yet. He will try to sell Alexis and loan Ziyech or someone else

MaShiMoRoiiz

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

1. We are broke this market.
2. The team think other positions (Kessie's replacement and 4th CB) are top priority.
3. Pioli likes Messias and has confidence in him.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's not finished. He's 31. We have 36 yr old starters in our team. HOWEVER, a better reason for not signing him is that Roma would eventually have to pay his full salary. So this probably a loan that will never become permanent (UNLESS he takes a huge pay cut which is unlikely).
They'll probably rework the whole deal again next summer just like every club does.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Its all good if If CDK plays RW or if we do get a RW if he wasnt one.
Whats idiotic is wasting all the money on CDK & still have Messias & Sale as our RW starters.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1. We are broke this market.
2. The team think other positions (Kessie's replacement and 4th CB) are top priority.
3. Pioli likes Messias and has confidence in him.
RW is priority number one , two & three.
Messias is mediocre & Saale is shit.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni

RW has been neglected for a long time. Maybe Maldini just can't find the right player for the right price. You can only spend your money once. Even more so when you're on a limited budget.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I heard iBra and Giroud sent Wijnaldum a MySpace message to get added in Seniors' Bingo
:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah everyone seems to forget, Ibra, Giroud , Kjaer, Florenzi - even our new stud 9 Origi isnt a blossoming talent

MaShiMoRoiiz

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
And yet they are still here. Let's see at the end of the market.

I doubt that we will sign Ziyech unless we are able to sell or loan Sala, which is difficult.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RW has been neglected for a long time. Maybe Maldini just can't find the right player for the right price. You can only spend your money once. Even more so when you're on a limited budget.
Nothing more of a waste than having to bench one of Adli/CDK or two of OG/Origi/CDk while one of Messias/Sale.
There is no excuse for not solving that RW problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.