The Rumour Commode XXXVIII: Next Week is our Week

Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Where will this magical LW come from? Maldini paid 30m for Leao and it took him 3 years to reach this level. For Milan to organically replace Leao it will be a similar style of transfer and Milan will lose their catalyst. At the very least this will result in Milan taking a massive step back when it's on the cusp of the European elite

I don't fault Maldini for Dollar and Kebab but Kessie was 100% a blunder, anyone justifying it is delusional
I know Maldini's time horizon for Milan to become a European force is still another 2-3 years, but Leao might force some cards to fall way faster. This season is a critical junction - one because it is the first of the RedBird era, but also because of Leao's future, and how that could impact the project either way. I think we'll need to pay Leao Ibra-money - if we don't, someone else will. If we pay Leao Ibra-money, it will set the standard for the rest of the team and the market that watches. Leao will be the big driver of wage increases, and this will happen this season, not in 2+ years when Milan is flush with cash.

If this happens, Gazidis role will be crucial, and how Maldini plays this may be more important than his team-building prowess. We all know the new stadium will be the big revenue injection that elevates Milan back to a financial powerhouse, but that could be 5+ years away. In some ways, the onfield performance is accelerating too fast from this perspective, because the more successful Milan is, the more valuable its players become, the more expensive to retain they also become. It is critical that Gazidis can leverage this success into realised commercial value at a faster rate than the cost of maintaining this success. So far, he is doing well in this regard.

Speaking of costs, which @papaberlu eluded to, are the sunk cost and opportunity cost that Milan will suffer if Leao walks. The sunk cost of 30m plus 3 years of development and the continuity lost. The opportunity cost of both Leao's continued ascendance and the replacement's time to gel and develop into an effective replacement. It will be interesting to know at what weight Milan measures these. The sunk costs are immediately realised if Leao leaves, which sucks. But it's the opportunity cost that is super interesting - I'm of the reluctant opinion that if Leao were to leave, Milan would be okay. Milan would have a plan to reduce this cost as much as possible. They have precedence on this - Dollar for Maignan the best example, as this was a net positive.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
All the inbreds who whined and bitched whole of this wonderful scudetto summer should be lashed.

Hitchens there are few good things to eat in Georgia wonderful local diners, good fried chicken where owner have to be over weight black lady and finally ladies either with nice Georgia peach like ass or the ones who go to church.

Oh please watch Atlanta on Hulu top show limit it to first two seasons

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
your opinion of him is in the balance until he wins the ballon d'or?
because when he scores more goals that is what will immediately happen
You're right!! what waiting him after he improve his finishing is only the Great-o-Ballon-d'or ✊🏻🤙🏻

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
You're right!! what waiting him after he improve his finishing is only the Great-o-Ballon-d'or ✊🏻🤙🏻
For Leao to become world class, I think what he needs to work on is not his finishing but rather his movement. He wants to get the ball to his feet all the time and beat defenders through dribbling.

CR7 on the other hand is incredible with his off the ball movement, gets into scoring positions really often. Leao needs to work on that

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Guys I need help on the new kit. With shipping and import duties it’s going to cost me €180 so I need to make the right decision

- for those who have gotten it - how does it look in real life? I can’t decide if it’s iconic or disjointed
- anyone have the training kit? I might get that as well
- most importantly - which player to get? For the first time in a long time there are maybe 5 different outfield players I’d be happy to get. Ok the fodder era I got De Sciglio and Romagnoli, who at the time were my favorite players

I want a stud but also someone who will stay at Milan a long time and become a legend. Tomori/Tonali/Theo are obvious candidates.

Leao is very tempting but I feel uneasy getting his jersey before he renews

I’m also warming to the idea of CDK because his name would look cool and he’s a stud

But Kalulu is my favorite player

Please help so I can avoid buyer’s remorse
Judging by your former choice, I reccomend Theo/Tomo/Kalu

*It's Theo for me, because atm number 19 is very iconic
#Theonumber #scudettonumber #scudetTheo19

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
For Leao to become world class, I think what he needs to work on is not his finishing but rather his movement. He wants to get the ball to his feet all the time and beat defenders through dribbling.

CR7 on the other hand is incredible with his off the ball movement, gets into scoring positions really often. Leao needs to work on that
Well that what separates CR7 from messi..
At the beginning of his career, CR7 is like Leao, he stop doing it when joining Madrid and become a goal poacher because That the only way to stay close on messi numbers
While messi keep creating chances and scoring

But maybe with arrival of Adli and CDK, will improve Leao of ball moevement

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Current Leao can give scudetto
If he can can improve his curling shoot, he will give us UCL and balkon d'or
Exactly. And the most encouraging thing is he seems like aware and working on it. We can see him tried it many times already on his pre-season match.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Guys I need help on the new kit. With shipping and import duties it’s going to cost me €180 so I need to make the right decision

- for those who have gotten it - how does it look in real life? I can’t decide if it’s iconic or disjointed
- most importantly - which player to get? For the first time in a long time there are maybe 5 different outfield players I’d be happy to get. Ok the fodder era I got De Sciglio and Romagnoli, who at the time were my favorite players

I want a stud but also someone who will stay at Milan a long time and become a legend. Tomori/Tonali/Theo are obvious candidates.

I’m also warming to the idea of CDK because his name would look cool and he’s a stud

Id go for Tonali personally and he's the most likely to finish the career here :D

Thought about our gk away kit? I think it looks amazing

RDT_20220812_0848557178351634070924540_edit_1747544163774486.jpg

Milandini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Tonali, Kjær, Leão
Id go for Tonali personally and he's the most likely to finish the career here :D

View attachment 9565
Imagining myself sippin' italian red wine, wearing this sophisticated beauty, while watchin' Maignan being a human wall.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score

View attachment 9565
This is real nice. I didn’t even know it exists, much less in a short sleeve

This kit in Maignan might be the winner.
It’s time for a goalie kit I’ve never bought that before

Milandini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Tonali, Kjær, Leão

I tried the replica in a store, medium size - and it looked better than I expected. I'm 1.80, 76kg and thin/semi athletic build - and it was perfect, shouldn't be smaller or bigger. And the sleeves "goes in" at the bottom, so it makes your biceps look a bit beef'ier.

The safest choice are definitely Tonali (he will be a Milan legend) or Theo, who just extended, but I understand the difficult choice. Many great players to choose from.
I already own a Tonali, so this years is going to be between De Ketelaere, Leão, Theo & Kjær. Leaning towards the first two, for Away/Home. And perhaps The Danish Viking for the third, if it army green.
But if Kalulu is your favorite player, you can't go wrong with supporting him, either.

No matter what, you get the italian shield on the chest - and that is perfection.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Current Leao can give scudetto
If he can can improve his curling shoot, he will give us UCL and balkon d'or
tumblr_mt74ooO5iH1qjauveo1_500.gif

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
guys, why can't you grasp the concept?

we're not actually good... we just have team spirit!

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Crossed out because you already got Tomori's jersey?
Or because you don't believe his contract expiring in 2027 (same as Theos by the way) will be renewed when he turns 29 or 30?

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
N'Dicka will stay at Eintracht and then move for free in the summer. MN

Isn't this a brilliant oportunity? To add a real talent and solve the defence issue completely? Milan can loan some cb now, and take our man for free then.

we need to start taking free players, nit just loosing them

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
N'Dicka will stay at Eintracht and then move for free in the summer. MN

Isn't this a brilliant oportunity? To add a real talent and solve the defence issue completely? Milan can loan some cb now, and take our man for free then.

we need to start taking free players, nit just loosing them
He wants to leave for free so he can get better wages and agent commission. If epl clubs go after him i doubt Maldini ll even try. He can easily get fron stupid epls 5M net and 5 for agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.