Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
150 mil is too low for Leao in the current market.
Man city spent 100 mil for a Useless overrated player like grealish !
Darwin 80
Haaland 60

City prices are in a different bracket. Lets see Rafa in CL and WC this year first.
we are lucky if half of them are still here by 2025
From that list I could drop Bennacer. I could see selling Tomori for insane money to EPL in a few years but his spirit and character is so much that I wouldnt want to unless he feels that to further his NT play he has to. Most others I just want here but that isnt the business of modern football.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
@AntoVitiello on his YouTube channel: "The #Milan for next year would like to try to take Ndicka of Eintracht on a free transfer. For the defender he will focus on a loan, it will probably be Diallo"

There they go again, frabricating content for next year already.
They’ll be pushing that story the whole season. Like Botman and Sanches deal being done and sealed since January, only signatures missing.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know Maldini's time horizon for Milan to become a European force is still another 2-3 years, but Leao might force some cards to fall way faster. This season is a critical junction - one because it is the first of the RedBird era, but also because of Leao's future, and how that could impact the project either way. I think we'll need to pay Leao Ibra-money - if we don't, someone else will. If we pay Leao Ibra-money, it will set the standard for the rest of the team and the market that watches. Leao will be the big driver of wage increases, and this will happen this season, not in 2+ years when Milan is flush with cash.

If this happens, Gazidis role will be crucial, and how Maldini plays this may be more important than his team-building prowess. We all know the new stadium will be the big revenue injection that elevates Milan back to a financial powerhouse, but that could be 5+ years away. In some ways, the onfield performance is accelerating too fast from this perspective, because the more successful Milan is, the more valuable its players become, the more expensive to retain they also become. It is critical that Gazidis can leverage this success into realised commercial value at a faster rate than the cost of maintaining this success. So far, he is doing well in this regard.

Speaking of costs, which @papaberlu eluded to, are the sunk cost and opportunity cost that Milan will suffer if Leao walks. The sunk cost of 30m plus 3 years of development and the continuity lost. The opportunity cost of both Leao's continued ascendance and the replacement's time to gel and develop into an effective replacement. It will be interesting to know at what weight Milan measures these. The sunk costs are immediately realised if Leao leaves, which sucks. But it's the opportunity cost that is super interesting - I'm of the reluctant opinion that if Leao were to leave, Milan would be okay. Milan would have a plan to reduce this cost as much as possible. They have precedence on this - Dollar for Maignan the best example, as this was a net positive.
Vini was making 3.2m and just renewed at 10m after scoring the game winning goal for the CL.

Rodrygo just renewed at 3.6m while Son renewed at 6.3m and Gnabry is at 10m, he just renewed.

I dont think a renewal is going to be a problem for Leao, maybe the next contract after that, will be, but this first one shouldn't be, and I have a feeling we might be surprised at what Leao is renewed at.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
an article on derbyderbyderby by max bambara
giphy.webp

clapping-applause.gif

clapping-clap.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You’ll be disappointed to know that this is our plan also. Gerry specifically mentioned that having a network of teams all working together is part of the long term plan, with Milan at the top of his pyramid. Toulouse already part of the network.
I'm amazed that lazy links to Toulouse players hasn't infested Milan transfer rumors.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Don’t know if this is Somalis but, I’ve seen this in other African “leagues” too. Bag of rice, Box of fish, Cooking oil.
Damn so he might be right..
well its better than getting a trophy only I guess :D

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we are lucky if half of them are still here by 2025
This is not necessarily a bad thing as long as they are sold for big bucks and we reinvest the money properly. Since we are not backed by a whole state, we need to be smart. For example if selling Bennacer for 45 m would bring us 2 good young players (would've made the Enzo Fernandes and Renato Sanches deals probably done right away), I have nothing against it. I just have PTSD from B&G's sales which led to all this money being used for balance the books.

Selling players is nothing bad. Clubs do it all the time. Even the richest ones.
During the last 2 summers these are the sales worth of some top teams:
Man City 253 m
Chelsea 150 m
Liverpool 110 m
Bayern nearly 100 m
Ladri 160 m
Barcelona nearly 100 m
Milan 18 m

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Angelino went to hoffenheim on a dry loan. Feel like that could've been a great back up for us. What happened to him, a lot of big teams were interested not that long ago

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Verse #MilanUdinese : returns to group #Giroud but will be #Rebic starting from the beginning. Also #Origi will be on the bench and ready to make his debut.

Likely:

Maignan
Calabria, Kalulu, Tomori, Theo
Bennacer, Krunic
Messias Brahim Leao
Rebic

@MilanNewsit

Depressing and bored
Looks like we didnt buy any new player

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Angelino went to hoffenheim on a dry loan. Feel like that could've been a great back up for us. What happened to him, a lot of big teams were interested not that long ago
yeah that was a weird move..surely he could've moved to a bigger club no? Also Hoffenheim has a 20mil buyout option..thats almost twice as much as their transfer record so he's most likely going back to Leipzig in the summer :lol:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yeah that was a weird move..surely he could've moved to a bigger club no? Also Hoffenheim has a 20mil buyout option..thats almost twice as much as their transfer record so he's most likely going back to Leipzig in the summer :lol:
loan with option at 20 seems like a steal for him to be honest. he started most of last season, and i dont think Liepzig signed a replacement

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
loan with option at 20 seems like a steal for him to be honest. he started most of last season, and i dont think Liepzig signed a replacement
I mean considering his value, 20 is kinda low but..id say a bigger club would have more chances triggering the option than Hoffenheim, can they even afford 20mil? :lol: also I wonder why are they letting him walk so cheap after being their starter, seems weird

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
No adli, no cdk, no giroud, no Origi, no Tonali.
Don't worry. We have 5 subs. 5 subs can change games as long as we don't concede too many goals in the first half. Last season Pioli subbed in players at halftime. Lemone Inzaghi always did it at 79th minute.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No Lazetic, no Bakayoko, no FBT, no Gabbia, no Mirante, no Tatarusanu, no Florenzi, no Saele, no Pobega
No Botman, no Renato, no Ndicka, no Ziyech, no Tanganga, no Diallo, no CR7, no problem.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Bit of a neurotic vibe in here on the day before :lol:

Spine up gents. We're reigning champions.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Luca Marchetti: AC Milan management are waiting for the final days of the transfer window to complete their squad :g::gt::maldinismug:
Not great move
I dont like last day moves few were good ones
We are probabile waiting for desperat players maybe ziyech or cm

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not great move
I dont like last day moves few were good ones
We are probabile waiting for desperat players maybe ziyech or cm
Ibra first time came right at the end, no?

I’m giving you a sneak peek at the surprise they have in store for you, something you’ll never expect and will make all your hopes and dreams come true:

Spoiler:
OENCtlU_d.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule