The Rumour Commode XXXVIII: Next Week is our Week

Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But how does that matter? Kessie didn’t want to renew and sanchez would have gotten less than 6m.

Does maldini and co. want to upgrade the team from last season or not
They do. But this is probably how that convo went:

"We are not going to compete with the teams that have big budgets. We're going to work within the constraints that we have and you 're going to get out and do the best job you can recruiting new players..."

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
If you asked me (thankfully nobody does :proud: ) we needed Sanches more than CDK.
Sanches is a right midfielder....and can attack like a RW.
CDK is a ? advanced deep lying- center right playmaking forwardback :conf:

This is not minimizing his quality...but we just payed nearly 40M for a player with no defined position or role.
This wasn't as much of a necessity as a RW/RM

CAM? We have Adli and Brahim and often iBra

CF? We have Giroud, Origi and Lazetic ...all mediocre players honestly but is CDK a better striker than them?
RW? Sure......but this is again more HOPE than data. Messias has been doing well in the last few friendlies...
He (sort of) fits the bill. He's fast and can chip in a goal or two. I'm not convinced (of course this is all very early)
that CDK is a Massive Upgrade over him.

But there is a big hole in right midfield that has gotten larger since Kessie's departure.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
If you asked me (thankfully nobody does :proud: ) we needed Sanches more than CDK.
CDK is a ? deep lying- center right playmaking forwardback :conf:

This is not minimizing his quality...but we just payed nearly 40M for a player with no defined position or role.

CF? We have Giroud, Origi and Lazetic ...all mediocre players honestly but is CDK a better striker than them?
RW? Sure......but this is again more HOPE than data. Messias has been doing well in the last few friendlies...
He (sort of) fits the bill. He's fast and can chip in a goal or two. I'm not convinced (of course this is all very early)

But there is a big hole in right midfield that has gotten larger since Kessie's departure.
giphy.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They do. But this is probably how that convo went:

"We are not going to compete with the teams that have big budgets. We're going to work within the constraints that we have and you 're going to get out and do the best job you can recruiting new players..."

This is how they hired Moncada lol

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really don't want a DM, don't think we need one, Pobega and even Krunic can be destructive enough should we need someone to shield our defense. I also think Tonali beasts games, physically, and to think he's still so young.

I want another dynamic CM, Frattesi is actually a nice option, but 35m is absurd for him.

Seko Fofana is actually a great choice if we want to replace Kessie. But I have a lot of faith in Pobega, not to start, but to soak up minutes, close out games, as again, I really want another dynamic CM in our squad.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I really don't want a DM, don't think we need one, Pobega and even Krunic can be destructive enough should we need someone to shield our defense. I also think Tonali beasts games, physically, and to think he's still so young.

I want another dynamic CM, Frattesi is actually a nice option, but 35m is absurd for him.

Seko Fofana is actually a great choice if we want to replace Kessie. But I have a lot of faith in Pobega, not to start, but to soak up minutes, close out games, as again, I really want another dynamic CM in our squad.
Pobega like Krunic or Pasalic is almost an AM. Not DM.

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
stay down where you belong dummy
View attachment 9116
The whole thing goes like this:

'I’m much better than I was, although still missing a little something. Sarri’s game is more tactical, Pioli’s was different, it was more one-on-one in large areas of the pitch. This game suits me more and I like it better.'

No disrespect, it's obvious he doesn't like one-on-one Piolismo when he's slow, unsecure and lacks agressivness 😊 with tactical, space defending he can at least try to hide this

Also, one of the reasons we're looking for different profiles to substitute him, as Diallo or Tanganga

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pobega like Krunic or Pasalic is almost an AM. Not DM.
No. In the first half of the season with Torino he played as part of the double CM unit for Torino in their 3421.

In the second half, after Torino bought Ricci, they played Pobega as an anti-10 "AM" where he did good work but was clearly not comfortable there and it was a waste of him.

So, no.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Roma fans are so funny, they legit think they have a shot at scudetto now that they signed Gini :lol:
They do have a shot. Roma will finish top 4 this season.
CDK is a ? deep lying- center right playmaking forwardback :conf:

Deep lying?

CDK is versatile obviously, but seems to excel in being a drifting, central playmaker/center forward. He starts centrally and finds spaces in between or behind the lines, then makes things tick from there with smart line-breaking passes and linkup play.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
@ROSSONERI7 what do we think about Seiko Fofana?

I know @Qaas will like him
Looks a good player.
Dynamic, energetic
He was doing his thing since Udinese.
we were linked to him then, right?

Then he made that surprising move to lens, where he seems to have continued to be good.

I know the new Ivorian coach has called him up/will call him up in the near future.

Profile wise though I don’t think he’s the type Maldini will go for. Age, price. We’d rather spend that amount in a potentially future WC talent.
And for himself, I think he made that move to lens to be in the biggest supermarket (ligue 1) display window so he can earn a big move… and big move for him also mean somehow guaranteed first team place.
So I can see him going to less prestigious CL team like a Sevilla (just example, no link) and be a starter than coming here and be a rotation player at best.
Idk, his move to Lens tells me that’s the kind of guy he is lol.

Last edited:

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
We did with Brahim & Dalot.
Yes, bit that was during the seasons where we needed to revamp the team, so we got them any way we could.

Now we're polishing the team and I'm sure a short term experiments won't be used (such as e.g. Meite)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks a good player.
Dynamic, energetic
He was doing his thing since Udinese.
we were linked to him then, right?

Then he made that surprising move to lens, where he seems to have continued to be good.

I know the new Ivorian coach has called him up/will call him up in the near future.

Profile wise though I don’t think he’s the type Maldini will go for. Age, price. We’d rather spend that amount in a potentially future WC talent.
And for himself, I think he made that move to lens to be at the window to be in the biggest supermarket (ligue 1) display window so he can earn a big move… and big move for him also mean somehow guaranteed first team place.
So I can see him going to less prestigious CL team like a Sevilla (just example, no link) and be a starter than coming here and be a rotation player at best.
Idk, his move to Lens tells me that’s the kind of guy he is lol.
Yea I was a bit surprised.

I thought Lens is a downgrade from Udinese, but guess not

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Did Menedez really get Renato 6 million. Extend Leao please. I cant see him walk for 0 dollars

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Bench is simple or there is no brain power used when Lukaku is on top of him.
It's more tactical because he has to actually be on the pitch for Lazio instead of benched by Tomori/Kalulu/Kjaer. Imagine him facing Adli, CDK, Leao? What a field day.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
If Lille and Sanches were both happy with our offer, they would have accepted?

I would be 100% on board with you if we offered only 10m and only 2m for Sanches which I doubt was the case.

Are you proposing we should have made the offer that PSG made earlier to try to close out this deal?
They were clearly not and we all know they never offer what players / clubs ask for.
They probably got comfortable and here we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule