Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Barca is literally a Zombie,
They are in a comatose but they've been made to walk with the living.

One more catastrophic season and i think they're done!
What's a catastrophic season?
You expect them to miss CL?

Until banks stop giving them money, companies stop paying insane amounts for their rights and players start suing them for wages I don't see any change in their MO

If they can convince DeJong to go and they sell off a few more percentage points in broadcasting rights they bypass Liga and carry on until next season's crisis and then rinse repeat

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Messias can be a surprise packet for sure. I mean scored 5 goals last season and basically missed the first half of the year. Let's see how he goes after a full season plus a pre season getting used to this level. Cant be seen as a regular 31 yo because his story is so different. In the end tho we need a young up and coming RW. That might be sael. If it isn't we need to buy one so that he can have time to acclimatise. Is that player CDK. Who knows. Reality is we have alot of good young players. It's just a matter of making it work now.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
What's a catastrophic season?
You expect them to miss CL?

Until banks stop giving them money, companies stop paying insane amounts for their rights and players start suing them for wages I don't see any change in their MO

If they can convince DeJong to go and they sell off a few more percentage points in broadcasting rights they bypass Liga and carry on until next season's crisis and then rinse repeat
CL money alone can't help them
They really need SL to commence, because without it they might face bankruptcy.

Why do you think they keep on purchasing?
To actually win something?
Maybe, yes, for a small part.
But i think it's mostly commercial

But losing Messi was a big commercial setback. Now they are desperately looking for another iconic player to boost their image. That's why they go for Lewa,since thay can't afford the like of Mbappe, Halland, Salah.

Idk what their revenue target is, but judging from their current stare, that revenue target is more important than anything.
Missing that mark could be catastrophic.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
But you could see what our budget is wheb you read names fir cm position
Just dont buy none
Mm made mistek not securing deal for cm in january but probabile elliot fyckers stoped everything
Except these names come from the same people that assume we only have 10m. Reality is n9body knows.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Last one of the 3, and the only real memory of football I have from that time was watching the 1994 World Cup, enjoy the magic of football brought by the best Romanian national team to date.

I actually watched them play in the QF game at Stanford stadium

EDIT - horrible seats, though (if I remember correctly)

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

pat_m_9

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I feel like Donnarumma and to some extent, Romagnoli, really damaged the reputation that Italian players had for being blindly loyal to their clubs.

A massive shoutout to Tommaso Pobega and all the very best for the next 5 years of our journey together.

Signed, sealed and delivered with no questions asked

Forza Rossoneri

Milan Forever
Reaction score
CL money alone can't help them
They really need SL to commence, because without it they might face bankruptcy.

Why do you think they keep on purchasing?
To actually win something?
Maybe, yes, for a small part.
But i think it's mostly commercial

But losing Messi was a big commercial setback. Now they are desperately looking for another iconic player to boost their image. That's why they go for Lewa,since thay can't afford the like of Mbappe, Halland, Salah.

Idk what their revenue target is, but judging from their current stare, that revenue target is more important than anything.
Missing that mark could be catastrophic.
You seem to be very worried about them. Let them rot and meet us in CL. We will fooky fooky fook them.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Berardi will come. I can feel it.
No please no

kid-with-cross.jpg

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
De Ketelaere will play behind the striker with Diaz on the bench. Adli and Bennacer will rotate for the CM position next to Sandro. That's the way it will be. Maldini will try to offload Alexis and buy Ziyech or another player. Bennacer/Adli and Tonali/Pobega seems pretty good for CM. RW is where we need to upgrade.
With Renato gone I’d rather we do this as well and bring in Ziyech on loan plus option

I’d prefer moving Adli deeper than getting a panic buy in midfield just to fill out the numbers

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
they assume he can also do what Bennacer does because in theory he can fend defenders off while he dribble and then either switch the play or pass the ball off.

we already lost Kessie :lol: imagine Adli at DM with one of Tonali or Bennacer. Disastrous even in theory.
Forget 4-2- fantasia

This is 4- fantasia

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

laughing-tom-cruise.gif

Good, fuck em. About time financial restrictions actually apply to other big clubs except us.

Sadly I have zero faith in them following trough with it, Barca will find some imaginary money again, and get a slap on the wrist at best.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
De Ketelaere's exclusive interview with DAZN. Translated with DeepL.

De Ketelaere to DAZN: "Here for the project. I spoke with Pioli, he wants me as a trequartista"

Milan's new signing Charles De Ketelaere was interviewed exclusively by DAZN. These are all his statements:

On the negotiation: "It took a while to get here and that's why the tension was building, but now I'm happy to be here. Only the moment I signed the contract and had the jersey in my hands did I say to myself, "Okay, now I'm an AC Milan player!" and I felt really happy."

On the Milan project: "It wasn't the words that convinced me but what this club is doing. It is going back to the top again, we all see it how much the young people improve here, and as they grow they make the whole team grow. They won the Scudetto, so it's a great team to mature in if you're a young person."

Who impressed you the most in the first few practices? "Clearly the level of everyone is higher than at Bruges: for example, the technical quality of Leao, the finalization of Giroud... All these things. I hope to get to this level as quickly as possible."

Who was your first opponent? "I played against Kjaer, in 11 vs 11 I was facing him."

Pioli reported that Origi described you as "half Kaká and half Havertz." What did you think? "Maybe he compared me to Kaká because he played in Milan, or because of the position on the field. As for Havertz I think we are not similar, but he is also tall, he is a striker or offensive midfielder and he is left-handed... In that we are similar. But I prefer to say that I am just myself and in every game I want to show who I am."

Early talks with Pioli: "Before signing I talked to Pioli, so I already knew a little bit what he wants. A couple of days ago he showed me with the staff some videos with the style of play he expects from me. I really liked it and I saw myself in that kind of soccer."

In what role? "The one they call trequartista, but I can do other roles. However, this is the role I need to focus on right away. But it's the style of play I like; going deep, having freedom around the point. I'm looking forward to expressing myself in that position."

Are you one of those players who watches videos of other players to learn their movements? "Yes, especially if I have to change roles sometimes I watch videos of those who play in that position to learn and memorize the movements. It's not like every day I watch soccer videos though, I do it sometimes before games."

For example, when you had to watch how a center forward moves, who did you study? "I watched videos of the best strikers in the world like Lewandowski, Benzema... And I forget many others."

What about being a trequartista? "I always really liked De Bruyne, he is one of the best players in Belgium. In my role he is the best, so I watch how he plays."

But in your language there is no word in Belgium for "trequartista"? "No, there is no precise word like in Italian, we just say offensive midfielder."

In Italy every number has a meaning, the one for 90 is "fear," "I didn't know that."

Is there anything that scares you in your life, in your career? "I would say no. I consider myself a humble and calm guy but I believe in myself a lot, and so there is nothing or no one that scares me."

If you could change the meaning of the number 90, which one would you choose? "I think choose 'ambition,' because I am still very young and have a long career ahead of me. I have the ambition to do great things, and so I really think I would choose that."

What is your dream? "I think the most important thing is to win the Champions League, that is my dream. But now I'm at AC Milan, I think it's easier to win it here than in Bruges (laughs, ed.), so I hope to win it sooner or later."

ORIGINAL IN ITALIAN
Hurry up, someone give him videos of Mo Salah.:maldinismug:

Last edited:

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
I post it all.
Re-open the debate.
Or just wait for tomorrow.
RW

That clip is from the DAZN exclusive interview that I posted earlier. See here. It's a very good and insightful interview if you want to find out what De Ketelaere is really all about. From his first interactions with Pioli and the players, to his ambitions and goals, notably for the team. It's also a fantastic complementary interview to have alongside the official press conference that he did earlier in the day.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
😂 Just landed on the full (longer) quote.
He just pointed out what was being said all along… he needs someone to hold his hand. A babysitter.

when he raises his head, it seems like he'll litterally yelling for help.

fast-pace.gif

we need CDK or Origi to Isolate him when we meet them.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My little brothers friend telling me to watch the arsenal match.. he saying this is their best team in 15 years.

Anyone with a good Link?

Just came back from the game. Milivojevic got us some tickets. Sadly I can’t make it to Italy this year so on my flyover back to NA I stopped to watch the EPL season opener.

And yes, Arsenal have a decent and very young team, with one potential rapist on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule