Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
Sorry bro I’m on the Jean Onana train:

He fits our recruitment profile too. Young (only 22), cheap (around 6-9 million is feasible), good potential/upside, low wages, Moncada-endorsed/approved, low risk (we won't make a loss selling him off, in case he doesn't work out).

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He fits our recruitment profile too. Young (only 22), cheap (around 6-9 million is feasible), good potential/upside, low wages, Moncada-endorsed/approved, low risk (we won't make a loss selling him off, in case he doesn't work out).

Kojak will complain: “We can’t get 2/3 of the midfield of a relegated team”

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
So you saying i am homosexual
200w.gif
no he is saying that you take it up the ass

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok, do we have a De Ligt that we could just sell and raise 70 + 10? (Player who many here argue didn't live up to his potential)

I think what @papaberlu means is that Salad and Rebic didn't cost us 50M in the first place. Combined they probably didn't even cost us 10M. De Ligt however was bought for >85M and sold for 67M (plus bonuses). Juve could register a Plusvalenza on him for this season, but they still lost money on the whole operation.

Edit: With wages included, it's even worse and less comparable. Let alone agent fees for Mr. Raiola (RIP).

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
The reality is when a player is as dominant, consistent, and reliable as Theo a quality backup is out of the picture

Especially when Milan would need one that mirrors Theo's abilities for a low price, FBT is about as good as you can expect
I don’t think it’s impossible to find a Florenzi type deal for LB.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok, do we have a De Ligt that we could just sell and raise 70 + 10? (Player who many here argue didn't live up to his potential)
I mean I guess? not sure what your point here is though

The net spend matters because Milan and Atalanta are really the only clubs in Italy willing to buy without selling

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Ladri and merda somehow managed to clear a good chunk of wages (even considering severance) by offloading major fodders like Ramsey, rabiot, Sanchez, Vidal

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Nice find bro. Now, link up with Moncada. I’m sure this dude ain’t that expensive. Great passing technique, effortless and plays direct. Left-footed. Leao and Theo will feast. Not so good in finishing but we don’t need him to do that job. Great scouting.
More on this player:

France: Very generous in the effort, the Malian international midfielder from Troyes, Rominigue Kouamé is in the top of the players who have traveled the greatest distance per match on average in km. The Estac control tower covers an average of 11.03 km...503C5E9F-DF43-41D1-A52E-13046BA5F745.jpeg

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think what @papaberlu means is that Salad and Rebic didn't cost us 50M in the first place. Combined they probably didn't even cost us 10M. De Ligt however was bought for >85M and sold for 67M (plus bonuses). Juve could register a Plusvalenza on him for this season, but they still lost money on the whole operation.
Rebic was swapped for Andre Silva.

Who was what? 38m + 4m when we bought him? We swapped him at what - 22m?

Point is, do we have players at our disposal to make sales and still maintain squad quality? Even if its needed for us to fill additional "holes" in our squad?

If not then it's a bit funny to pretend that we are somehow better off because we had the "highest net spending" no?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean I guess? not sure what your point here is though

The net spend matters because Milan and Atalanta are really the only clubs in Italy willing to buy without selling
"selling without buying" doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Also, it's not really like we have underperforming profiles we could just sell and make improvements.

If by the end of the season, we didn't reach our goal, not a single person will look back and say "well at least we spend the most without having to sell".

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
yo barca, you better listen to Creed Bratton:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"selling without buying" doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Also, it's not really like we have underperforming profiles we could just sell and make improvements.

If by the end of the season, we didn't reach our goal, not a single person will look back and say "well at least we spend the most without having to sell".
It does matter though

One club is buying without weakening the squad. Another is selling a crucial piece and replacing it with a downgrade

It is not the end all be all but a point worth mentioning when people complain about Milan's lack of transfer investment

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#Milan looks to #Onyedika for his midfield. 2001 of #Midtjylland tops the list of #Maldini and #Massara

another cup winner. Even the young players we tend to sign are players from winning teams or with winning mentalities. The mentality of some of these guys is priceless. This is a team that's aiming for a lot more trophies together

CDK 3 time league champion, 2 time cup winner
Origi League champion, cup winner, and UCL winner
Florenzi league, euros, cup winner
Tonali serie B winner
Tomori youth world cup winner, multiple time youth league winner, player of the season for derby
Giroud
Brahim
even Hauge won the league title if im not mistaken.

Now hopefully Onyedika joins this list

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It does matter though

One club is buying without weakening the squad. Another is selling a crucial piece and replacing it with a downgrade

It is not the end all be all but a point worth mentioning when people complain about Milan's lack of transfer investment
Well, not so long ago people were lining up here saying De Ligt was a bust, and that Tomori is much better, not to mention, De Ligt made it clear he won't renew. Now all of a sudden he is a crucial piece and Bremer is a downgrade (this certainly wasn't the sentiment - we had a couple of pages discussing who we would rather have as starting CB between De Ligt and Bremer pages back)

Ok, let me see us sell one of our busts that doesn't want to renew for a number that can boost our transfer fund? If we couldn't then this whole spend without selling is not by choice, rather we were forced to.

I never complained about Milan's lack of investment. Matter of fact, I have been saying all along to expect <50m, especially with Bennacer and Leao's renewal hanging and us entering a key stage next summer where we potentially would have to replace both of them. I just think it's disingenuous to look at this stat (how much net spending) and act like its a big win for us when there are clearly holes in our squad we need to fill.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What if it was a player that wasn’t performing that well anyways?

Would we be complaining about selling Salad and Rebic for 50m and buying a bunch of players?
Of course it depends on context. But to just say ‘they spent that much and we spent less’ just completely ignores a major piece of context.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, not so long ago people were lining up here saying De Ligt was a bust, and that Tomori is much better, not to mention, De Ligt made it clear he won't renew. Now all of a sudden he is a crucial piece and Bremer is a downgrade (this certainly wasn't the sentiment - we had a couple of pages discussing who we would rather have as starting CB between De Ligt and Bremer pages back)

Ok, let me see us sell one of our busts that doesn't want to renew for a number that can boost our transfer fund? If we couldn't then this whole spend without selling is not by choice, rather we were forced to.

I never complained about Milan's lack of investment. Matter of fact, I have been saying all along to expect <50m, especially with Bennacer and Leao's renewal hanging and us entering a key stage next summer where we potentially would have to replace both of them. I just think it's disingenuous to look at this stat (how much net spending) and act like its a big win for us when there are clearly holes in our squad we need to fill.
De Ligt was still their best defender and a prized asset, regardless of how Milan fans online rate him. You can call him a bust but if you talk to any Juve fan they'll tell you how important he was to their defense. They replaced him with Bremer who, as many feared, is struggling to adapt to a 4 back system. Now I don't disagree with the move to sell De Ligt, I would have done the same but they probably should have picked a better replacement

The irony here is Milan is losing the net spend battle :lol:

Being able to improve the team without taking away from it is important is all but I guess you're right it's kinda irrelevant at the end of the day

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Ladri and merda somehow managed to clear a good chunk of wages (even considering severance) by offloading major fodders like Ramsey, rabiot, Sanchez, Vidal
actually..not really

left inter:
vidal 6.5mil
sanchez 7mil
perisic 5mil
vecino 2.5mil
ranocchia 1.8mil
kolarov 1.5mil
saved 24.3mil

joined inter:
lukaku 8mil
asslani 1mil
bellanova 1.2mil
mkhitaryan 4mil
onana 3mil
+ they've given out contracts to kebab etc that progress as the contracts goes on, so thats a few mil to be added, also brozovic renewed on higher wages etc
total of 17.2mil and they still need a backup cb and most likely a sanchez replacement

so they should be level on what they were paying last year

as for juve, they did good but also lost a lot of quality which they havent replaced yet..
left:
de ligt 8mil
dybala 7.3mil
bernadeschi 4mil
ramsey 7mil
chiellini 3mil
morata 5mil

pogba 8mil
di maria 6mil

so they're ligher for 15mil/net for now but they need to replace quite a few players as well (chiellini, morata, another winger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule