• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Yeah its clear that he is way behind in the pecking order so they might as well try him as one of the cms.. dont know how good his defensive game is, but he is certainly built like someone who could dominate in the midfield.

That's where we have a problem. We have Bennacer and Tonali who are the clear starters. If one of them gets injured we'll have to play Krunic, Pobega, Adli or Bakayoko. I like Krunic, but only as a subsitute. Both Pobega and Adli could be valuable for us, but it will take some time. Bakayoko is trash. We need to let one or two players go to buy a starting level midfielder or two of them won't see the pitch at all this season.

I'm not so much worried for Serie A, but we need another player if we want to play ball in Europe.

Milandini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Tonali, Kjær, Leão
If we use today’s game as an indicator of how Pioli will line up (he’ll probably switch it up from time to time, but let’s play along), I think our priority should be:
1. CM (defensive-minded, physical and athletic)
2. RW (who can make deadly crosses and has good decision-making)
3. CB (who can be a reliable substitute)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
So manchester united worst team in the PL at the moment?

wow
Meanwhile AC Milan are the best team in Serie A at the moment?

I wonder if Qaas logged out of RedCafe for the week... not good for his health.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pioli needs to fix some issues before Atalanta game. It's not anyomore that strong from 2 years ago, but still they have enough quality to win against top teams in Italy.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

1660417179391.gif

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need a cdm and cb who are very good at set pieces and crosses otherwise, any opponent will spam crosses and it won’t be long before they score.
meh

Those goals weren't really the fault of the CB/CDMs

And whoever is brought in won't start over Tonali/Bennacer and Kalulu/Tomori

just need to improve in that area, hopefully Pioli can make some adjustments in training

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Adli as a CM is what we need. I think he has all the tools to play there. I hope Pioli works on this solution soon as CDK looked magic on every touch today.
It's not the first time I'm saying it but I'll say it again :

Adli is Bennacer 2.0

Adli - Tonali is the future

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights of United’s game.

They look like prime banter era us, unreal 😂😂😂

Wonder how long they will watch this before firing Ten Haag and if they are going to fire the ex-Ajax-SD Ten Haag brought with him too. And this after getting Rangnick to be the SD for this season. Just another sample of how clueless and volatile ManUs upper management is. No clear direction. No theme. Only confusion and millions and millions flushed down the toilet.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Funny how many were convinced CDK a 2 year linear trajectory project and Adli is an undisputed starter after a few friendlies

Not taking nothing away from Adli he’s a jewel, but CDK might turn out better than Leao

If he puts some mass on in the next 1-2 years in a sustainable way I don’t see stopping him

@brk

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's where we have a problem. We have Bennacer and Tonali who are the clear starters. If one of them gets injured we'll have to play Krunic, Pobega, Adli or Bakayoko. I like Krunic, but only as a subsitute. Both Pobega and Adli could be valuable for us, but it will take some time. Bakayoko is trash. We need to let one or two players go to buy a starting level midfielder or two of them won't see the pitch at all this season.

I'm not so much worried for Serie A, but we need another player if we want to play ball in Europe.
I'm just curious as to why you are so down on Adli. We need another CM and another CB, in my opinion.

You said that Ziyech tracks back, does he really? That would be great. I doubt he will want to go to Man Utd lol.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Meanwhile rangers won 4-0
U must be having a great day wearing ur kilt

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Wish Salad had connected his Van Basten style effort.. we could have then hyped him up and sold him off to United for 50 million who would be desperate for signings now..:D

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Notes in the margin. As soon as Origi comes into form in Serie A, nobody stops him, mark my words. CDK touches the ball from top player
People underrate divock, he’s such a killer especially off the bench what a signing imagine wanting belotti :lol:

CDK has that X factor… his touch and link up man, movement, everything

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

I agree that we do need a cm, but i think or have a hope that adli could pull off as the third CM after benna and tonali, in case they don’t invest? Cause the kid right now is behind both diaz and charles at AM.

bill0621

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pobega can’t do it, he’s simply too slow and static. Hope management can see the problems today. A physically dominant CM and a tall CB are the last 2 pcs to complete the team. Sell both Messias and 56 if we can.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I'm just curious as to why you are so down on Adli. We need another CM and another CB, in my opinion.

You said that Ziyech tracks back, does he really? That would be great. I doubt he will want to go to Man Utd lol.

I'm not down on Adli by any means. I think he's a talented player, but he's not ready for the starting line-up. If you look at our midfield roster we only have two clear starters for the CM and DM/CM postion (Ismael and Sandro). We need at least one player on the bench that is starting level material to compete with them. I like that we have talent and potential on the bench, but will that be enough for the near future? As I said before, I see Adli as a CM. Is he good enough to be a starter if Bennacer gets injured. I'm not so sure.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
For Bennacer, I used to be highly valued him. But not so for now, because :
1. He's injury prone. He's truly a total warrior, but it seems like his body can't keep up with the way he play (always pushing and flexing his body to the max).
2. When came back from injury, he rarely a players that ready to be called upon anytime. He need many matches to be back in form, and that's lead too..
3. He's not reliable. When came back from injury he usually become prone to mistakes. And he prone to the SAME mistakes a.k.a losing ball in his own third. The bad thing is, his mistake is something that usually doesn't happen in normal situation like cheap failed-pass, or dispossessed because of unnecessary dribbling in his own third. And when that mistakes happened, the CB doesn't ready, the GK doesn't ready, that's lead to very dangerous situation.

When he's settled, he can give performance worthy of MvP, but when he only can play half-games a season while giving 50:50 chance of MvP worthy performance vs point-costing performance, I say that whenever someone come knocking to pay his release clause, we shouldn't thinking twice.
If anyone can watch today's full match replay and focus on Bennacer, you can see that he made many silly movement/pass unexpected even for his own teammates, to the point that even Maignan hesitated to pass on him in his own third.

It's been always like that since he first came in here.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I agree that we do need a cm, but i think or have a hope that adli could pull off as the third CM after benna and tonali, in case they don’t invest? Cause the kid right now is behind both diaz and charles at AM.

Exactly my thoughts. See my reaction @Samaldinho a few posts above.

Status
Not open for further replies.