Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
I remember people here crying how the other interested party wasn't using 100% of their own money.
... and the point is? At least this is not a leveraged buyout, costing Milan 30M per year. If I recall the terms of the sale, the interest is not due right away, RedBird just need to raise additional funds. Once the market gets a little better that should not be too hard. If Cardinale raised 600M in this market, he can raise the rest.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
So Nedved and Pogba shit coming out the same day ? Or is nedved’s video old?

I Know Allegri’s shit ain’t far behind. Tomorrow morning, the latest.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Obviously Pioli isn’t going to come out and say my RW sucks. That would be stupid. I’m sure he would be ecstatic if they upgraded that as well.
Yeah, he always struck me as an an oppressed coach without the ear of his director.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
... and the point is? At least this is not a leveraged buyout, costing Milan 30M per year. If I recall the terms of the sale, the interest is not due right away, RedBird just need to raise additional funds. Once the market gets a little better that should not be too hard. If Cardinale raised 600M in this market, he can raise the rest.

It doesn't matter when the interest is due, it will all be paid anyway.

I believe the Bahrain fund was using 800m of it's own funds and financing the rest. RedBird is doing a 50/50 split it seems.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Bring the Thiaw tomorrow and the Vrankx by Friday and shut the door. Let’s start cooking…this is an “undefeated” season + Europe gonna start to talk (more) when we drag Chelsea in the mud home and away.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Bring the Thiaw tomorrow and the Vrankx by Friday and shut the door. Let’s start cooking…this is an “undefeated” season + Europe gonna start to talk (more) when we drag Chelsea in the mud home and away.
I am really hoping Milan can carry the high pressing aggression demonstrated v Bologna into the game v Sassualo on Tuesday.

In particular when it comes to playing SalzBurg in the champions league. They need to show real belief from the start and not let the occasion get the better of them.

This was a significant factor in last year’s champions league run something they will surely rectify this time round. They know what has to be done and will carry it out with greater confidence this time.

There will be a lot of games so no one can take it lightly everyone is going to have to contribute to the fullest of their ability.

Last edited:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Close your eyes and project yourself 3 years ahead.
With:
30 yo Maignan
27-28 yo Theo Bennacer Tomori
24-25 yos Tonali, Kalulu CDK Adli
22-23yos Vrankx Thiaw Traore and Lazetic

+ the 1-2 new talents coming in each season.

*Yes I skipped Rafa, I simply don’t know.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Has anyone checked on @brk?

He told us all about the lists, and all we’ve done is add Belgians, Germans, and a Frenchman to our squad.
His opinions are facing gale force winds on several fronts. He thought we would spend XXX, but we didn't. Wear a good hat defending your positions, @brk . Maybe something with straps.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I am really hoping Milan can carry the high pressing aggression demonstrated v Bologna into the game v Sassualo on Tuesday.

In particular when it comes to playing Leipzig in the champions league. They need to show real belief from the start and not let the occasion get the better of them.

This was a significant factor in last year’s champions league run something they will surely rectify this time round. They know what has to be done and will carry it out with greater confidence this time.

There will be a lot of games so no one can take it lightly everyone is going to have to contribute to the fullest of their ability.
I believe we have the depth to carry on like that through the season, granted we don’t get freaky injury crisis…
there will be a natural little drop off but not a burnout.

Last year, first year back in Cl and first time for most of our player was baptism…and by fire given the group we were drawn in. And add to that the referees mistakes (let’s not wake Sam up 😂)
The boys are initiated and ready now. We should be good. More than good.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You've played until adult age, haven't you @ROSSONERI7 ? At a high level?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Has anyone checked on @brk?

He told us all about the lists, and all we’ve done is add Belgians, Germans, and a Frenchman to our squad.

His opinions are facing gale force winds on several fronts. He thought we would spend XXX, but we didn't. Wear a good hat defending your positions, @brk . Maybe something with straps.

😂
Brk is very detail oriented, meticulous. Thus sometimes, worries/cares about things are not really worrisome.
Top tier contributor.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I believe we have the depth to carry on like that through the season, granted we don’t get freaky injury crisis…
there will be a natural little drop off but not a burnout.

Last year, first year back in Cl and first time for most of our player was baptism…and by fire given the group we were drawn in. And add to that the referees mistakes (let’s not wake Sam up 😂)
The boys are initiated and ready now. We should be good. More than good.
Thiaw and Vranckxxx would complete a very good market IMO and address all but one major concern. I also feel a lot better as I said earlier about Pobega after seeing him against Bologna. He will provide valuable minutes and rest as we close matches out. He had at least 2 nice interventions in our own box (a header and tackle or interception). That really calmed my nerves.

Add Krunic and Vranckx and we go. No one in Italy has better depth, not many in Europe do.

The 5 sub rule will benefit us tremendously for rotation and experience blooding in our youths like we did yesterday. When you start dominating, you can rotate and get valuable playing time to your rotation players, at least that’s how I always did it in FIFA.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
You've played until adult age, haven't you @ROSSONERI7 ? At a high level?
who-me-look-around.gif

My talent did not allow me.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thiaw and Vranckxxx would complete a very good market IMO and address all but one major concern. I also feel a lot better as I said earlier about Pobega after seeing him against Bologna. He will provide valuable minutes and rest as we close matches out. He had at least 2 nice interventions in our own box (a header and tackle or interception). That really calmed my nerves.

Add Krunic and Vranckx and we go. No one in Italy has better depth, not many in Europe do.

The 5 sub rule will benefit us tremendously for rotation and experience blooding in our youths like we did yesterday. When you start dominating, you can rotate and get valuable playing time to your rotation players, at least that’s how I always did it in FIFA.
Always a pleasure reading the prose of this individual.

What's the one major concern? Are you on purpose ducking me adressing the RW issue?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think it takes a serious mind to consider the idea of added power at our AM meaning something for what we consider the "RW issue".

I'm going public with this, because I think it's a good idea. CDK/Brahim/Adli will negligize(not a word, I invented it) our need for an RW that does anything beyond Messias/Saele. In fact both those will thrive with this new situation, and continue to balance our play.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pioli told the press like a million times before that he uses a loopsided system and so the player that he wants in the RW is different from Leão - and for him it's not about scoring. IDK why so many people don't get this and keep asking/linking us with pure forwards.
Saele and Messias are functional to his system. Messias probably would look better upfront and have better numbers if he wasn't asked to spend so much energy doing midfield work. But his work is essential for Leão and Theo to have freedom to attack freely the left side.

He wants a workhorse first there. That's why CDK will not play RW. That's why Maldini will not simply buy a RW with lots of goals and assists and hope for the best. He wants to give the piece Pioli wants. It's not an easy position to upgrade within our budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule