The Rumour Commode

Who would you prefer to come as a big name signing this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
Cavani is awesome. I wouldn't mind him 1 bit if we miss on dzeko.... if wolfburg fuck us on this (assuming we put competitive bid) they will officially be my most hated team

Yeah Cavani's looked pretty good this season. He's going to be pretty expensive though. Tbh the prospect of not getting Dzeko and instead spending that kind of money on an FB or two and maybe a new AM while keeping Hunt isn't a bad idea. Don't get me wrong; I really want Dzeko but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get him.

It would kinda hurt not getting a player that wants us so badly though.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Cavani's looked pretty good this season. He's going to be pretty expensive though. Tbh the prospect of not getting Dzeko and instead spending that kind of money on an FB or two and maybe a new AM while keeping Hunt isn't a bad idea. Don't get me wrong; I really want Dzeko but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get him.

It would kinda hurt not getting a player that wants us so badly though.

I love everything about Dzeko, but I'm starting to think that purchasing him wouldn't be the best move for Milan. Unfortunately, we are dealing with a team in Wolfsburg that has virtually no interest in selling Dzeko to us. If Dzeko agreed to a 40 million buyout clause instead of something like 20 or 25, then he screwed himself out of the opportunity to play for the team he loves. It's hard to describe how stupid a decision that was if it is indeed true, which I still hope it is not... Either way, it's hard to justify even paying 20 or 25 million for Dzeko when we have a very limited budget and so many needs. I'd rather see that type of money spent on two young defenders (LB and CB). I think we could get two very good young Italian defenders for 25 million... Criscito would be the perfect signing for around 10-15 million... He can instantly start at LB, and provide high quality depth at CB when needed... Would also like to add an additional CB, though. Maybe one of the young Bari defenders.

If we are going to spend a lot of money on an attacking player this summer, then I think it should be on Krasic. He can play on the right side or behind two strikers, so I think he's a better option than Dzeko. I love Dzeko, but we already have Boriello, Huntelaar, and Paloschi if we need to replace Inzaghi... I think it would be best for Milan to spend that money on other areas...

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm so happy to see that many underrated players, which were pretty unknown, let's say last season, are now evolving into a very classy players. Their price is increasing sky high. This also helps smaller clubs to get more money. More money-> Italian football finally back at its best in a few years.

Sorry for my English :D

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Do you guys remember Il' concorde? Well I remember that in '03 he was actually listed under 'strikers' on milan.com. THAT'S how versatile our last great attacking (other than p3) left back was. Imho bewe need this before anyone or anything. Antonini has shown this with his average ass. Currently goal-shy hunt would be able to perform better when the ball heads towards him instead to the San Siro roof.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope our management stops all these talks about summer mercato and focus on what is possible the rest of the season. We are not even half way there. We are still in contention for CL, Seria A and the cup. Beckham and Adiyiah were welcome signings and I hope Adiyiah does well wen he arrives and that means atleast for this year, our mid and attack looks like they have some depth and quality.

We should atleast get a 3rd world class CB to go with Nesta and Silva. Even a loan would be good as if one of em go down our season will be as good as over. A full back will be nice too. The better we do this year, the more cash we will have to spend in the summer mercato. Then Dzeko and co would be welcome additions.

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Bravo!

I love everything about Dzeko, but I'm starting to think that purchasing him wouldn't be the best move for Milan. Unfortunately, we are dealing with a team in Wolfsburg that has virtually no interest in selling Dzeko to us. If Dzeko agreed to a 40 million buyout clause instead of something like 20 or 25, then he screwed himself out of the opportunity to play for the team he loves. It's hard to describe how stupid a decision that was if it is indeed true, which I still hope it is not... Either way, it's hard to justify even paying 20 or 25 million for Dzeko when we have a very limited budget and so many needs. I'd rather see that type of money spent on two young defenders (LB and CB). I think we could get two very good young Italian defenders for 25 million... Criscito would be the perfect signing for around 10-15 million... He can instantly start at LB, and provide high quality depth at CB when needed... Would also like to add an additional CB, though. Maybe one of the young Bari defenders.

If we are going to spend a lot of money on an attacking player this summer, then I think it should be on Krasic. He can play on the right side or behind two strikers, so I think he's a better option than Dzeko. I love Dzeko, but we already have Boriello, Huntelaar, and Paloschi if we need to replace Inzaghi... I think it would be best for Milan to spend that money on other areas...

Absolutely agree with you on this. Dzeko is a good player but 40 millions I mean that is too much. I hope that we can get some player that isn't overrated and has a great desire to prove himself. Krasic is 15mil what is reasnoble price and has proven himself just like Dzeko did. We have enough CF and trashing 40mil for only one player isn't a good solution for a club that have financial issues like our club. It is better to invest that in someone cheaper or into our deffence in which we have much more problems.

bliz

Reaction score

wow, excellent post. :star:
exactly my thoughts.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Do you guys remember Il' concorde? Well I remember that in '03 he was actually listed under 'strikers' on milan.com. THAT'S how versatile our last great attacking (other than p3) left back was. Imho bewe need this before anyone or anything. Antonini has shown this with his average ass. Currently goal-shy hunt would be able to perform better when the ball heads towards him instead to the San Siro roof.

:star: :proud: :star: :proud:

the man was so GOOOOD. the ultimate game changer.

i agree this is what we need.
who's out there thats similar? vargas? michel bastos?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
:star: :proud: :star: :proud:

the man was so GOOOOD. the ultimate game changer.

i agree this is what we need.
who's out there thats similar? vargas? michel bastos?

drenthe has grown on me too.. lotta talent, went to madrid waayyy too early.

but my choice would be of course CRISCITO along with DE SILVESTRI, ROSSI, SANTACROCE, ASTORI but NOT Balotelli. NOW GALLIANI YOU BALD FUCK. F U SILVIO

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
I'd rather see that type of money spent on two young defenders (LB and CB). I think we could get two very good young Italian defenders for 25 million... Criscito would be the perfect signing for around 10-15 million... He can instantly start at LB, and provide high quality depth at CB when needed... Would also like to add an additional CB, though. Maybe one of the young Bari defenders.

GASP!!! You must be some xenophobe wanting Italian defenders!!!!! Since when are Italians any good at defending!?!?!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

but my choice would be of course CRISCITO along with DE SILVESTRI, ROSSI, SANTACROCE, ASTORI but NOT Balotelli. NOW GALLIANI YOU BALD FUCK. F U SILVIO

ah yes..i like drenthe too. is he playing for madrid alot?

also...isn't marcelo playing as LW for them?? if they buy a galactico (ribery) in the summer we should get one of marcelo/drenthe.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
I still think we should go after Bochetti, he can play as a centre back and a right back, As well as Criscito who is centre back and Left Back.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yes there r so many good young italian defenders right now, which is why zambrotta, grosso, cannavaro r still first choice for NT....

criscito is a nice player but is he really worth 15 mil when we paid 10 for t-silly???? Let have perspective. Overpay for a guy like dzeko, ur atleast getting a wc player. Overpaying for a nice LB who is unspectacular just makes no sense.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yes there r so many good young italian defenders right now, which is why zambrotta, grosso, cannavaro r still first choice for NT....

criscito is a nice player but is he really worth 15 mil when we paid 10 for t-silly???? Let have perspective. Overpay for a guy like dzeko, ur atleast getting a wc player. Overpaying for a nice LB who is unspectacular just makes no sense.

+1. Italians have produced WC defenders over the last few decades . No one who is not ******** will ever dispute that. But to be honest, Zambrotta Grosso Cannavaro etc are still first choice and the NT is dying for Nesta to come back cos of one reason. The current crop of defenders are not good enough. Honest truth.

Maldini and Billy and Nesta and Canna etc were in the discussion among the world's best defender by the time they were 23-24. Nesta was Lazio captain and the most sought after defender in the world after Lazio's financial crisis 10 years back.

All the name we mention now are just promising youngsters and none of em are world class by any means. Last year everyone wanted Santacroce and Bochetti. Now both of em are unknowns. This year Criscito and the Bari boys are the ones the fans want. But Crisctico looked worse than Antonini the game against us. Let these guys have atleast 2 good seasons before we sign em esp wen we are talking about figures like 15-20 million for a defender. We got Bonera 4 years back and that time he was supposed to be Italy's next great CB and right now he's a nice backup. These guys could turn out to be like him too if we don't track em well enough. We got T Silva for 10 million and he is miles ahead of any of the names mentioned above. Galliani and co and not fools wen they wait and spend the money wisely. I'm all for spending cash and getting new players. But unless they have world class pottential, they should not be in AC Milan if we have any plans to win something.

Last edited:

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
B&G make Milan different from Inter. And I like that. Inter has been spending big moneys every year and they've never had a really good game. Milan spends more than half Inters transfer amount and they are still able to conquer Europe and italy.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score

You know that's only because Lippi is stubborn as hell. That's like saying Cassano isn't that great because Iaquinta got the call up and he didn't.

I'm not saying we should go for a bunch of inflated players, but surely you think Santon, Criscito, Bocchetti, Ranocchia, or Bonucci would be worth a bit of our money.

Patistico

Godfather
Reaction score
Absolutely right. None of the names from last year are doing particularly well this year.I noticed this even last year. I don't know whether Galliani avoided chasing these players out of prescience or frugality.

In most recent years, I can think of two blunders by Milan.

1) Gourcuff's buy-out clause, although we have no guarantee he would have performed at Milan
2) Cissokho, who turned out to be a great LB for Lyon

However, think of all the stupid signings our competition has made for ridiculous money.

1) Inter: Mancini, Quaresma, etc
2) Juve: Melo, Diego (he's definitely good, just hasn't performed 25M worth in Serie A)

And, although we were all emotionally against it, selling Kaka was a smart business decision. Kaka relies on pace, and his age and injuries are taking that away from him. [of course, the decision to pocket this money was a terrible one!]

I don't know if there is a better business man in the sport than Galliani... I'd put him with SAF and Wenger... though Man Utd have some 600M pounds of debt.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
You know that's only because Lippi is stubborn as hell. That's like saying Cassano isn't that great because Iaquinta got the call up and he didn't.

I'm not saying we should go for a bunch of inflated players, but surely you think Santon, Criscito, Bocchetti, Ranocchia, or Bonucci would be worth a bit of our money.

only santon is good enough to REALLY warrant a big fee....

Criscito is a good player, but 15 mil is A LOT for him.... bocchetti, cmon again he's good but he's no upgrade to bonera.... ranocchia is kinda climusy IMO, watch closer, not very athletic. Bonucci again interesting player but not THERE yet.

my point is i don't see any as an upgrade to bonera for ex. If we bring them it's awesome, but i'm for fiscal responsibility first and for most. The same way it pisses me off renewing pensioners who r past it at old ages, paying undeserved fee's bugs me....

Only Santon of the players you listed strikes me as a 'wow' signing. Otherwise.... abate, antonini, bonera... more or less the same as guys you listed good players, but not world class

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
I see what you're saying. It's a shame that Santon is at the worst team on Earth for us to buy from, because like you said he's easily the best of that group. I trust G to weed out the real talent and then make a move.

On the subject of possibly inflated players, how much do you think Candreva would run us?

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Santon and Bonucci are completely out of radar now with non existant performances. Last year's hits Santacroce and Motta too are not doing that great now.

Bochetti, Rannochia and Criscito have been good this year, but half a season performances do not warrantly thier asking prize of 15 million. I'd like one of the last 3 names or 2 to join us. Esp Rannochia cos of the size and versatility he brings. But you can't fault Galliani not spending cash on these players wen we got a far better player in T Silva for much less.

We have tons of Italian talents in our primevera and we will eventually promote/get back from loan a few of em like Astori,Albeterazzi, Palochi etc soon / Our first team already got a few of our old youth team members like Antonini , Abate, Borriello etc playing well. So Milan will never have low number of Italians like Inter. So when spending money, why overpay just cos someone is Italian. We can produce our own Italian talents from within our primevera. In the end running a club's about quality and profits and there are tons of better quality similar aged players available outside for cheaper prize.

And Lippi is getting solid results with his team in the end. So except the Cassano decision, hard to blame him for anything.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I see what you're saying. It's a shame that Santon is at the worst team on Earth for us to buy from, because like you said he's easily the best of that group. I trust G to weed out the real talent and then make a move.

On the subject of possibly inflated players, how much do you think Candreva would run us?

i like candreva alot. I Think juve will go big for him. but don't udinese own him? They r difficult w/ prices... remember when man utd tried to get alexis sanchez and juve d'agostino.

my guess is they'll sell d'agostino and re-call candreva... unless he has some sort of contract situation making it easier to sell him

Candreva or Andrea Poli r 2 best young italian Midfielders IMO. Poli is really young though, but u see some real talent there... i'd jump a shot at him if i was milan

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

lolzZ[-_-]Zzy that's sarcasm that makes me :proud: But I wouldn't complain if I got Ranoccia, Criscito or my wet dream Santon.

That said I haven't noticed a particularly FAST Italian defender since Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Nesta back in the day. As Congo said Bastos (OMGZ A BRAZILIAN QUICK EVERYBODY PULL OUT YOUR CLICHE'S :eek: ) or Vargas (not particularly impressed with his pace)

Told you you have to be patient with Drenthe. Now say it "I'm dru's bitch" :o

Sigh the days of Zambrotta, Stam, RC, Maldini, Cafu and Serginho are truly behind us aren't they? :cry: Only Maicon and Alves can even hod a candle to these guys.

Anybody ever thought of getting one of the Da Silva Twins?? Surely Fabio will grow impatient of waiting on Patrice Evra who still has quite a few years.
I dunnno about Marcello...he gets raped pretty often.

I think our next WB should be FAST + STAMINA (Cafu was still pretty quick when he left just couldn't do the miles) + DEFENSIVELY SOUND (automatically disqualifying the word "Abate" ) + OFFENSIVELY DANGEROUS

It makes NO sense getting a player because he's:
Italian - but an average talent, slow, unknown or my favourite "can improve if..." (Bonera) Not all Italians are Maldinis.
Fast - but not technical OR shit defensively (Marcello, Abate)
Slow - (too many to name really)
Shit defensively - self explanatory (Abate, Janku)

Perhaps the Only fault we could tolerate is poor shooting ability. Cafu was Brilliant but his shooting was really off. Conversely some Brazilian fullbacks can shoot better than many strikers but get raped/out of position all the time.

The problem is that Berlu will have to spend a lot of money on a decidedly less glamorous type of player...especially if it's a scouted talent. Will he want to do this. He's shown an alarming reluctance to do this in the past with the whole Cissokho fiasco and buying a banged up Ronaldinho etc. It's ONE thing to parade a beautiful face (Borri, Gila) or a highly rated striker (Ron, Adiyah) but to get a proper left back imho would also be a true indicator of his dedication to the footballing side of AC Milan

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
M84-

I think you're right about udinese owning him. Juve going for him sounds inevitable too. Idk much about Poli though. What stands out about him?

I kinda like drenthe too but just like those Italian CBs I don't think he's really there yet. Playing with RM for a while longer should help that though. I'd certainly take him.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's with all this Drenthe love suddenly. Drenthe looked hopeless in defense in Madrid and is immature in offense too. Marcelo looks much batter offensively. Both are shit defensively. I'm talking about him being a LB. He's a versatile player who can play LB, LMF or LW. But i dn't think he fits well in any of the spots in Milan.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
We should buy players who bring Milan back to the highest level. I'm tired of names like Drenthe.

Patistico

Godfather
Reaction score
If you want Milan at the highest level:

In our starting XI we have some real good creativity. Inter lack this significantly compared to us (though if you notice, Inter are actually quite good recently at one touch passing).

But what they lack, they make up in motivation. They counter attack with 10 players and defend with 10 players. As soon as they lose the ball, they have 2 people running after the guy with the ball. They intimidate, they shut down, they're brutal.

Why do they have so much motivation? Because Mourinho runs the team like an army (albeit one that celebrates in unity after victory - example: Siena game).

They have 1-2 very good backups at each position. No player will slack for fear of being replaced. Even Sneijder runs his ass off in the games. Kaka/Dinho/Pato/Seedorf/Pirlo almost never did this. It is difficult to remain motivated every second of the game. The only thing that can keep you motivated is another star or two on the bench.

It is expensive, but if we had that level of depth and motivation, combined with our level of creativity, we would crush every team 3/4/5-0, every game.

Unfortunately, we don't have the depth, and I don't think Leo has the balls to bench key figures, namely Seedorf, Pirlo, Dinho. I'm not suggesting that they currently deserve to be benched; but if they were to begin slacking, Leo would still not bench them.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
For those of you who don't want to read that block-o-text, he said....

We don't have depth so some of our sure starters aren't motivated from fear of being replaced, so we lose. Inter do have that depth, so they win.

You are welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule