The Running Thread on Pre-1970 Milan Legends

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Hey Dudes, Iam starting this thread with a view of providing and eliciting information (visual) i.e., photographs and videos, of the Legends of Milan during the Pre-1970 era. I've chosen 1970 as the time frame because it was during the years which preceeded it (early and mid 20th century) that Milan rose from its infancy and went on to become a giant of European football, a status we enjoy till today. So let us not forget about these heroes who shaped Milan in its infancy and the legends who guided it through its tumult and glory.

In this thread, Iam going to post the photographs and videos (if available) of the great heroes of Milan, pre-1970. I request and encourage Big Soccer mates to come up with their own collection of rare photos and videos of the legends of Milan. In this way, I think all of us (which includes me as well) who are not so well-versed with the history and the heroes of the club we lay our hearts for, can really get to know the past masters who've made Milan what it is today.

The first installment will be on Aldo Boffi and Gunnar Nordahl, two great legends who influenced the course of Milan with their play.

1) Aldo Boffi:

Aldo Boffi was, in many ways, Milan's first superstar. The striking legend influenced much of the way Milan played in the 1930s.Throughout the tumultous 30s, Boffi was a lone ray of hope glittering through his sheer brilliance.

The First Superstar:

Try as I might, I couldn't find anymore pics of Milan's earliest hero. Its a crying shame. I reqest and encourage forum friends to make their worthy contributions towards the topic, if they have any.

Next we see Gunnar Nordahl, the most prolific scorer in Milan's history.

2)Gunnar Nordahl:

To score 221 goals in less 300 games is simply phenomenal, if not anything else beyond it. Yet Nordahl made no fuss about it; he went about his work in clockwork precision, and scoring goals was a way of life for Nordahl. The striking genius is one of the most unsung legends of the game. While many consider him to be among the greatest strikers of all time, some regard him as the greatest. Just look at his strike rate.

Here we Go!

Nordahl in his pomp

More to come!

Last edited:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dudes, please wait, editing is going on.. please bear with me....thank you..

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Right, Here We Go!

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NeSTa_86 said:
hm dudes...........there are very big infos for all players in www.planetmilan.com/legends.htm So if someone needs from infos for some player he can just visit that site and will find everything

Very smart, eh? I invite viewers to have a look at the above-mentioned site and check for urself the 'validity' of Nesta_86's claims. :spank :spank:

U can't so easily undo such a work.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pre 1970 Milan Legends Part II

Hey dudes an' dudettes(!), sorry I was away for a few days on business affairs. Here's the second part of Pre 1970 Milan Legends.

Hope you enjoy it!

In this part, we are going to see some more installments on Gunnar Nordahl, that tremendous striker. So, Here we go!

The Hero probably cooling off after practice

The maestro at practice

More to come!

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
More here:

Scoring Goals was a way of life for the great man

When on song, Nordahl was one of the most pleasing sights to behold

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The aged Legend in his later years:

Well guys, that was installment number II, hope u enjoyed it! More to come!!!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Thanx for your information but I don't think there's a need for more than a thread on this topic ... I'm merging both :)

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
hey thanks dude. Do you have any video clips?

Hey dude, try as i might all night, i couldn't find a single video on Nordahl, leave alone Aldo Boffi. I think it'll now be available only with the respected football associations (Swedish and Milan), and private collectors. Sorry I couldn't help u there. Viewers are encouraged to come up with rare photos and videos of the legends of the past.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thanks Kyara for the plaudit, the change's alright.

Schedule