Transfer Speculations: Totti & Beckham

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Because there are sooo many different topics about these two fellas, i created this topic so EVERYTHING about either Beckham or Totti goes in HERE...

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
nanesta said:
I think if we can get totti from roma that is better. This because totti has great skill individual, intelligent and great free-kick, and he also can play as striker.

Beckham just have great free-kick and not have skill and just can as winger. Milan should get totti and sold rivaldo to another club.

If Totti join milan he will play as playmaker. Rui costa is great player he can play for another position like winger.So Rui costa play as winger.
So Rui Costa and Totti play will more attack and seedorf,gattuso/pirlo will more deffendsive

And the formation will be like this

--------------------DIDA--------------------
CAFU-----NESTA-----MALDINI--KALADZE
--------------PIRLO/GATT------------------
RUI COSTA----------------------SEEDORF
-------------------TOTTI---------------------
SHEVCHENKO-----------INZAGHI----------

This is best team in the world

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mellanie said:
Well actually Totti and Beckham are two completely different players, playing REALLY GOOD but in different positions and it's not possible to make a comparison.
The only thing that thay have in common is free kicks....
and they're both damned good at that!

Anyway, IMO, as for Milan situation Totti is not yet necessary...
we already have a good playmaker (Rui Costa)!
While a GOOD wing, as David is, could be more interesting.

Just to let you know.... I awfully hate both! :mad:

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i don't think we need any of them..... but if i had to choose one, i'd choose Totti, cause he is Italian and is used to Italian football

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
Manchester United have released the following statement regarding the recent David Beckham transfer speculation:

"Manchester United can confirm today that clubs from Italy and Spain have expressed a firm interest in signing David Beckham.

"David's advisers, SFX, have also been approached by clubs independently and we are in regular and close contact with them regarding the status of those discussions, which are ongoing.

"David has been kept informed while on holiday."

Communications Department, 7 June 2003.

[source: manchester united official website]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

can't wait for galliani's reaction...

this is getting ridiculous, honestly. why not simply come forward + admit milan's interest? everyone knows already anyway... :rolleyes:

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
K-J said:
I wonder why those clubs always wait so long before they bid

If i was Galliani i would bid the day the transfer window opened. But maybe they already did :D

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
|M|ega|M|ilan|M|aniac said:
I don't want to participate in all the speculation, so suffice it to say that I would not object to the signing of either Beckham or Totti. Undeniably, both have very beneficial qualities.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Totti Says Media Distorted His Words

Never a good relationship with the press (Allsport)
06/09/2003. AS Roma skipper Francesco Totti is furious with the Italian media for allegedly distorting some of his comments and turning them into the new summer transfer saga.

"You made me do a real mess," he said with an ironic smile in Coverciano this morning.

The Italian media jumped on a phrase Totti had said during a press conference that could have alluded the Roma star wanted to join AC Milan.

This in turn caused Sensi to react angrily, and ask Totti for a face to face meeting that will be held on Thursday.

Sev

Reaction score
For some reason I feel that Totti can barely disguise his interest in joining Milan. He was so frustrated with Roma's season and he knows well enough that his demands to add 3 or 4 top players to increase competitiveness will remain unfullfilled due to Roma's limited resources. His exit will a) bring money in Roma's bank and b) give him the opportunity to play CL with Milan. At 27, in excellent form and ambitious enough to try to win some prestigious Football Award, he is running out of choices and can't afford a sentimental heart.

I really do suspect Galliani/Berlusconi to pull off a 'Nesta'!!! ;)

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yeah i agree I prefer Totti cause he is geographically a better bet
BUT
There is of course, the unwanted factor of Totti being used to his important role as the captain etc would he really handle it that well?? I'm saying does Totti come with the price of an ego? I'm as much a fan of him as the next person but i hope if we do sign that there's no trouble.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan President, Berlusconi said that he's not interested in beckham... he said that he won't pay 30m for Mr. Beckham...

He more like to spend that 30m for others players which could get two or more quality player.. than just get one beckham...

And according that, i could say that... beckham won't go to milan, beside the sponsor thing also because our president announce that above...

For me, i prefer Totti.... he's a great player... beckham also a great player... but one BIG question is :

"Could he plays in Italia like he plays in England??

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i would swim from 'straylya to Francesco's house to get him to sign for Milan...

But next season i stick with Cafu in predicting Rivaldo has an impressive year and probably may displace Rui Costa as starting playmaker, he could play deep-seated or left striker too..

I just read something too about Trap brown-nosing Totti saying he "knows how his mind works" and blah blah commenting that Francesco is only "playing" with the Media and he will never leave Roma... i dont think he will either unless Roma get relegated (cross your fingers) :D

Reaction score
hi guys

i just joined ac milan online, but i've been watching this for quite sometime and i love milan like nothing else ...

and in the site I hve seen that some speculation over Beckam transfer to milan .....i really really dont want this to happen cos Beckam is not the player needed to milan ..........

look forward to meeting u guys in here..

god bless u all .....god bless milan (the great red n blacks )

bye

calpol

:)

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
calpol said:
hi guys

i just joined ac milan online, but i've been watching this for quite sometime and i love milan like nothing else ...

and in the site I hve seen that some speculation over Beckam transfer to milan .....i really really dont want this to happen cos Beckam is not the player needed to milan ..........

look forward to meeting u guys in here..

god bless u all .....god bless milan (the great red n blacks )

bye

calpol

:)

Maybe you should put this post in introduction area... but berlusconi said that he won't buy Mr. Beckham...

Btw.. maldives is a great country.... i have my plan that i'll go there on my honeymoon... :D about next 6 years :D :D

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
hehe yeah, and the Maldives have a great football team also ;) ...JK man, don't take it too serious :) ...

Back to the topic.... soccerage.com writes that Totti has put an end to all Milan rumours....

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
ferruginouz said:
Btw.. maldives is a great country.... i have my plan that i'll go there on my honeymoon... :D about next 6 years :D :D

So did I in 1999 and was GREAT!!!! ;)
Good Idea then!

Welcome with us calpol! :beer:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
AC Milan Play Down Beckham, Totti and Stam (WTF?) Speculation

By Simon Evans

MILAN (Reuters) - European champions AC Milan have said they are not in talks to sign England captain David Beckham, Italy striker Francesco Totti or Lazio's Dutch defender Jaap Stam.

In a statement released on the club's official Web Site on Thursday Milan said: "Whoever raises talks that do not exist, such as those that would relate to Totti, Beckham and Stam, do nothing but create false problems.

"Regarding those names. there are no talks because none of Milan's champions of Europe deserve to be ousted by other players."

Milan won the Champions League final last month against fellow Italian side Juventus 3-2 on penalties after a goalless draw.

The statement was explicit in pointing out the areas of the team that the trio could occupy are all currently filled.

"Milan has in their squad great attacking midfielders, great wide players and great defenders," said the statement.

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani, who runs Milan on behalf of club president and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, was careful not to totally rule out future bids.

"If to bring in a star requires the sacrifice of an other that we already have then we prefer to confirm the faith and gratitude in those who have won the Champions League and Italian Cup with us," said Galliani.

Manchester United and England midfielder Beckham has long been linked with Milan but at the moment looks more likely to move to Spain.

Joan Laporta, a candidate in Barcelona's presidential election, has an agreement with United to sign Beckham if he wins Sunday's vote and can agree personal terms with the England captain.

Real Madrid are also reported to be ready to bid for Beckham but Milan's interest appears, on the surface at least, to be fading.

Berlusconi said this week that "there are many better ways of spending money that has been earned with many sacrifices other than hiring Mr Beckham."

Former United defender Stam has been linked with all the top clubs in Italy due to the ongoing financial problems at his Rome club Lazio.

Roma playmaker Totti, who scored in Italy's 2-0 win over Finland Wednesday, hinted at the weekend that he could join Milan if Roma did not strengthen their squad with some major signings.

Totti has since backed down from the comments and appears ready to commit to the club he has played for since he was a schoolboy.

Source: Yahoo.com

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan have told David Beckham that he would walk into the No 7 shirt if he joins the Rossoneri. A report in The Sun says that the Italians have offered Andriy Shevchenko £1m to give it up. However, Shev’s agent claims that won’t happen. "He would have a real problem with losing it," insisted Fabio Parisi. "His contract says he must have the No 7 shirt

Reaction score
we don't need totti or beckham....our squad is full of champions....european champion....let's just built this team from WITHIN.

if beckham ever comes to MIlan he can forget no 7 cause it belong to Sheva :mad: ...he can wear no 77 or 6+1 :D

Reaction score
Why should AC Milan spend a huge amount of monney on buying world class shit players. They are great players but it would crush my heart
to see them in the red black shirt.