Transfer trends

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
i wanted to put this thread together to discuss in some orderly manner what our transfer policy is/has been....... to come to some conclusion on it.. since we mention that 'milan always does this' or 'that'....... i want to figure it out.

maybe it would be too depressing...

i guess the best way to do this would be by listing in the last 5 years, who have we gotten, who have we let go, and how old they were at the time of their transfer, and maybe whether they were successful before milan or after milan

this might end up telling us a lot about what we can expect

maybe this thread might not end up working, but if anyone wants to contribute, im going to try to do some of this work.....

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
In case you still haven't figured things out, I will give you a pointer. The transfer policy for the past few years has been like this. We resign every single guy on the team, good and bad. That way, we won't have to sign any replacements for them. We will go into the free agent market for a couple free agents without any regard of how long they can keep playing or how well they can fit in. We make a couple more minor signings and usually one bigger money signing for a star player. Not a superstar but usually a young player who has potential or an old guy who has past his prime. This move is usually used to shut people up for them not wanting to spend money. We have been spending at around $30 million or below every summer (quite pathetic comparing to other major teams). That is my generalization, take it however you feel like it.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yea, we sign freebies, make patch-work signings in cases of emergency + have the 1 per season 'big' name signing accompanied by an even bigger media campaign designed to brainwash the fans into believing Milan are still an economic powerhouse + B our generous sugardaddy. We, our PR dept that is, also love the name dropping game. Crap that.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
The new transfer policy seems to be anyone brazilian. There's rumours of ronaldinho, robinho, ze roberto, ilsinho, juan and i bet plenty more. In all honesty, the only new brazilian i want to see in a milan uniform is adriana lima. Oh man, that's a great mental picture.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
We have been a bit stingy in recent times looking for players who come off contract at the end of year and purchasing them. Our aim is to resign all our star players and continue to have the same squad at our disposal inorder for them to develop a very good understanding of how everyone opperates. However, it seems next season is going to be different. We can't blame our policy this season as the Calciopoli scandal had a huge effect on the players we could and couldn't aquire. Already there have been signs that we aim to spend big next season. Already purchasing Oddo and Ronaldo in the summer.

iLuVuRoNaLdO

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R99, dinho, Cafu, dida, kaka, all brazilians, CR7, Ferdinand, Giggsy, Rooney, Zairi, Manutd
milan is becoming "brazil", my dream club team
welcome, dinho,cicinho,robinho,ze roberto,juan,gomez.
!!!!wat a team!!!! milan will rule Serie "A"
-------------------dida(gomez)-------------------
cafu----------juan(lucio)--------alex--------cicinho(carlos)
-----ze roberto(-------------serginho(gilberto)----------
--------------dinho(??)----------kaka(???)------
---------ronaldo(??)-------------robinho(oli)---

loolz, wat a teaam!!!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Have you heard of Non-EU player restrictions?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
iLuVuRoNaLdO said:

loolz, wat a teaam!!!
Oh God No...:head:

favor-milan

Primavera
Reaction score
iLuVuRoNaLdO said:

loolz, wat a teaam!!!

for my godness's sake :conf: :eek: for Brazilians,i hope to see Pato and Cicinho in Milan next summer :D but dreams are always dreams :o

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Our aim is to resign all our star players and continue to have the same squad at our disposal inorder for them to develop a very good understanding of how everyone opperates. However, it seems next season is going to be different. We can't blame our policy this season as the Calciopoli scandal had a huge effect on the players we could and couldn't aquire. Already there have been signs that we aim to spend big next season. Already purchasing Oddo and Ronaldo in the summer.

We are not aiming to resign all of our star players, we are resigning every single player we have, good or bad. These people have been working together for over 5 years and have past their prime a while ago. The last thing we need is to keep all of them here and watch them rot any longer. The scandal did make some impact on the team's transfer policy, but we are not basing this whole thing on one summer. The team has been slacking on the transfer market for the past 3, 4 years. We could acquire a lot of nice players, but the club cheap out every single time. About this summer, there had been a lot of rumors and media campaigns, but I still have my doubts. The Ronaldinho thing is more like a pipe dream and he is not really our biggest need. As for the rest of the holes our management created on our roster over the years, I still have yet to see the management trying to make any moves to patch them up. The signings of Ronaldo and Oddo doesn't really show anything. Ronaldo's price was at a career low; Oddo is someone that had to be signed because Cafu is too old to walk on his own feet. Until they make some significant changes, the management will not be able to erase their image as being the cheapest major club in Europe.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
slifersd said:
We are not aiming to resign all of our star players, we are resigning every single player we have, good or bad.
What's your point?... All of our players are stars ;)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Our media try 2 make mediocre players like Pirlo , Seedorf gods when they r a disgrace 2 modern football so the fans never consider replacing em with better players which will mean pay money.
But what bother me is that we did spend some big money recently on 2 players that were a disappointment so far -- > Gila + Oli.
Oddo didn’t have the impact I expected neither.
Ronaldo still need 2 do more 2 b considered a good deal.
The only signing that am proud of is Gourcuff but we have stupid 4 a coach & he isn’t gettin his chance.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
You know I cant belive some people blame the management about signing Gila.They complain how they want young players bla bla but in fact I think lot of the people dont even know what they want them selves.Before we signed him he was the leading Seria A scorer,he was linked with Chelsea,Real Madrid in the summer and had incredible stats behind his name.
Sachi was Parma's sporting director at that time and he said his numbers at Parma were far better then Adriano's.
So all the clues pointed out that he would be a good signing.
When you are the leading goal scorer,playing for the Azzuri,you are 23, who wouldnt sign you?
So Milan signed him but its true he hasnt delivered like we all expected.
But you cant blame the management for getting him....

Last edited:

Lilly

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo, Nesta, Rino, Pippo, Fabregas, Van Persie, Buffon, Ambrosini
Wtf?

I honestly just cannot believe the things people say about our players. Since when is PIRLO a "mediocre" player? And it's not just OUR media hyping him up either. Practically the whole footballing world was creaming over him last summer. If you look at the "dream signing" section of ANY football forum, Pirlo would be pretty high up on the list. We're lucky enough to have a player like that, and people are denouncing him simply for being off form?

And I don't think our management is as hopeless as people make them out to be. Sure, they can be frustrating with their stupid grandpa transfer policy (Favalli..... :head: ) and lack of trust in youth, but I think that recently, they have made some decent effort that people tend to forget. Pirlo, Nesta, Gila, Gourcuff, Kaka, Bonera and Oliveira all seemed like good signings, no? Gila, especially, seemed like THE striker of the moment. I think there would be lots of fans who would want a management that could bring them players like these to them. I know some of them havn't worked out SO FAR, but we can't expect our management to be Cassandras and know exactly what will happen. Every management sign promising players who don't live up to expectations for one reason or another. Gila and Oli are just as good of a gamble as any other striker out there. You want Suazo, Pazzini and Cassano? Who knows how well THEY'd adapt to our system.

Having said that, our management has gone a bit bonkers recently if what I hear about the Brazillian obsession is true. :o They were starting a good trend with the signing of Kaka, Gila, Gourcuff and Bonera. I'd hate it if they stop what could have been a nice rejuvenation. And really, I think we should at least give the management this summer before we begin to condemn them. Bitching around won't bring us anything positive.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Edi said:
You know I cant belive some people blame the management about signing Gila.
Didn’t blame the management 4 that.
I was saying that Gila + Oli didn’t deliver even when we paid big money 4 em.

Lilly said:
Since when is PIRLO a "mediocre" player?
Since 2004 -- > 3 mediocre seasons = mediocre player.
And don’t talk 2 me about WC coz am only referring 2 his games with Milan.
Also don’t tell me what other fans say about him coz I can tell u that many other fans laugh on us how we continue fielding Pirlo + Seedorf. :o

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atleast one of them.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh , I feel so insulted , oh the pain…… NOT :)
I better continue 2 ignore those 2 losers.

On topic : its fair 2 say that Milan’s transfers was off most of time lately.
They said they wanna change this summer so lets wait + hope its true.

PatoKaka

eLdiablo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Seedorf, Pato, Sneijder,Danny Alves, J.Moutinho, Berbatov, Aguero, Nesta
iLuVuRoNaLdO said:

loolz, wat a teaam!!!

he'll no.

iLuVuRoNaLdO

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R99, dinho, Cafu, dida, kaka, all brazilians, CR7, Ferdinand, Giggsy, Rooney, Zairi, Manutd
but for sure the front four will be guud and maybe alex or juan

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
iLuVuRoNaLdO said:

loolz, wat a teaam!!!

OMG wtf? i hope that "loolz" means "i'm joking" :eek:

thats like the brazilian national team, wtf....like everyone else said:"HELL NO" lol...but nice try, atleast we know that you "like" brazilian players :D

Mr.Diavolo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
WEAH, Pippo, Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka, Dida, Gourcuff
Ew... I really don't want us to be this Brazilian wannabe team, we're AC Milan a team with a proud history and tradition!

I think we should start investing in good young Italian players that we can develop. I'm not saying we should not sign already developed players too - but some good youngsters would be... good.

iLuVuRoNaLdO

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah, i was just jokin' too.
that can't happen, it will be fun to me.
but clubs are for players from different countries.

hey, milan youth team players are coming to my school to play against the state's team.
can't wait.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
iLuVuRoNaLdO said:

loolz, wat a teaam!!!
The complete absurdity/ineptness of this post still pisses me off...:mad:

iLuVuRoNaLdO

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
loolz. it won't be true tho, it's just a talka-tish
just ignore it if u can't stand it.

Schedule