Udinese - Milan 18/03/2023 20:45 CET

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When this coach is missing 1-2 regular players he turns into complete shit.

Took him forever to switch to 3 CB's because Mike was unavailable. Now Mike is back how long it is going to take until he switches to 3 in the middle. Why is this bald fraud so slow to see problems and make adjustments?

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
The only thing giving me hope is that Udinese games are always horrible for us.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Poor showing today simple as that. Move along and try not to reflect on it. Forza Milan :star::star:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
People who think we will play champions league next year are imagining us getting it through winning the champions league.

With a Pioli in charge we likely won’t be playing champions league though bar miracles in 5 champions league games
True we are not chelsea, they can miss a year or two ucl and can still spend a billion on transfer market. A year off of ucl spell disaster for our project

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really? Didnt know that. That walace guy looks like bodybuilder. Its like amlost every player s big and strong. Absolute units.
No I am just being facetious.

He shrugged off almost half of our team...

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I appreciate what he did as I genuinely believe his presence did help us with our run.

With that said he needs to STFU. The shit gets old.

You can tell half way through the first half he realized what Giroud's been doing for us :lol:
Oh I agree his return and the effect he had last season was immense but when he got hurt and chose not to retire was pure selfishness.

Then we left a space for him and that mentality holds us back because his presence is too large with his impact now nonexistent.

The same way we walked away from others we should've done with him .... at least as a player.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Origi has more or less lived up to my expectations, there was a small part of me hoping I would be wrong or judging him too soon but ....no.
Yeah, I think we all knew it wasn't going to work but just hoped he would explode

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Defense was amateurish tonight. Serie C level.

But to be so toothless in attack. To have zero idea/plan what to do against this bang average team...

We scored from a retaken penalty.

Fuck me.

finnishhacker

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People who think we will play champions league next year are imagining us getting it through winning the champions league.

With a Pioli in charge we likely won’t be playing champions league though bar miracles in 5 champions league games
How can we play champions league when Napoli is gonna humiliate us 3 games in a row within next month?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I feel like I really wasn't asking for much, similar to Giroud's production.

And I am still massively let down.
Well you know I was massively upset because I wanted a killer to carry the load with Giroud doing his thing in big moments.

I knew Origi was a cheap lottery ticket but hoped the analytics boys had got it right

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Do you believe pioli will change formation now? During our worst injury crisis he still played 4-2-3-1 and it took a disaster january (our worst ever run) for him to change to 3 atb. Ain't no way he gonna change formation again, why we should put interim coach in charge
I know he will not, because when he did change the formation he chose the wrong one. I am just stating the obvious so I can say later "I told you so!" :LOL:

The way I see it, Tomori and Kalulu rely on the pace to cover the space. They are not so good in tighter spaces. Maignan also, he is good when his defenders push higher up. When you play 3 atb you are not putting your best defenders in the ideal situation and it does not address the real issue which is the loss of the midfield battle.

Second point is that neither Bennacer nor Tonali are real DMs, meaning they do not clean up the mess in the space between the defence and midfield. Strangely, Krunic does this better, whereas Tonali and Bennacer are better at carrying the ball forward and pressing higher up the pitch. Tonali especially is good as a box to box and has a knack for scoring goals. The obvious solution is to play all 3.

Then up front you can have 1 AM and 2 CF or wingers and a CF or 2 AMs and 1 CF. It depends on the selection, but the ideal situation is to bring out the best in Leao. His best is playing as LW, since he dribbles and with someone like Giroud laying off. Ideally Leao can improve his shooting and move inside, this would accommodate the other forward like Diaz who sometimes has offensive contribution. I think in an ideal scenario. De Ketelare would grow some balls and play as the RW. As things are, our best bet is to continue with the Leao, Giroud, Diaz trio while hoping to figure out ways for Leao to be more involved and effective.

With that said, the best formation today, the way I see it is Xmas tree formation

Maignan
Kalulu, Thiaw/Kjaer, Tomori, Theo
Bennacer, Krunic, Tonali
Diaz, Leao
Giroud

I think we can attempt a more attacking FB than Kalulu on the right (he can go in the middle for Tomori) maybe Florenzi would do if he is fit. This way you get the width from the full backs while the two wide CMs do the the covering.

I would also like to see Leao drop to pick up the ball with Diaz pushing higher up as the second striker.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
With the players we have the obvious solution is 4-3-3 (in any of its variants). We don't have a strong enough midfield for a double pivot and the characteristics of our defenders does not suit a 3 man backline.

We need to work on 4-3-3 starting from tomorrow. Pressing and winning the ball in midfield.

4-3-3 deffo the way to go it’s been obvious for quite a while especially against defensive teams. Also bennacer needs be given more freedom to go up he’s our only creative player who is good with the ball in tight spaces

Krunic DM tonali rcm bennacer lcm.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
But but but if the ref gave us a penalty then the game will change despite us playing like shit so conspiracy.