UEFA Euro 2020

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Uhm, so what do we do now? I thought my team (Sweden) was boring as f-, before it basically ravaged Ukraine. So now instead Ukraine are through on some randoms event, England is through on some random events instead of Germany, best team in Europe (France) might have morally deserved to go out (being so cocky, except Mbappe) - but they are out on some random events as well, obviously superior to Switzerland.

This is almost 100% the most boring outcome the 8th finals could ever have produced. I mean we still have Italy and Denmark (surprise team of the year), the rest is BS. Spain is a good team, but its such a boring team I've started to postpone watching their games to minute 70.

I disagree, this has been a fantastic round of knockout football. We need the lesser teams sometimes to stir up the pot from time to time.

What some of them may lack in footballing quality there is something else that they have in spades: HEART

The football has mostly been positive with so called underdog teams giving it a go

If you are not moved by what the Swiss did the other night then you are not appreciating the unexpected joys that football can bring. Just watching the fans go berserk as well as Xhaka?s interview afterwards you can feel the electricity. That?s why we love football.

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
this has been a fantastic round of knockout football.
I definitely dont dissagree with this. It has been fantastic games. Even our (Sweden) game turned out great in my opinion, and yesterdays games with France and Spain where really entertaining.

Its more about not looking forward to the quarter finals. Completely disagree about the "hearts" part. Ukraine gave us an insanely tired performance that could have been 0-0; Sweden (really bad squad this year) showed heart, and this made it a decent game to see anyway, but the millimeters where off. Mbappe showed insane amounts on heart; dont think it was surpassed by the likes of Shaqiri. Croatia showed immense amount of "heart", making a game of it time and time again. But the tired (yet superior) Spanish players ended up winning anyway. For 80% of the game England parked the bus, but with a bit of luck it went their way anyway.

So Im kind of thinking the opposite here, almost every game the wrong team won; the team that didnt put this energy into the games.

Rooting for Italy and Denmark now. I think Italy have been excellent all the way. Denmark is a real surprise; they have been fantastic. Definitely deserved to win against Belgium in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
If Lukaku scores watch him get sold a la the Korean guy back in 2002.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I definitely dont dissagree with this. It has been fantastic games. Even our (Sweden) game turned out great in my opinion, and yesterdays games with France and Spain where really entertaining.

Its more about not looking forward to the quarter finals. Completely disagree about the "hearts" part. Ukraine gave us an insanely tired performance that could have been 0-0; Sweden (really bad squad this year) showed heart, and this made it a decent game to see anyway, but the millimeters where off. Mbappe showed insane amounts on heart; dont think it was surpassed by the likes of Shaqiri. Croatia showed immense amount of "heart", making a game of it time and time again. But the tired (yet superior) Spanish players ended up winning anyway. For 80% of the game England parked the bus, but with a bit of luck it went their way anyway.

So Im kind of thinking the opposite here, almost every game the wrong team won; the team that didnt put this energy into the games.

Rooting for Italy and Denmark now. I think Italy have been excellent all the way. Denmark is a real surprise; they have been fantastic. Definitely deserved to win against Belgium in my opinion.

Forsberg played a great game and on another day may have grabbed another goal or two? the little details are everything in knock out football.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Lukaku scores watch him get sold a la the Korean guy back in 2002.

Not entirely accurate.

The next day, Perugia owner Luciano Gaucci cancelled his contract and was quoted as saying, "I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football." Gaucci stated that his decision was not due to the goal, alleging comments by Ahn about the Italian nation.[9] However, Gaucci later took back what he had said, and approved the ?1.2 million option to sign Ahn on a permanent basis. Ahn rejected the offer of a three-year contract and refused to turn up for pre-season training despite Perugia claiming ownership of his registration, saying "I will no longer discuss my transfer to Perugia, who attacked my character instead of congratulating me for a goal in the World Cup." Busan also claimed that they had not been paid by Perugia.[10] A number of European clubs were interested in Ahn, but withdrew due to their conflict, and FIFA raised Perugia's hand by delivering a judgment that Ahn has to pay Perugia $3.5 million to compensate for their damage in the transfer market, so he contracted with a Japanese entertainment company, the Professional Management (PM), to pay off his debts. He spent his career as a J1 League player and an entertainer for three years.[11]

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Let's go Switzerland. We're all team Alo today (unless you're Spanish).

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Alba scores Takbiiiiirrrr :thumbsup:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:lol::lol::lol:@lukaku... thats why we call him a donkey :lol::lol::lol:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just had an idea. It’s Italy vs Denmark in the euro final. It’s 0-0 and in the 90th minute Denmark get a penalty. Up steps Kjaer vs Donnarumma.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I just had an idea. It?s Italy vs Denmark in the euro final. It?s 0-0 and in the 90th minute Denmark get a penalty. Up steps Kjaer vs Donnarumma.

giphy.gif

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
This QF

Mudbloods!

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Denmark is a piece of shit football team.

The Dutch are incompetent. From football players to football referees.

Bjorn Kuipers is a piece of shit referee.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Denmark is a piece of shit football team.

The Dutch are incompetent. From football players to football referees.

Bjorn Kuipers is a piece of shit referee.

The way Denmark has utilised their resources has been a demonstration of total efficiency. They know they are not a bunch of world class individuals but they have been great as a collective. And they will be playing with confidence and no fear vs England. I expect them to surprise many people on the hard time they will give England.

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Lets go Denmark! Gogogo chad kjaer capitano

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
England scares me more than Denmark for the final

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Denmark are definitely going to beat Italy if they advance to the final

Imo England are the toughest opponents we are going to face

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Did Jorginho do TraeYoung coldblooded celebration or unrelated?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
As much as i want Denmark to beat England ill be soooo surprised to see them win that game

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Link please, hello

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Schedule