Week 10: Milan vs Torino 26/10/2021 20:45 CEST

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Tenth league game of the season.

Depending on the result of Roma-Napoli we are heading into this game as league leaders, with a record of 8-1-0 and 25 points.

Theo was just announced as negative for COVID and Brahim is likely to follow suit, but neither is likely to start this game. Hopefully available for the bench, but we usually don't rush players back(which makes it even weirder that we have so many injuries).

Kessie should be back after having the flu, hopefully as a starter so we can rest either Sandro or Ben. I hope the Curva address the contract situation somehow, he's gotten enough leeway as is.

Rebic should be available, but likely as a sub option.

Ibra had a roller coaster of a game vs Bologna with 80 minutes of Serie C quality framed by an assist and a world class finish. He is likely to play a role in this game, either from the get go or as a sub.

My lineup:

Tata
Calabria-Tomori-Kjaer-FBT
Bennacer - Tonali
Saele - Krunic - Leao
Giroud

I'd consider starting Bakayoko here and even Maldini for Krunic consider the level the latter har shown the last two games, but I guess continuity with this broken squad is pretty important.

As with the last two games I'll watch this anxiously as we've been unrecognizable since the injury crisis hit with full effect, but still claiming wins in the league. To our advantage Ibra is scoring again and is likely to determine this game somehow.

Avanti!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Good lineup but I’d like to switch Krunic with Bennacer.
My gut feeling says he would be better up there than at below. In that way Krunic would provide some muscle to the midfield and Bennacer some quicker mobility behind the strikers.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
I'd give Romagnoli a go, Kjaer was really bad yesterday and we need to rotate unless we plan on playing roma against porto

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
We are so good its almost impossible

Tatu
Calabria Kjaer Gabbia Theo
Kessie Krunic
Samu Saele Leao
OG

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I'd give Romagnoli a go, Kjaer was really bad yesterday and we need to rotate unless we plan on playing roma against porto
Good point.

Based on the last few games both Tomori and Kjaer look like they could use some rest, but it's also important to regain confidence with a clean sheet. It's more important to have them rested for Roma and Porto tho.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Tenth league game of the season.

Depending on the result of Roma-Napoli we are heading into this game as league leaders, with a record of 8-1-0 and 25 points.

Theo was just announced as negative for COVID and Brahim is likely to follow suit, but neither is likely to start this game. Hopefully available for the bench, but we usually don't rush players back(which makes it even weirder that we have so many injuries).

Kessie should be back after having the flu, hopefully as a starter so we can rest either Sandro or Ben. I hope the Curva address the contract situation somehow, he's gotten enough leeway as is.

Rebic should be available, but likely as a sub option.

Ibra had a roller coaster of a game vs Bologna with 80 minutes of Serie C quality framed by an assist and a world class finish. He is likely to play a role in this game, either from the get go or as a sub.

My lineup:

Tata
Bennacer - Tonali
Saele - Krunic - Leao
Giroud

I'd consider starting Bakayoko here and even Maldini for Krunic consider the level the latter har shown the last two games, but I guess continuity with this broken squad is pretty important.

As with the last two games I'll watch this anxiously as we've been unrecognizable since the injury crisis hit with full effect, but still claiming wins in the league. To our advantage Ibra is scoring again and is likely to determine this game somehow.

Avanti!

Excellent my friend

Forza

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juric's Torino will probably try to press us like Verona the other week.
They also tend to plummet at the end.

Would've been great to have a striker that can sprint and press for this one.

Ibra and Leao: score and assist or GTFO

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
would much rather see Gabbia- Tomori partnership than Romagnoli, at least until he renews

will Cashie be available for this?
if so, a midfield of Cashie- Tonali is needed for this one, let Bennacer rest, with Krunic subs in at the second half for Tonali

Daniel starting at AM for fantasista football, OG and Leao as well until they will be replaced by Rebic & Oldbrahimovic respectively during the 2nd half when we will comfortably dominate the game

Torino are on the upward spiral results wise, and gave both Napoli & Juve a hard time, so this match will be a difficult one

luckily we have an informant in their ranks and his name is Belotti

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really worried about this one.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Torino full-back Cristian Ansaldi has suffered a first-degree hamstring injury and will not be available against Milan at San Siro on Tuesday.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
would much rather see Gabbia- Tomori partnership than Romagnoli, at least until he renews

will Cashie be available for this?
if so, a midfield of Cashie- Tonali is needed for this one, let Bennacer rest, with Krunic subs in at the second half for Tonali

Daniel starting at AM for fantasista football, OG and Leao as well until they will be replaced by Rebic & Oldbrahimovic respectively during the 2nd half when we will comfortably dominate the game

Torino are on the upward spiral results wise, and gave both Napoli & Juve a hard time, so this match will be a difficult one

luckily we have an informant in their ranks and his name is Belotti

Light one up

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Gianluca Aureliano will officiate Milan-Torino on Tuesday

Pioli: “Theo could feature in a part of the Torino game but not from the start. Kessie is fine and could play from the start.”

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gianluca Aureliano will officiate Milan-Torino on Tuesday

Pioli: ?Theo could feature in a part of the Torino game but not from the start. Kessie is fine and could play from the start.?

Yeah as expected. I think FBT played well last time and is getting more confident, and this is great and allows us to rest Theo later on knowing we have a capable deputy.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Nothing against Hitchens, but voodoodoll should have opened the thread for sure 3 points

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Knowing that we've conceded 4 in our last two, I hope we are more focused on that part of our game but not so much that we aren't relaxed and confident.
I don't think it's a coincidence that all 4 goals were scored when Tonali wasn't on the pitch. More than any other player, I think his absence is felt the most.

Tonali-Kessie is a strong combo. Bit surprised we don't give Bennacer the chance to play with them. He'll have a lot more freedom and protection.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
My lineup:

Tata
Bennacer - Tonali
Saele - Krunic - Leao
Giroud

Avanti!

not many options for attack
for me - kessie returning after free week (flu and suspension)
tonali over benna because benna played full game and tonali half.

defense will be interesting romag over kjaer?! kalulu over calab?? and when some rest for tomori (international break :))??

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just over 24hrs to go.

I love the frequency of games.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
We are so good its almost impossible

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
not many options for attack
for me - kessie returning after free week (flu and suspension)
tonali over benna because benna played full game and tonali half.

defense will be interesting romag over kjaer?! kalulu over calab?? and when some rest for tomori (international break :))??

It's looking like rest for Kjaer and one of Tonali/Bennacer. Which makes Romagnoli and Kessie likely starters, as you point out.

I'm becoming cautiously optimistic we'll have a nice, clean win. Hopefully without any injuries.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
My lineup:

Tata
Bennacer - Tonali
Saele - Krunic - Leao
Giroud

Tata
BB-Tom-Kjaer-Cala
Kess - Tonali
Saele - Ben - Leao
Ibra

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Ballo Toure had a very good game against Bologna.Defansively he is same as Theo. I'm glad that Pioli didn't experiment with Calabria at LB.We have become shaky in defence since Mike injury. Charisma and leadership alone means tons,Mike have that and of course GK skills.January can't come soon enough ,but we are sailing beautifuly.
Torino are not a naive squad and we have to be very careful.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
but we are sailing beautifuly.

Are we though? I feel like we're crashing through waves, our sail torn to shreds and our mast broken. Pioli trying his best to keep everyone on board but the weather is too fierce. Maybe the storm will ease up and we can fix the boat and sail calmly again but right now the sky looks pretty damn dark and evil.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kinda worried about this match, reminds me of the Porto one

Squad is already exhausted and had a difficult match just 2 days ago...depleted squad with no rest

I hope they can pull it together

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Matchdaaayyy

lets-go-charge.gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kinda worried about this match, reminds me of the Porto one

Squad is already exhausted and had a difficult match just 2 days ago...depleted squad with no rest

I hope they can pull it together

Chin up mate.

Schedule