Week 12: Milan vs Inter 07/11/2021 20:45 CEST

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This game needs no introduction. Let's crush them!

My XI:

Tata
Kalulu-Kjaer-Tomori-Calabria
Kessie-Tonali
Saele-Diaz-Leao
Ibra

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Calabria will be ready?

And Rebic?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Given the fact how mentally fragile Cuckan is I hope he starts. You just know he's gonna choke hard under the pressure and then later cry himself to sleep 😆

Also just look at this comment made by single braincell fan

Considering the fact that Milan are 7 points ahead, I expect them to sit deep and

We? Sit deep?

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3 points and red card for limone 🍋, ples

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Single braincell fan :proud:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Finally derby time, I need a great game from Milan, yesterday felt like a loss.
Many of our players are exhausted, but just for this game we need them to give everything before having some rest.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
before this game there is napoli vs verona
with napoli win inter will pretty much forced to play for the win this game to stay close

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
before this game there is napoli vs verona
with napoli win inter will pretty much forced to play for the win this game to stay close
Don't forget Inter play Napoli next. If they don't win both games they're going to find it very hard to catch up.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don't forget Inter play Napoli next. If they don't win both games they're going to find it very hard to catch up.
We will win the next two league games and top the table after that.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
The silver lining in the Porto result is that we'll be hungry in this one.
Even with a few guys missing our 11 has a bit too much for the current Inter...

Theo might be the big miss tho...especially going forward.

Lets crush them.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The silver lining in the Porto result is that we'll be hungry in this one.
Even with a few guys missing our 11 has a bit too much for the current Inter...

Theo might be the big miss tho...especially going forward.

Lets crush them.
Bruh Calabria may be out as well. If that's the case - we're done at fullback!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1636099368452.png

Pasting directly into the forum is so useful.

Ok so Inter have probably their best first 11 and a full bench. They aren't missing anyone, really. We have Theo, Rebic, Maignan, Messias, FBT and Castillejo out. Makes it a fair game I think, would have been too easy otherwise.

We'll probably sub in Bennacer, Romagnoli, Bakayoko, Krunic and Giroud if we don't get any injuries. They have Correa, Sanchez who are great attacking options, Gagliardini, Vidal and Vecino who can give a different option in midfield and good replacements for every defensive position. We are very, very short on fullback options. It's pretty much Conti as the LB and RB first sub, but I think if we do end up with a need to replace a FB then I think Pioli would bring on Romagnoli and we'll shift to a 343.

My main worries are burnout for our wingers. Pioli usually does a great job of rotating the wingers, seeing as how they have to run their asses off all game. Leao and Saelemaekers rarely played a full 90, those two positions were usually the first to be subbed out around the 60th, as well as a CM. Both of those guys have been playing non stop for two weeks, every 3 days. I'm worrying about this more than having Kalulu in place of Theo.

Really curious to see how Hakan reacts to the crowd. It's going to be fun and he usually collapses mentally when there's a ton of pressure on him. He played relatively well last game I saw him play but this is different.

A 4231 against a 352 is a relatively simple game to try to understand who's tracking who. Both formations are pretty much a reflection of each other, so there's really no free man anywhere. That's great for us as Leao loves being isolated against a single defender (Skriniar) and if we manage to distract Darmian with Kalulu then that's what we need to do. Unfortunately it would have been a lot easier with Theo. If I was Inzaghi I would just double up on Leao by making Darmian very conservative in his movements and making sure Skriniar is never isolated, and to just leave Kalulu free. We offer no threat on the right, so if we can close off the path that Leao likes to take then Inzaghi can keep him quite and focus on Ibra. Theo was the worst choice to have a player suspended for this game. Would have rather Ibra, or any midfielder or even Kjaer or Tomori be suspended over Theo, especially as we don't have FBT ready. If FBT can play then it's a completely different situation, they need to worry about him a lot more than Kalulu (who's right footed and will be predictable).

Another point i'd like to make is that Inzaghi usually is his own worst enemy and ends up making some terrible substitutions or makes some weird decision in the second half that ends up fucking his team up. Hope that continues.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait, they dont have a single player missing?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Just have to hope our wingers are not exhausted playing 90 minutes every few days. Need a big showing to beat Inter, and Kalulu/Calabria one being out of position isn't ideal either.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We re missing way too much players. I d take draw. Only good thing s we have ibra who ll attract defenders and leave space for wings.
Theo s really stupid.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Really hope we manage the game well. That's going to be the key. If we take the lead, don't sit back too much. If they take the lead, remain patient. Don't be gung-ho like we were against Porto or like the derby loss last season.
I think Kessie-Tonali is a must too. Ideally, they'll both last the 90 too. Defensively, I think we are going to be so much better with that pairing.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
we are so good its almost impossible

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Hakan is still starting for them? :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really hope we manage the game well. That's going to be the key. If we take the lead, don't sit back too much. If they take the lead, remain patient. Don't be gung-ho like we were against Porto or like the derby loss last season.
I think Kessie-Tonali is a must too. Ideally, they'll both last the 90 too. Defensively, I think we are going to be so much better with that pairing.
I don't think we want Tonali and Bennacer to last 90 minutes. We want them to give their all and be subbed out at the hour mark for Kessie and Bakayoko. We need to take full advantage of the 5 sub rule, and we have a lot of depth at CM that we need to exploit.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Awesome news.
How about Rebic? Is he back?
Looks like Rebic will have to use the international break to finally fix his ankle issue. My biggest worry about him is a sudden official Milan tweet that he's getting surgery or something and is out for months.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I dont want Roma playing this game... Dzeko always weds and enjoys honeymooning with him on the pitch,

Last edited:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I thought Hakan was going to miss the game?

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
I dont want Roma playing this game... Dzeko always weds and enjoys honeymooning with him on the pitch,
Kjaer was rested against Porto, so almost certainly he will start with TomTom

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: vB9

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
It’s been an exhausting run of games for some of the players (leao, tomori, benna). Hope they have energy to fight to the max on Sunday

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
It’s been an exhausting run of games for some of the players (leao, tomori, benna). Hope they have energy to fight to the max on Sunday

They will fight. They will fight and keep on fighting. They will fight until the victory is ours! 🔥

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Pioli should field same 11 as against roma, but diaz instead of krunic.

Dzeko is definitely their weapon and we seem to not do so well against those type of strikers. Kjær masterclass is needed.

1 thing is clear, this is a must win match for them, while we can settle for a draw.

Either way just dont lose!! PLEASE

Schedule