Week 12: Milan vs Inter 07/11/2021 20:45 CEST

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Within the framework of the "law", I think both pens are debatable. But they are also clearer than most. Both situations we're scandalous involvements from Kessie and FBT respectively.

Few defensive moves have been more :fp: than the way FBT misjudged that through ball COMPLETELY. I was speechless with embarrasment.
I'm usually (too) fair when it comes to penalties but I think we got robbed on the first one (Hakan clearly trips Kessie first) and the second one needed at least a VAR check to see if FBT touched the ball or not. They gave Ibanez that courtesy, why not us?

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
I think the first wasn't a penalty. Second clearly was.

Overall, pretty happy with the result. We are a better team than they are. After today, I am convinced of it even further. Today's game was the kind you know that at the very least you will get a draw. I watched this game with zero nerves; the Roma game was much more of a nerve-shredder for me.

I am hoping Napoli take Inter out of the equation next round, and then stutter themselves. I don't see us having a dip in Jan/Feb this season. I think we have enough quality to ride out AFCON as well.

Rebic is the man btw. Totally makes the other team reshape themselves according to his will. So glad he's back.

Hakan for me right now is something that crawled out of a swamp. I can't even look at the dude's face without feeling revulsion.
De vrij and hakan is like brother, their face is identical.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I'm usually (too) fair when it comes to penalties but I think we got robbed on the first one (Hakan clearly trips Kessie first) and the second one needed at least a VAR check to see if FBT touched the ball or not. They gave Ibanez that courtesy, why not us?

Look at the fucking ref. So quick to whistle that penalty

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look at the fucking ref. So quick to whistle that penalty
Exactly. Kessie did trip Hakan on purpose and it was definitely a foul by Kessie, but Hakan clearly, clearly tripped Kessie first and that's why he flung himself to the ground. VAR should have done something.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some thoughts about the game:

We started attacking at the end I think for three reasons:

1. Rebic had a lot of energy and could drive us forward through sheer will.
  2. They lost Barella who we had trouble getting the ball off of, and Vidal dropped way too deep.
  3. After Dzeko left, they had no one that could deal with the Handanovic long balls that we were forcing.
I think the third point is the most important. We could drive up the pitch every time they cleared the ball as Alexis Sanchez and Correa had no chance against our CBs in the air.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hows it a penalty if he got the ball before making contact?
Just saw a couple of replays. FBT did not really touch the ball unfortunately. Maybe he got a microscopic touch, if that, but it's nothing that anyone will overturn a penalty for.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What an incredible save that was from Tatarusanu.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, we all hate him but Hakan really did play a good game last night. Took some balls to demand the penalty and score it. He's going to revert back to type now and be shit for two months, but I expected the pressure to get to him last night and it didn't.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Poor game in terms of the quality of football. Great game in terms of intensity and tempo.

The ref had a difficult game. He definitely opted for a more lenient approach, which I'm all for, but it did result in a very messy game with a lot of duels and allowed very little established build-up play..

Unlike many I really don’t believe there is this big conspiracy against Milan. However, I thought yesterday’s refereeing went Inter’s way just a tad too often.

How great it is to have fans back at San Siro on nights like this one.
The electric atmosphere in the stands was channeled to the players on the pitch and Curva Sud really brought their A-game it seems.

All in all a pretty great derby and not the worst result either.

Now we take a two week break and then we take the Scudetto!

Forza Milan ❤️🖤

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Penalty or not kessie fucked up and acted like an amateur

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ballo did get the ball first even if it was ever so slightly, and also redirected the ball away from goal towards Kjaer and Tomori.

And in comparison to the Ibanez penalty, his contact was first on the ball and later on the player in the follow through.

On the Kessie penalty, Hakan initiated the contact. If you look at the replay he trips Kessie first by stepping in front of him, making him loose his balance, after that point it was more of a fall.

My issue is that the ref gave this way too easily and quickly. Considering how the new rule states there needs to be a clear and obvious mistake, these are both hard to overturn. Its so up for interpretation, all you need is one camera angle to support the refs argument. Kessiés should have been overturned but this ref would have never done so.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Yea not a penalty. But got to give it to kebab, it was smart move like kalinic. Kessie was literally running and kebab stepped in front of him. Still -7 lmao.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Rebic, Salad and Bennacer changed the game when Inter was in the midst of creating alot of chances. The way they fought for the ball, kept their presence available for a pass in the midfield and matched their physicality made the tempo in our favor. These guys are great team players.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
They couldnt do shit when it was against benny, kessie and bakayoko. To bad it was to late.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
20211107_204243.jpeg

Was awesome to be at the derby last night, here's one one of the many great pics I could've posted. Classy from the curva to honour the medical professionals

Shame we couldn't snatch a win, especially during our good spell towards the end of the game, but I'm happy with a draw, a fair result

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone have a good replay on second penalty? I thought FBT got the ball before making contact with Darmian.

He did, ever so slightly. In my books not a penalty.

People were trying to tell us the Ibra penalty vs Ibanez (i think it was) was fishy, but there Ibanez clearly hit Ibra first, THEN hitting the ball..
How is this one not fishy, if the ibra one should be?

Gulagprisoner

yungfredduccini
Reaction score

This is a real tough one
Yes hakan trips kessie first but its minor... it kind of depends on the ref...some would call that a foul and some wont....it was def. not the reason why kessie fell to the ground...but its a tripping move he does...so rly depends on how oldschool premier leauge the ref will be..
Kessie however does make a clear foul

Since its so debatable and hakan fouls first... calling a penalty for it was uncalled for imo..but its a tough one like i said...

tschief

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

if its fast like this its really hard to see.

easiest way to see it well is if you go to the serie a channel on youtube, check the scene and then slow down the video-speed in the option. its a clear contact on the ball, minor, but when slowed down you can actually see it being enough to speed up the ball

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is a real tough one
Yes hakan trips kessie first but its minor... it kind of depends on the ref...some would call that a foul and some wont....it was def. not the reason why kessie fell to the ground...but its a tripping move he does...so rly depends on how oldschool premier leauge the ref will be..
Kessie however does make a clear foul

Since its so debatable and hakan fouls first... calling a penalty for it was uncalled for imo..but its a tough one like i said...
If Hakan had not put his foot in front of Kessie (without touching the ball) could Kessie have continued to reach for the ball? If no, then it's a foul. Doesn't look like Kessie is able to reach for the ball because Hakan literally kicked him.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I know it's minor in the grand scheme of things but I got so annoyed when Tonali made that incredible run down the touchline and got his shirt pulled very obviously by at least one, looked more like two Inter players until they finally managed to stop him... and again nothing from the referee at all!

Brahim definitely got bullied fairly off the ball a few times but you could see by the end of the first half he was insanely frustrated at not getting any calls his way at all.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Referee was definitely biased. I can see both penalties given but very weak. Hakan knocked at Kessie's heel first before the tangle, and BT got the smallest touch on the ball before Darmian was brought down. But fine, whatever. We know VAR is controversial as are referees, against us.

But the small decisions were so frustrating. As people have said, he made us stop two attacks for what? An Inter player down for the smallest reason? Inter against Lazio don't care their own man is down and attack but by some retribution now the ref has to whistle in their favor here. And what the hell was that foul decision near our box that he overturned? The foul was given in our favor and a minute later he decides to give it to Inter? You can't just overturn a decision unless it's VAR right? That was weird...

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
if its fast like this its really hard to see.

easiest way to see it well is if you go to the serie a channel on youtube, check the scene and then slow down the video-speed in the option. its a clear contact on the ball, minor, but when slowed down you can actually see it being enough to speed up the ball
Yeah.. you need to slow it down (you can do it on the link I shared), but there is even a contact almost at the same time he hits the ball if you see his ankle ro be fair.. any way.. this didn't lead to a goal after all, kessie's one was a wrong call and cost us a goal.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
The small fouls and lack of yellows is what defines a game more. Their midfield were able to keep playing ugly and kept fouling, because the ref allowed it. He helped them in their strategy.
This is the key of the game.
All the small fouls from Inter weren't sanctioned and all of Milan were.
That is when Milan players are afraid to make a foul or play more aggressive game.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Referee was definitely biased. I can see both penalties given but very weak. Hakan knocked at Kessie's heel first before the tangle, and BT got the smallest touch on the ball before Darmian was brought down. But fine, whatever. We know VAR is controversial as are referees, against us.

But the small decisions were so frustrating. As people have said, he made us stop two attacks for what? An Inter player down for the smallest reason? Inter against Lazio don't care their own man is down and attack but by some retribution now the ref has to whistle in their favor here. And what the hell was that foul decision near our box that he overturned? The foul was given in our favor and a minute later he decides to give it to Inter? You can't just overturn a decision unless it's VAR right? That was weird...
Agree with everyrhing you said.
Yesterday wasn't in my eyes one of the most scandalous refereeing I've seen. But it was definitely one of the weirdest I have ever seen. Everything he did was just... so weird.