Week 12: Milan vs Inter 07/11/2021 20:45 CEST

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
ref'ing was strange- felt much more like many small decisions were going inter way
first pk is foul on kessie - hakan put leg in front of running kessie - dont understand how its possible to be pk - and there is a var with option to see it?!
2nd pk even if maybe there is small touch from fodeBT its always can be called as foul

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
And what the hell was that foul decision near our box that he overturned? The foul was given in our favor and a minute later he decides to give it to Inter? You can't just overturn a decision unless it's VAR right? That was weird...
The problem with this one was that he couldn't hear his assistants because of the noise I think. Happened earlier in the game at one of the penalties when he was signaling that he had difficulties hearing the other refs.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
may watch game second time during this break but from what i saw (bad things)
- in games like that passing (short + long) from gk is important
- fodeBT ... breaking defending line and not watching the ball on 2nd pk...
- kessie again with slowness and bad decision making - just pass the f... ball instead of carry it around own box
- attack again depends on leao
- diaz weak body in attack - was pushed many times, in games like that we need ball move faster to gives him space; almost cost us a goal in first half (when he let run attacker in our box)
- our press didnt work often, to often we were like 2 seconds late
- we play every game like that: 20-30 minutes attacking-offensive and when we lack stamina instead of going back and just defend more as a team we just pretend to press opposition what lead us to be very exposed in the back because our players are everywhere on the pitch not necessarily doing anything for the team

good game to watch what we are struggle with - static attack without leao, weak body diaz, limits of ibra-krunic, kessie decision making etc.
cant wait for rebic, messias coming back and players like yacine and faivre, next step is proper cf, review our midfield...

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
next time we should play 433 with 4 fast players in attack and rest just sit back and defend, give inter the ball and lets see what they can show
because its funny how they play, sitting deep and trying to break you on counters mostly - look good when you leave them much free space

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Interesting to see that most of you guys thought that the refereeing was poor. IMO the referee was average but consistent. Which is all you can hope for during a derby - no big mistakes. Yes, the first penalty was debatable - but most referees would have given that, it wasn't as scandalous as some here are making it out to be. And yes Brahim Diaz should have won 3-4 free kicks, but so did Inter. Both teams should have got more yellows. The ref seemed more inclined to play on, but he was at least consistent throughout the game. Thats my take, albeit wearing Inter goggles.

As for the game, it was close. Inter had the upper hand most of the game, but couldn't finish the chances. Milan almost won it in the end. Inspired subs by Pioli when he brought on first Bennacer (for Tonali) and then Bakayoko (for Krunic), Inter lost the physical midfield battle in those last 10 minutes. Maybe he should have done that a bit sooner.

Overall it was good to see a proper derby instead of that excuse of one played out at Manchester a day before.

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Interesting to see that most of you guys thought that the refereeing was poor. IMO the referee was average but consistent. Which is all you can hope for during a derby - no big mistakes. Yes, the first penalty was debatable - but most referees would have given that, it wasn't as scandalous as some here are making it out to be. And yes Brahim Diaz should have won 3-4 free kicks, but so did Inter. Both teams should have got more yellows. The ref seemed more inclined to play on, but he was at least consistent throughout the game. Thats my take, albeit wearing Inter goggles.

As for the game, it was close. Inter had the upper hand most of the game, but couldn't finish the chances. Milan almost won it in the end. Inspired subs by Pioli when he brought on first Bennacer (for Tonali) and then Bakayoko (for Krunic), Inter lost the physical midfield battle in those last 10 minutes. Maybe he should have done that a bit sooner.

Overall it was good to see a proper derby instead of that excuse of one played out at Manchester a day before.
Good words. But I don't agree with you saying -no big mistakes-, talking about the first PK, I would've accepted this if there was no VAR and it was called in the old good times. Since you have VAR, and you're in a derby like you're saying, it would've been wise to check VAR first.
This is my opinion!

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And what the hell was that foul decision near our box that he overturned? The foul was given in our favor and a minute later he decides to give it to Inter? You can't just overturn a decision unless it's VAR right? That was weird...
i believe it was the linesman that made him (rightly) change the call

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

We could've slapped you guys senseless with theo and maignan :fp:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i believe it was the linesman that made him (rightly) change the call
No the linesman closest to the move raised his flag for a throw in for Milan. Ref overturned that and his initial decision to call a handball.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Overall it was good to see a proper derby
interdata-1280x720.png

The good old days. Nice to have you back, btw.

P.S, careful of Oaktree, you know what a vulture fund does, don't you? You don't want to end up stripped and sold for scraps like Milan.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Hey, Bluenine…

we are winning the league.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Referee was definitely biased. I can see both penalties given but very weak. Hakan knocked at Kessie's heel first before the tangle, and BT got the smallest touch on the ball before Darmian was brought down. But fine, whatever. We know VAR is controversial as are referees, against us.

But the small decisions were so frustrating. As people have said, he made us stop two attacks for what? An Inter player down for the smallest reason? Inter against Lazio don't care their own man is down and attack but by some retribution now the ref has to whistle in their favor here. And what the hell was that foul decision near our box that he overturned? The foul was given in our favor and a minute later he decides to give it to Inter? You can't just overturn a decision unless it's VAR right? That was weird...
It was a clear hand on us. Yet the ref whistled in our favour. I know it was weird but it was an obvious hand on FBT

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
He did, ever so slightly. In my books not a penalty.

People were trying to tell us the Ibra penalty vs Ibanez (i think it was) was fishy, but there Ibanez clearly hit Ibra first, THEN hitting the ball..
How is this one not fishy, if the ibra one should be?

Again.. all that could have been easily avoided if he kept his eyes on the ball

It’s literally the first thing they teach u as a kid when ur a defender. Never turn ur back on the ball when running back

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I think Baka, in those minutes that he had, did very well. Lets hope he starts performing and getting minutes on a regular level.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You come here with respect, and for that, I always have to say I commend you. I mean that, and please excuse my unnecessary antagonism here, as I agree with you, our derby is a proper one, with real heroes (us, obviously) and villains (you, obviously)--sorry, I hope you ignore those, but that one was a joke (kinda).

The major issue I have with you is the idea that the ref was consistent. Let me give you an example: your #20 instigated our fans, who used to be his fans (well, not really, but he used to play for us). No yellow card. Ibra, on the other hand, got racially abused by Roma fans, and did something similar, but he got a yellow card.

I'll say this about the two pens, both of them were created by unnecessary errors by our players. Kessie doesn't need to dribble where he did. Toure lost track of a ball that he could have easily just kicked away. The second penalty I'm less angry about--however the idea that Ibanez "got" the ball against Ibra in our game against Roma, when if Ibanez did get the ball, it was after hitting Ibra; so if that (Ibra pen) was scandalous, then Toure got the ball on Darmian. But whatever, Toure was stupid, Darmian was smart, second pen, I have quibbles more with the discourse of fans and the media than I do with the call.

However, the Kessie pen, was laughable. I understand why it was given, but in the world where VAR exists, your #20 hit Kessie first. Considering the uproar that came up from Dumfries kicking the foot of a Juve player for a pen, and how Inter fans howled, I think the fact that your player hit ours first, that was ridiculous. And the way I look at it, if a tangle of legs (which again, was stupid by Kessie) is a penalty, then Ibra getting shoved by one of your 3 CBs (forgot who) should be a penalty in the first half. However, that would have been a soft penalty (the Ibra situation), as was the first of your two pens. I think most refs would say "this is too big a game to give that as a penalty," and we would have fought over it after the game.

Regardless, I think Inter fans should stop crying about refs. The refs have been helping you this season. Empoli was robbed of the most stonewall of stonewall penalties, and you all have the audacity to talk about refs?

But let's get back to this match. TWICE the ref stopped the game, when we had the advantage, attacking-wise. Why? Because one of your players were down. Mind you, it was not due to head injuries. There are no rules that allows the ref to do that. We can keep playing. But the ref stopped it. Which allowed your team to reset and clear their lines, twice. I seem to remember your team being extremely upset about this issue. Oh wait, no, you guys were hypocrites about it, my bad.

Furthermore, your team is setup to just play ugly. Like, let's be honest here. Your team's history is predicated on playing ugly. Your two most important managers are Herrera and Mourinho, and their trademark is doing what? Playing ugly. Even when Moratti was spending like crazy, getting you R9, Recoba, etc, who did you put in charge? Cuper.

Your current team does not have finesse. Dzeko is class, I have a soft spot for him, and Martinez, when he accidentally tries to kick a ball but it hits off his shin, can score some goals--but your team is really setup to play ugly. Conte was perfect for that. You guys played on the counter, which is what ugly, small teams do. Even with Simeone as your coach, who loves to attack with reckless abandon. Barella is an impressive little rat, but he gets away with so many fouls because he's Italy's sweetheart.

Your team didn't get a single yellow card. Think about that. Your team, with goons like Skirinar (the most overrated defender in Serie A), Brozovic (underrated player), De Vrij (who I rate highly), Bastoni (who I rate even higher [for his potential]) your team is just goons. Brozovic should have been sent off for the series of professional fouls he committed. Barella and Brozovic (especially) hit our players, several times. Brahim was hit multiple times, but couldn't get a foul, just because he was being honest (too honest) and kept trying to push through the fouls of your team. The reason you guys could continue to play your ugly counter-attacking style was because the ref allowed you to, by not penalizing you for that.

The idea that you "dominated" is hilarious. Why? Because your attacking plays were allowed by the ref! Let's go over a few examples: when your #20 hits a shot, that goes across the face of the goal, Tonali, who is going to get to the ball, is pushed in the back by Bastoni, Tonali gets pushed into Kalulu, our left-back (we were missing Theo Hernandez, who would have torn your team to shreds, btw), giving your #20 the space to shoot. In Serie a, that kind of stuff is called a foul, constantly. But fine, let's pretend you can do that now.

Let's use another example: later on, a deflection goes to the by-line. Kjaer is ahead of Dzeko, and as he goes to shield the ball, he's in front of Dzeko. Dzeko, leads with his elbow, hitting Kjaer in the back, so he can win the ball, before passing superbly to Vidal, whose shot is blocked.

I can keep going, but I'm sure you can say: "but hey, Samaldinho, the ref was 'consistent'" and I would offer that he most certainly was not: a few minutes later, Skirinar loses the ball, Rebic is about to go clear, in a very similar manner to Dzeko, but the ref says it was a foul. Replays show that Rebic did not touch Skirinar. This was NOT a game where the ref allowed play to go both ways, no, he consistently allowed you to play tough, which would be fine, if we were allowed to be tough, which we weren't.

Since Milan fans love to hate on their team, because that is "objective," when even Matteo Bonnetti says something pro-Milan, you know that it must be bad--and I'll commend you Inter fans, you guys tend to support your team. I wish Milan fans did that, but we have this delusion that if we take positions that are opposite to our favor, even if it ridiculous, it makes them "objective." Yes, you had chances, but your chances were created through lax refereeing.

Mind you, you couldn't score on us through open play. And if you're going to say, "but we had chances!" So did we. More than you, with a handicap of the ref being against us. Ibra made Handa make an amazing save. Ibra also almost curled in a shot. We hit the bar. Kessie, the moron, should have slotted in the rebound. Rebic had shots deflected similar to your shots. Leao had shots, too. Also, we consistently threatened you on set-pieces. Imagine if we got the fouls we deserved, how many more dangerous situations would we have had?

The idea that you had the "upper hand" is cute when we had more possession (60% in the first half) and more shots than you, with your xG sky-high because of penalties, but ours superior outside of that. We had the better chances, your team wasn't penalized for their typical cynical playstyle, which is part-and-parcel to your history, both recent and historical, while we were missing two of our world-class players, and you had your full squad.

I wish our officials and players complained about refs as much as you do, perhaps we'd be able to pressure the refs to help us. I'm not even being fake here, it annoys me, because refs have been hurting us more than you. Refs have been helping you.

Whatever, enjoy your moral victory, and just pray that we aren't full strength when we face you next, because we've had half our squad out and we're top of the league. It was injury luck for you and against us last year that gave you the Scudetto, but we've had over 10 players missing, what's your excuse?

Enjoy the 700m plus in debts, by the way, I'm interested who you guys will sell next.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Absolutely destroyed

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Not trying to come at you or anything, I know you’re not hostile and you’ve posted many times before.

I cannot see how anyone thinks that is a fair penalty tbh. Hakan clearly(watch in slow motion) steps across Kessie with his leg, without playing the ball. Inter fans saying something along the lines of “yeah contact but not enough to bring him down.” That makes zero sense to me. Leg contact is not upper body contact, if you throw your leg in front of my while running I am going to fall. The ref and VAR cannot determine that any leg contact isn’t enough to bring someone down from a slow mo replay. If you bump my leg or step across me without playing the ball, it’s a foul 100% of the time. I don’t see why people are even saying it’s debatable.

At the worst from the ref I could see if he really thinks Kessie wasn’t fouled, then it’s a no call. Like I said, Hakan didn’t have the ball and wasn’t clearly in front of him, the worst you could say is a non foul collision where it’s just a play on. I don’t know why this penalty is being discussed, it’s one of the worst I’ve seen in a while.

Other than that, for the actual play I thought a draw was fair. Milan really missed theo, and Leao is tired. That left side was always going to be where the danger comes from, and Simone planned for that. Inter had most of the second half but Milan stepped up at the end, in terms of chances it was pretty equal I think.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Holy dear mother of god I've never in my life seen someone get brutally fucked in the ass just by words the way Samaldinho just flatlined bluenines brain

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You come here with respect, and for that, I always have to say I commend you. I mean that, and please excuse my unnecessary antagonism here, as I agree with you, our derby is a proper one, with real heroes (us, obviously) and villains (you, obviously)--sorry, I hope you ignore those, but that one was a joke (kinda).

The major issue I have with you is the idea that the ref was consistent. Let me give you an example: your #20 instigated our fans, who used to be his fans (well, not really, but he used to play for us). No yellow card. Ibra, on the other hand, got racially abused by Roma fans, and did something similar, but he got a yellow card.

I'll say this about the two pens, both of them were created by unnecessary errors by our players. Kessie doesn't need to dribble where he did. Toure lost track of a ball that he could have easily just kicked away. The second penalty I'm less angry about--however the idea that Ibanez "got" the ball against Ibra in our game against Roma, when if Ibanez did get the ball, it was after hitting Ibra; so if that (Ibra pen) was scandalous, then Toure got the ball on Darmian. But whatever, Toure was stupid, Darmian was smart, second pen, I have quibbles more with the discourse of fans and the media than I do with the call.

However, the Kessie pen, was laughable. I understand why it was given, but in the world where VAR exists, your #20 hit Kessie first. Considering the uproar that came up from Dumfries kicking the foot of a Juve player for a pen, and how Inter fans howled, I think the fact that your player hit ours first, that was ridiculous. And the way I look at it, if a tangle of legs (which again, was stupid by Kessie) is a penalty, then Ibra getting shoved by one of your 3 CBs (forgot who) should be a penalty in the first half. However, that would have been a soft penalty (the Ibra situation), as was the first of your two pens. I think most refs would say "this is too big a game to give that as a penalty," and we would have fought over it after the game.

Regardless, I think Inter fans should stop crying about refs. The refs have been helping you this season. Empoli was robbed of the most stonewall of stonewall penalties, and you all have the audacity to talk about refs?

But let's get back to this match. TWICE the ref stopped the game, when we had the advantage, attacking-wise. Why? Because one of your players were down. Mind you, it was not due to head injuries. There are no rules that allows the ref to do that. We can keep playing. But the ref stopped it. Which allowed your team to reset and clear their lines, twice. I seem to remember your team being extremely upset about this issue. Oh wait, no, you guys were hypocrites about it, my bad.

Furthermore, your team is setup to just play ugly. Like, let's be honest here. Your team's history is predicated on playing ugly. Your two most important managers are Herrera and Mourinho, and their trademark is doing what? Playing ugly. Even when Moratti was spending like crazy, getting you R9, Recoba, etc, who did you put in charge? Cuper.

Your current team does not have finesse. Dzeko is class, I have a soft spot for him, and Martinez, when he accidentally tries to kick a ball but it hits off his shin, can score some goals--but your team is really setup to play ugly. Conte was perfect for that. You guys played on the counter, which is what ugly, small teams do. Even with Simeone as your coach, who loves to attack with reckless abandon. Barella is an impressive little rat, but he gets away with so many fouls because he's Italy's sweetheart.

Your team didn't get a single yellow card. Think about that. Your team, with goons like Skirinar (the most overrated defender in Serie A), Brozovic (underrated player), De Vrij (who I rate highly), Bastoni (who I rate even higher [for his potential]) your team is just goons. Brozovic should have been sent off for the series of professional fouls he committed. Barella and Brozovic (especially) hit our players, several times. Brahim was hit multiple times, but couldn't get a foul, just because he was being honest (too honest) and kept trying to push through the fouls of your team. The reason you guys could continue to play your ugly counter-attacking style was because the ref allowed you to, by not penalizing you for that.

The idea that you "dominated" is hilarious. Why? Because your attacking plays were allowed by the ref! Let's go over a few examples: when your #20 hits a shot, that goes across the face of the goal, Tonali, who is going to get to the ball, is pushed in the back by Bastoni, Tonali gets pushed into Kalulu, our left-back (we were missing Theo Hernandez, who would have torn your team to shreds, btw), giving your #20 the space to shoot. In Serie a, that kind of stuff is called a foul, constantly. But fine, let's pretend you can do that now.

Let's use another example: later on, a deflection goes to the by-line. Kjaer is ahead of Dzeko, and as he goes to shield the ball, he's in front of Dzeko. Dzeko, leads with his elbow, hitting Kjaer in the back, so he can win the ball, before passing superbly to Vidal, whose shot is blocked.

I can keep going, but I'm sure you can say: "but hey, Samaldinho, the ref was 'consistent'" and I would offer that he most certainly was not: a few minutes later, Skirinar loses the ball, Rebic is about to go clear, in a very similar manner to Dzeko, but the ref says it was a foul. Replays show that Rebic did not touch Skirinar. This was NOT a game where the ref allowed play to go both ways, no, he consistently allowed you to play tough, which would be fine, if we were allowed to be tough, which we weren't.

Since Milan fans love to hate on their team, because that is "objective," when even Matteo Bonnetti says something pro-Milan, you know that it must be bad--and I'll commend you Inter fans, you guys tend to support your team. I wish Milan fans did that, but we have this delusion that if we take positions that are opposite to our favor, even if it ridiculous, it makes them "objective." Yes, you had chances, but your chances were created through lax refereeing.

Mind you, you couldn't score on us through open play. And if you're going to say, "but we had chances!" So did we. More than you, with a handicap of the ref being against us. Ibra made Handa make an amazing save. Ibra also almost curled in a shot. We hit the bar. Kessie, the moron, should have slotted in the rebound. Rebic had shots deflected similar to your shots. Leao had shots, too. Also, we consistently threatened you on set-pieces. Imagine if we got the fouls we deserved, how many more dangerous situations would we have had?

The idea that you had the "upper hand" is cute when we had more possession (60% in the first half) and more shots than you, with your xG sky-high because of penalties, but ours superior outside of that. We had the better chances, your team wasn't penalized for their typical cynical playstyle, which is part-and-parcel to your history, both recent and historical, while we were missing two of our world-class players, and you had your full squad.

I wish our officials and players complained about refs as much as you do, perhaps we'd be able to pressure the refs to help us. I'm not even being fake here, it annoys me, because refs have been hurting us more than you. Refs have been helping you.

Whatever, enjoy your moral victory, and just pray that we aren't full strength when we face you next, because we've had half our squad out and we're top of the league. It was injury luck for you and against us last year that gave you the Scudetto, but we've had over 10 players missing, what's your excuse?

Enjoy the 700m plus in debts, by the way, I'm interested who you guys will sell next.
ecc1-c01a-4c3e-8128-e7522e5403bb.jpg

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
Difficult game too watch but I loved the last 15 minutes once Rebic came on we lit up. Him and Leao are a great pairing and we obviously miss Theo to make up the trio.
One of my worries with a game like this is that we are begining to see a trend where if a ref is lenient and allows a physical game we get bullied off the ball quite easily and struggle to regain composure, that is a component of our game that will need to be looked into.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
People, its time to move on. Penalties were given. I cant wati for Fiorentina. They re missing their cbs.

Schedule