Week 13: Fiorentina vs Milan 20/11/2021 20:45 CET

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Bar Maignan (whose net gain is zero as we lost Donna on a free) this summers transfer mercato is on course to have the highest number of flops ever (Tonali, Diaz and Tomori are all counted as last season).

This is what happens when you buy a bunch of bodies and call that as "depth".

Quan

Primavera
Reaction score
Loss after the international break, the usual Milan routine :cool:
I'm not worried tho, we give them the win with stupid mistakes, it was one of these nights.

Let's hope tomorrow big game end in draw.
And I sure hope Tomori injury isn't something serious.

Forza Milan!!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Gabbia never looked good in any game I've seen him. So sloooooow.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the Fiorentina coach studied the way Porto defeated (and outplayed) us and trained his team on a high defensive line. This is something we need to figure out how to overcome
Rebic up front, easy. With Maignan it will be a walk in the park.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Someone with sense. Kessie should be the last player to give the armband to.
I don't know why Pioli takes off Tonali whenever he brings Bena on. It should be Kessie :fp:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Bar Maignan (whose net gain is zero as we lost Donna on a free) this summers transfer mercato is on course to have the highest number of flops ever (Tonali, Diaz and Tomori are all counted as last season).

This is what happens when you buy a bunch of bodies and call that as "depth".
why are they last years signings when they are in this years budget?

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
This loss will be our spezia this season. I can feel it

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Thank goodness Fiorentina didnt have any firepower :rolleyes:

I never knew Gabbia was in for Tomori. Fik is currently irreplaceable. The game was still there for the win. If only... the chances were taken.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you get free points for having higher xG?
Of course you don't but it's an indication that we were more threatening and things just didn't go our way. It's not Pioli's fault that we lost, we missed our chances and the defense fucked up.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
1 goal a disastrous comedy of errors by two players
1 wondergoal
1 goal any normal defender would cut out with an offside trap
1 goal Theo being his usual idiot self.

We usually can survive with one or maybe two of these happening. Four in the same game is impossible, but we could have won if we finished our easy chances. They scored 4 and their xG isn't even past 1.
Although Gabbia was poor throughout the match and his positioning was woeful, particularly for Vlahovic’s first goal, he can’t share fault with Tatarusanu for the first goal. The keeper dropped the ball from a comfortable catch and he was supposed to fall right back onto the ball. How many times have we seen a keeper drop the ball right next to them and immediately grab the ball or lay on top of it. If Gabbia would’ve attempted to clear it and it ricocheted off of someone and went into the net, he would’ve been equally vilified. He was waiting for this slow, lanky clown to immediately get the ball and was trying to shield the ball for him. Unfortunately, it was poked into the goal.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ffs get us a proper AM And RW, as much as i like renato sanchez, we need AM and RW more, romain faivre and another good attacking midfielders would make the difference for this season, damn it how much i'm pissed at pioli, milan lab, and even maldini

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We have old, dumb, and casual players...We should win those games with no stress, if we want to win the scudetto that is...I hope we lose at Madrid so we forget about CL and EL

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This loss will be our spezia this season. I can feel it
No way. We played good. Honestly it was simply some stupid error mistakes and the fact that we missed a lot of chances. I liked the way we played we looked like we could score anytime. Even at 3-0 i felt like we can turn this around

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I never knew Gabbia was in for Tomori. Fik is currently irreplaceable. The game was still there for the win. If only... the chances were taken.
all in fun bro - we made them look stupendous

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Tomori out and we give away 4 goals, coincidence???

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
We deserved to lose. We definitely didn't deserve to win and we wouldn't have deserved a point after two mistakes like that. Tatarusanu should've done way better for the first goal and Theo also should've known much better for Vlahovic's second. The run had to end some time. I think we'll bounce back well. Messias should stop trying to get foul calls and start playing football! That's what got him here! It's exasperating watching him play.

Leao. What a star! I'm so happy to see him improve so much. Just imagine how good he can be if he becomes even more composed. What a talent.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
so what skills gabbia has to be 'better' than romag??
said before - no to italians white trees when you dont have sub for tomori

mistakes, not scored chances - first half should be 2-2 at worst (ibra and leao chances...)
2nd half we scored 2 goals but our team (midfield) was unbalanced and couldnt control it anymore

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not just one game. I've been screaming that he's a bad defender and has no hope for months now, since last season when he was playing regularly. He makes ridiculously bad errors all the time, they just rarely got punished, but what gets me is how often he retreats and passes back to Tata and putting us under pressure. Our buildup was disastrous and he's mostly to blame. Even the last goal, it was a blunder by Theo, but he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place, Gabbia should have split early and went into that zone, you can see Kjaer pointing that out to him, but he just blindly stood his ground and forced Theo to come short.
I don't think he's as talented as others say, but I think you're being tough on him, even though I think he was horrific today.

Tata dropped a routine ball. And yes, that happens, and Gabbia was... I have no idea what he was thinking. It was an error from him, but Tata has to take a big share of that.

The third goal is on him, and he almost got beat again, multiple times.

But Theo was the one who was majorly at fault. He knows he's got a kid next to him. Clearing the ball would have been safer. I disagree, Theo is at fault.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
You guys member metit's game with inter... where he shudve booted it but did a gabbia... gabbia did a metit today.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Although Gabbia was poor throughout the match and his positioning was woeful, particularly for Vlahovic’s first goal, he can’t share fault with Tatarusanu for the first goal. The keeper dropped the ball from a comfortable catch and he was supposed to fall right back onto the ball. How many times have we seen a keeper drop the ball right next to them and immediately grab the ball or lay on top of it. If Gabbia would’ve attempted to clear it and it ricocheted off of someone and went into the net, he would’ve been equally vilified. He was waiting for this slow, lanky clown to immediately get the ball and was trying to shield the ball for him. Unfortunately, it was poked into the goal.
Gabbia absolutely is more to blame for the goal than Tata. Tata dropped the ball, but it fell to our player. Anyone with a good instinct will just hoof the ball clear. Gabbia decided to shield the ball and assume that Tata or someone else will get it. What on earth was he thinking? Tata made a technical error, he tried to hold the ball and he dropped it. It's a bad fuckup, and it's really not something a professional goalkeeper should do, but it's not a bad decision, he caught the ball. Gabbia made a catastrophic decision and that's an indication that his instincts are bad. That's something that I always saw in him and it's tragic to see it result in a goal (or two) today.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It’s very important also to note that Juventus has picked up 5 points on us in the last 2 games too.

As for tomorrow a Napoli win or draw is better in the long run.

With leagues what actually matters is not where you are on match day 12 but squad depth and quality overall. Juve has it and so does Inter. Napoli need a significant January mercato to get to that level

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Unfortunate loss.

They were clinical, we didn't finish our chances. There were errors aplenty.

Effectively, Ibra is our best player and I don't know how people can deny it. He was off in the first half but he was still the fulcrum, then when it came back in the second he got two goals.

Shit to lose, but we'll move on. We're still at the very least second and Napoli have some very difficult matches coming up.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I think the Fiorentina coach studied the way Porto defeated (and outplayed) us and trained his team on a high defensive line. This is something we need to figure out how to overcome.
This is typical Italiano. Coached Spezia last year

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Gabbia absolutely is more to blame for the goal than Tata. Tata dropped the ball, but it fell to our player. Anyone with a good instinct will just hoof the ball clear. Gabbia decided to shield the ball and assume that Tata or someone else will get it. What on earth was he thinking? Tata made a technical error, he tried to hold the ball and he dropped it. It's a bad fuckup, and it's really not something a professional goalkeeper should do, but it's not a bad decision, he caught the ball. Gabbia made a catastrophic decision and that's an indication that his instincts are bad. That's something that I always saw in him and it's tragic to see it result in a goal (or two) today.

I'm sorry but that's bollocks.

Tata literally caught and then dropped the ball. Even if Gabbia did a cartwheel and threw the ball in our own goal with his ass cheeks he isn't as much to blame as Tata

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you loan a player last year, but buy him this year, it doesn't count as a transfer, because when you loan a player, he has to stay.

That's why Dalot is still with us and why Bakayoko never left.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But Theo was the one who was majorly at fault. He knows he's got a kid next to him. Clearing the ball would have been safer. I disagree, Theo is at fault.
Theo is definitely at fault for the goal, no question, and it's not the first time he's done that. It's a really bad habit and he needs to stop this ASAP. But look at a replay of the goal and look at Gabbia's positioning. He should have sprinted to the LCB zone to push Theo out wide.

Schedule