Week 13: Fiorentina vs Milan 20/11/2021 20:45 CET

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Because I want everyone to realize what a bad defender Gabbia is. We all know how bad Tata is.
Then I see. Obviously That was a wrong move from Padre, especially because Gabbia is unfit and without experience.
Nevertherless, it's second year in a row we are so unlucky with players conditions. Loosing Tomori in the last training session was definately key in this loss.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fucking Theo, so disappointed in him. That was just so stupid, and not the first time.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Actually just realized Brahim played this game

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually just realized Brahim played this game
Him being invisible today really concerned me.

Since his return from Covid, he's played like he did last year, where he was invisible--in fact this was maybe his worst game this year, as he didn't even have the 2-3 dribbles and runs that he would randomly have.

I hope he can get back to his best, because when he's on-the-ball, creating space, pulling teams out of their shape, our team really feasts. That was one of the problems with today.

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
If it was in question between Tata and Gabbia, fine, more room to argue.

Tata literally jumped up, grabbed the ball safely, and then dropped it. Gabbia tried then to shield the ball which was the wrong decision.

Gabbia is not the one at fault for that goal, it was Tata's fault.
They're both at fault for the first goal conceded, but tatarusanu errors is bigger one imo. Something like 70% tatarusanu - 30% gabbia in term of roles as scapegoat

Clubber Lang

Consigliere
Reaction score
Can’t believe i have to stay up till 5.30 am just to watch rookie mistake from Tata, Gabbia and Theo

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I disagreed with the substitutions, but I could tell it was gonna be one of those games due to the amount of chances we were messing up. It always comes back to haunt you. This game could have easily been 4-0 milan.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
I appreciate Gabbia has potential. But I've known for a while that it isn't smart keeping him as a deputy, unless he's going to play semi regularly. A young defender like him needs to develop with game time. He 100% needs to go out on loan for everyone's sake. I can't think of any CB that goes straight from the youth team into being a reliable CB for a CL team.

Tatarasanu has me on edge constantly. Wouldn't even mind giving Mirante a chance against Atletico.

Theo needs a slap. Needs humbling. Personality wise, he seems the least likeable at the club. The silly screaming. The arrogance in those constant turns in a dangerous area...

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Several terrible mistakes obviously but none made me as annoyed as Theo’s… At 3-2 I was pretty confident that we could draw and then maybe sneak a winner if the momentum was right. What a frustrating match.

I know Brahim has had some great matches but I really don’t see him as the starting AM we need. He has a lot of skill but he seems to need the match and the team to go a certain way for him to really shine, rather than being able to impose himself on the game. I want him to stay but I’d love a slightly stronger starting option who can dictate play more and take control of the attack more assertively.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I appreciate Gabbia has potential. But I've known for a while that it isn't smart keeping him as a deputy, unless he's going to play semi regularly. A young defender like him needs to develop with game time. He 100% needs to go out on loan for everyone's sake. I can't think of any CB that goes straight from the youth team into being a reliable CB for a CL team.

Tatarasanu has me on edge constantly. Wouldn't even mind giving Mirante a chance against Atletico.

Theo needs a slap. Needs humbling. Personality wise, he seems the least likeable at the club. The silly screaming. The arrogance in those constant turns in a dangerous area...
Tomori went on loan for three seasons I think, always playing regularly before returning to Chelsea.

I was never happy with Tata. Kept quiet about him because we were winning and he was making some stunning saves, but he clearly doesn't inspire confidence in his defense. Never seen Kjaer scream at his own goalkeeper so often. He's just a really bad goalkeeper and I honestly don't know why Maldini went for him as a backup, i'm sure there must have been better options. Tata is just really, really bad and I can't wait for Maignan to be back.

I don't think Theo is unlikable, it's just a very Spanish reaction to fouls and he's gotten us a lot of yellows so I'm not going to suddenly complain about it. What does worry me and that's something someone mentioned here earlier, is that he seems to get his risk/reward ratios very wrong. Takes huge risks for very little reward potential and he needs to understand not to do that. A dribble is great if you're willing to take the risk of it failing. I don't think there's ever a scenario to want to do that in the way he did last game. Too central to use the touchline as an out, and too close to goal and with no other defender near you to bail you out. Just a ridiculously bad decision and even if he pulls it off, what do we gain?

Last edited: