Week 13: Torino (2) VS. AC Milan (2) - 23/11/08

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
First time I open a thread, first of all im hoping we win, 2nd I want a different scoreline than 1-0

-------------------Abbiatti
----Zambro----Bonera----Kaladze-----Janku
--------------Flamini-----Gattuso
--------------Kaka-------Ronaldinho
---------------Inzaghi---Pato

lets face it, torino cant attack to save their life, we dont need 3 DMs, I want to see 4 attackers this time, and I hope we can wrap it up early on for a change.

Last edited:

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Last year we won there in the last minutes with a Pippardino goal after suffering a whole match, nice prospective...

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Give Sheva a chance instead of Pippo. He's been on my nerves lately.

Last edited:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
I know it probably won't happen, but I would like to see Ducky and Sheva up front from the start. Wonder if we might see Pirlo in this game.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Jivara said:
First time I open a thread, first of all im hoping we win, 2nd I want a different scoreline than 1-0

-------------------Abbiatti
----Zambro----Bonera----Kaladze-----Janku
--------------Flamini-----Gattuso
--------------Kaka-------Ronaldinho
---------------Inzaghi---Pato

lets face it, torino cant attack to save their life, we dont need 3 DMs, I want to see 4 attackers this time, and I hope we can wrap it up early on for a change.

As we saw, we need to play Kaka or Ronaldinho. I think one is choking off the other. We need to play 4-3-1-2, with Kaka - Sheva - Pato in the attack... and Seedorf again has to play as CM.

As I said though... Kaka needs space to operate behind two strikers... we don't want him to suffer.

Also, Torino is a very defensive heavy team... they do little in the way of attacking.

Edit: I don't think Abate played today... is he injured?

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I agree, Kaka needs space, I prefer him to play as the sole AM in our team but Ronaldinho is playing nice so he should start. Seedorf should be dropped for once, he seems to start no matter how bad he is playing, vs Chievo he gave us nothing attacking wise although he was good defensively, against Torino i am hoping we dont need to defend, so I prefer 4 attackers.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jivara said:
I agree, Kaka needs space, I prefer him to play as the sole AM in our team but Ronaldinho is playing nice so he should start. Seedorf should be dropped for once, he seems to start no matter how bad he is playing, vs Chievo he gave us nothing attacking wise although he was good defensively, against Torino i am hoping we dont need to defend, so I prefer 4 attackers.

Seedorf did fine. I don't know if Pirlo is ready...

But, it should be Ronaldinho or Kaka... especially for smaller teams like this... we need two strikers up front causing problems...

So either Ronaldinho needs to go more forward and play as a striker, or be benched because Kaka certainly isn't going to be on the bench.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Giancarlo said:
Edit: I don't think Abate played today... is he injured?

What I read is that he has a ankle injury, and that he'll be out a while.

Thank goodness, I get to sleep in Sunday; the game's a 1:30 pm start for me. :D

Games of note:

Inter - Juventus (Saturday) FSC live 1:30 pm
Fiorentina - Udinese (Saturday)
Napoli - Cagliari (Sunday)

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lisa said:
What I read is that he has a ankle injury, and that he'll be out a while.)

Aw we can't hear the FSC announcer make a total idiot of himself mixing up Abbiati and Abate lol... damn...

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Sheva + pato 2 start.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Wild said:
Sheva + pato 2 start.
I agree. If Kaka` is still in bad form (he was invisible today) maybe he should be the one Sheva would replace.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
whatever you do coach put the duck on the pitch

i know you will come up with all those formations

please put duck rino and flamini, those guys shows the real spirit of milan

sad pippo is more important to coach than duck and when coachs fav pirlo comes flamini will be benched...

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
Lisa said:
What I read is that he has a ankle injury, and that he'll be out a while.

Thank goodness, I get to sleep in Sunday; the game's a 1:30 pm start for me. :D

Games of note:

Inter - Juventus (Saturday) FSC live 1:30 pm
Fiorentina - Udinese (Saturday)
Napoli - Cagliari (Sunday)

nice games should give us even more incentive to win, hopefully pato will play upfront with either bori, pippo or sheva don't care who as long as we play two up-top.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
OMG,guys i just realized-next round on 23rd nov,2008 at the late evening in shitty Torino town,Milan will regain their first place.......and you know why?

Cos' Pasha Nedved and Sasha Del Piero will rape Merda so bad,they will go like:"Why did you raped us so hard???" :D

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tbh Juventus is going on my nerves (no shit? :D) and i wouldn't mind to see Inter kicking the shit out of them just to put them on the ground...i'm sick of praising del piero, that butcher sissoko, their goalkeeper who looks like some german officer from WW but in this terms better for Juventus to win.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
dev1L said:
tbh Juventus is going on my nerves (no shit? :D) and i wouldn't mind to see Inter kicking the shit out of them just to put them on the ground...i'm sick of praising del piero, that butcher sissoko, their goalkeeper who looks like some german officer from WW but in this terms better for Juventus to win.

no1 is on my nerves more than inter. have u ever met an inter fan? I'd rather have oj simpson date my sister than an interfan date her.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yes i did, in highschool :D both of them are annoying but @ this moment juventus more + cl against real..bblabla :D It's better for Juventus to win it like i wrote it and i would like to see that but in other terms wouldn't mind to see jube getting owned.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We must win this game and hope Inter slip up against Juve.

Any news on how long Bori will be out for?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Abbiati

Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski

Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf

Ronaldinho

Sheva Pato

Kaka' will be back late from Brazil due to international duty...so give him a rest...and give shevy + pato a chance :D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully jube and merda will draw.

ahmadkanafani

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I hope Ancelloti plays 4-3-1-2 this time with Pato & Sheva upfront. Pippo shouldn't start from the beginning, he should come in as sub in second half if we need him.

ahmadkanafani

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Jivara said:

Its hard to drop Seedorf, because he has a bit of defensive qualities, but Ronaldino doesn't.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Billy_69 said:
Last year we won there in the last minutes with a Pippardino goal after suffering a whole match, nice prospective...
Didn't Pato score the winning goal? If I remember correctly Gila fought for the ball and Pato scored. Can somebody post a youtube?

Last 21 years we only lost once vs Torino away and that was in season 01/02. The last 2 games, we won both with 1-0 scoreline. Torino only got 11 points so far this season (3W, 2D) and all came when they played home. They've scored 12 goals and 8 came from home matches. Needless to say they're more dangerous at home.

But they will need to win since they're only 3 points above the dead zone and are on top of Roma only because Roma had 1 game in hand. I'm hoping them to play more attacking and hopefully open up a bit defensively.

Now, question is : 1 or 2 strikers? Ronaldinho and Kaka can't be dropped since they seemed to be pulling all the offensive strings for Milan. They both alone will force us to play 1 striker but after repeatedly failing to crack the door open, it's time to play more offensive. When we play 1 striker and had the attack going, Ronaldinho tends to play on the left and tried to play triangular with Kaka or the leftback. As the result the lone striker is left alone because nobody accompanies him while Rino and the other midfielder will be too far outside the box to help him. If we have additional striker, they'll be 2 strikers in the box waiting. For this, I want Flamini dropped. Based on the Chievo game, Seedorf seemed capable to help Rino defensively. He should play the Pirlo role while allow R80 to play his role.

During the Chievo game after Jankulovski was yellow carded the commentator mentioned that he will be suspended due to yellow card accumulation. Can someone confirm this? If yes, what's the status of Antonini?

Formation :
Abiatti - Zambrotta - Kaladze - Bonera - Antonini
Seedorf - Gattuso - Kaka - R80
Pato - Inzaghi

2-1

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Az. said:
Sereni: Milan Will Hammer Us!
Goalkeeper Matteo Sereni feels that Torino will ship at least six goals against the Rossoneri next weekend

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1635/torino/2008/11/17/968581/sereni-milan-will-hammer-us

That`s the right attitude :D

Spot on :D
I hope his nightmare will comes true :D
I hope this time Carlo will playing Pato since the begining. And put Inzaghi only when Pato finds the dead end to breaks the goal. Usually the path is like that.. Inzaghi for the rescue at the last moments ^^

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't be surprised by Sereni's comments. He isn't loved by the Torino fans and even isn't the first choice keeper anymore.

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Didn't Pato score the winning goal? If I remember correctly Gila fought for the ball and Pato scored. Can somebody post a youtube?

Last 21 years we only lost once vs Torino away and that was in season 01/02. The last 2 games, we won both with 1-0 scoreline. Torino only got 11 points so far this season (3W, 2D) and all came when they played home. They've scored 12 goals and 8 came from home matches. Needless to say they're more dangerous at home.

But they will need to win since they're only 3 points above the dead zone and are on top of Roma only because Roma had 1 game in hand. I'm hoping them to play more attacking and hopefully open up a bit defensively.

Now, question is : 1 or 2 strikers? Ronaldinho and Kaka can't be dropped since they seemed to be pulling all the offensive strings for Milan. They both alone will force us to play 1 striker but after repeatedly failing to crack the door open, it's time to play more offensive. When we play 1 striker and had the attack going, Ronaldinho tends to play on the left and tried to play triangular with Kaka or the leftback. As the result the lone striker is left alone because nobody accompanies him while Rino and the other midfielder will be too far outside the box to help him. If we have additional striker, they'll be 2 strikers in the box waiting. For this, I want Flamini dropped. Based on the Chievo game, Seedorf seemed capable to help Rino defensively. He should play the Pirlo role while allow R80 to play his role.

During the Chievo game after Jankulovski was yellow carded the commentator mentioned that he will be suspended due to yellow card accumulation. Can someone confirm this? If yes, what's the status of Antonini?

Formation :
Abiatti - Zambrotta - Kaladze - Bonera - Antonini
Seedorf - Gattuso - Kaka - R80
Pato - Inzaghi

2-1

I also think we should go for 4-2-2-2 (if I understood you correctly) but i would drop Seedorf instead of Flamini as we would need 2 DM if there are 4 extremely forward oriented players (dinho, kaka, pato, sheva/inzaghi).

But this wont happen and Carlo will play with one striker again and probably Pirlo will start the match so I think he will chose the "old" Milan midfield consisting of Seedorf, Pirlo (if he is indeed redy to play) and Gattuso.

I just hope Pato plays this one as his talent cant be ruined!

About Jankulovski - I think he can play this one as only gattuso, ambrosini and Kaka were one yellow away from one match ban.

And finally here is the video of Patos last year goal. It was just a tap in as Gila created everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOTH19gSPxE

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2-2-6 and 3 goals in the first half or Ancelotti's getting bullets in the post :)

:head:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Az. said:
Sereni: Milan Will Hammer Us!
Goalkeeper Matteo Sereni feels that Torino will ship at least six goals against the Rossoneri next weekend

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1635/torino/2008/11/17/968581/sereni-milan-will-hammer-us

That`s the right attitude :D

Great scandalous title but:

“If we keep playing like this and gift Milan the same opportunities, they will score six goals against us, not three like today,” Torino's former Lazio shot-stopper Matteo Sereni has warned, according to **********.

He thinks we're a goalscoring machine, when it's more likely that we'll probably score 1 and then lay it back and see if Torino can score if they won't we won't either, with good luck we won't get a 90th minute draw from their only chance.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am all for playing 4-2-2-2...

-----------Abbiati-----------
Zambro-Bonera-Kaladze-Janku
------Flamini--Gattuso-------
---------Kaka--Dinho--------
----Borriello/Sheva---Pato---

Bonera, Flamini and Gattuso have been on form, I don't see the reason why we should pack our midfield again.

Any ideas if Borriello will be fit?