Week 20: Milan vs Roma 06/01/2022 18:30 CET

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Three points! Well done despite all the missing players. But Roma wtf were they doing today.

Too bad we hit the crossbar two times, great shot from Diaz and great fk from Florenzi.
Florenzi is doing very well lately and he has a good shot aswell.

Please don't let Ibra take any penalties again, he always misses.
roma and lazio usually look crap against us on SS

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful win! After a worrying first ball, Baka played well and recovered important balls.
Missed Leao speed and quality.
Ibra definately lost it even if he still can make difference sometimes, but that's just normal knowing his age he overperforms.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
well done to us! good CB pairs today

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
What a nice feeling going into the weekend. Off to sleep now. Forza milan!!!

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not wrong
You said our attack is about individualism, when the team worked so hard to make their chances, they were passing really well.

Take Krunic's horrible chance, where he should have just shot, the team played beautiful to make that chance.

The team did amazing today. Amazing. Amazing teamwork. They sacrificed for each other.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You know, since people like to point out the chemistry that rebic and theo have(that Leao doesn’t) I think there is a case to be made that Leao links up better with Ibra than rebic does.

I remember early Pioli days of Leao behind Ibra, we didn’t always play as great but those two together looked good. Just shows really we have a lot of different options when Pioli has players to pick from.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His assist today, beautiful, I love my mascot.
There was a replay they showed at the end of the game showing how powerfully he held off Smalling and then aimed a chested pass to Leao. Looks way more impressive in that replay than what we saw in the game.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You want to call an unbalanced poor control a beautiful assist? Sums up mascot boiis.
Did it let Leao break away? Allow my man Brk to throw it down.
There was a replay they showed at the end of the game showing how powerfully he held off Smalling and then aimed a chested pass to Leao. Looks way more impressive in that replay than what we saw in the game.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Typical Roma its in their DNA and the game has passed Mourinho by.
People can continue to bring up his resumé but he cant seem to relate to this era of players or put an effective plan together

Despite all the suckiness of the opposition we were very good for the majority of the match and were three posts away from dropping a traditional score on them.
Retrieve the covid personnel and get the returning players fit.

I still want some reinforcements though because Brahim was still a bit lacking.

Last edited:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Finnaly good Baka and Florenzi! Huge win. Tonali motm.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It was really shocking how much Roma just gave up after Pellegrini got injured.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
You said our attack is about individualism, when the team worked so hard to make their chances, they were passing really well.

Take Krunic's horrible chance, where he should have just shot, the team played beautiful to make that chance.

The team did amazing today. Amazing. Amazing teamwork. They sacrificed for each other.
There was a lot of individualism. None of our goals came from a well played collective move, except maybe Leao's goal, but that was more because of shitty defending and his superb individuality.

We had many chances where we reached their penalty area (again due to horrible Roma defending) and players looked for the individual option rather than picking out a better option. I'm talking about Messias thinking that he is Robben, Saelemakers trying to nutmeg opponents, Diaz hogging the ball. Yes the win is great considering the circumstances, but if you play a solid opponent like Inter with this approach then you will get roasted.

We need to be sharper up front and try to pick out the CF when he is inside the box.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Florenzi, Bakayoko, Messias, Giroud, and Maignan. I'll figure this out. I swear. They all... no, they all don't have mustaches, wait! They do! But do beards count? Guess not.

I'll figure it out. I'm close.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
So Florenzi, Bakayoko, Messias, Giroud, and Maignan. I'll figure this out. I swear. They all... no, they all don't have mustaches, wait! They do! But do beards count? Guess not.

I'll figure it out. I'm close.
They all... play for AC Milan? :O

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Prophet Kalulu
Sorry, what was that..? I didn't read it properly, I think you mistyped.

O...? G...? OG...

Olivier Giroud??? He what? He scored, and hand a hand in another goal? Whaaaat?

47427207-0-image-a-61_1630592234268.jpg

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They all... play for AC Milan? :O
True. But there's something about those five guys, in particular, that makes them different. I really appreciate the help brainstorming though.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
True. But there's something about those five guys, in particular, that makes them different. I really appreciate the help brainstorming though.
A true mystery of the modern era. It's as if we'll never find the answer to this simple question.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There was a lot of individualism. None of our goals came from a well played collective move, except maybe Leao's goal, but that was more because of shitty defending and his superb individuality.

We had many chances where we reached their penalty area (again due to horrible Roma defending) and players looked for the individual option rather than picking out a better option. I'm talking about Messias thinking that he is Robben, Saelemakers trying to nutmeg opponents, Diaz hogging the ball. Yes the win is great considering the circumstances, but if you play a solid opponent like Inter with this approach then you will get roasted.

We need to be sharper up front and try to pick out the CF when he is inside the box.
So, Roma's shitty defending is the reason why we played well in the attack, not us playing well?

You know what? I just disagree with you, and I'd wager that most people on here would as well. I'm too happy right now to write more.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
So, Roma's shitty defending is the reason why we played well in the attack, not us playing well?

You know what? I just disagree with you, and I'd wager that most people on here would as well. I'm too happy right now to write more.
Good for you