Week 22: Milan vs Spezia 17/01/2022 18:30 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok , but nothing can be done to change odds so i tend not to discuss elements that cant be altered.
Our planning , ambition , preps , tactics , etc are directly affected by our acts & decisions so its where i like to spend my energy.
Of course you can't affect them and I hope with time we get enough good decisions or good luck to balance this shit out, but you can only plan for so much adversity. I'm saying this to counter all the people who suddenly are shitting on the management or Pioli or whoever. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to have a squad big enough to handle this sort of crisis. Kalulu and Gabbia are barely out of the primavera squad and we've been forced to play them for what, the fourth game in a row now? Tomori comes back to save us and instantly snaps his metatarsal?

Our planning, ambition, tactics have been superb since Jan 2019. Prep, maybe we can improve as there must be a reason for all these muscle injuries. But you can't fault the rest.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not saying the referee didn't mess up that Messias goal. But I see it as a human error that has been dramatised by the timing of the incident. These things happen, and if you want to be totally honest, when we play weaker teams they usually happen in our favour more than the other way around. The ref screwed up on that act but he was not a totally bad referee like the Turkish one in the Atletico match. I wanted to strangle that guy. This guy made one bad error that I consider a human error.

I blame our team for this loss. We played without grit and acted like the points should be handed to us. Even after they equalised, we still had a lot of time to react and only seemed to push for it the final 10-15 mins. Pioli didn't make good subs, we just hoofed the ball into the air and perhaps hoped for Zlatan to save us.

I don't even think their GK was particularly amazing, he did well on a few occasions but none of his save were 'miraculous' more like our finishing was piss poor.

There is no scandal in this game, it was not rigged and if you think so then you are a baby who can complain. We are a bit unlucky with injuries yeah ok but this is not others fault. I don't feel as angry as the Atletico match.
I don't think it was rigged either. The referee was terrible, but I can't obviousy say corrupt.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm not saying the referee didn't mess up that Messias goal. But I see it as a human error that has been dramatised by the timing of the incident. These things happen, and if you want to be totally honest, when we play weaker teams they usually happen in our favour more than the other way around. The ref screwed up on that act but he was not a totally bad referee like the Turkish one in the Atletico match. I wanted to strangle that guy. This guy made one bad error that I consider a human error.

I blame our team for this loss. We played without grit and acted like the points should be handed to us. Even after they equalised, we still had a lot of time to react and only seemed to push for it the final 10-15 mins. Pioli didn't make good subs, we just hoofed the ball into the air and perhaps hoped for Zlatan to save us.

I don't even think their GK was particularly amazing, he did well on a few occasions but none of his save were 'miraculous' more like our finishing was piss poor.

There is no scandal in this game, it was not rigged and if you think so then you are a baby who can complain. We are a bit unlucky with injuries yeah ok but this is not others fault. I don't feel as angry as the Atletico match.
This is true before var invented.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I am a Milan fan from Turkey / I have been supporting Milan since 99.

There is one thing I want to ask, How do you endure that talentless person called Theo, the man is of no use to the team, I have never seen a positive ball come out of this man's foot in any match I have watched.
Hakan fan.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Of course you can't affect them and I hope with time we get enough good decisions or good luck to balance this shit out, but you can only plan for so much adversity. I'm saying this to counter all the people who suddenly are shitting on the management or Pioli or whoever. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to have a squad big enough to handle this sort of crisis. Kalulu and Gabbia are barely out of the primavera squad and we've been forced to play them for what, the fourth game in a row now? Tomori comes back to save us and instantly snaps his metatarsal?

Our planning, ambition, tactics have been superb since Jan 2019. Prep, maybe we can improve as there must be a reason for all these muscle injuries. But you can't fault the rest.
I like Pioli and I defend him from baseless attacks.. but today's match he did not approach well. I can't fault the lineup because of the obvious limitations of the players availability but you also must question the attitude of some players who are so far from being near their best.

I am thinking of Diaz, Alexis, Messias and Ibra.. seriously wtf is wrong with these players? It's not like they just came back from injury. We need them to be in shape during this period.

Come to think of it, why did Ibra start ahead of Giroud considering the latter's performance in the cup game? Why did Ibra finish the entire match when he seemed dead? Why did Giroud not come in earlier? Why did he remove Leao who was clearly the most dangerous player on the field? Why didn't Rebic come on earlier and for Ibra? To me those were obvious solutions considering the way the game was going. Ibra needed to be removed, keep Leao and bring on Giroud or Rebic.

Then there's the disaster on the right side, where all our attacks seem to terminate. Alexis thinking he is joga bonito, always giving the ball away, unable to play the simple game, he cannot first touch unless it's a fancy flick or whatnot.. and his alternative was even worse, Messias looked like a corpse, with no spring in his heel and no pace at all. I was also going to forget to mention him and Florenzi shooting the ball from half the pitch. This kind of stupidity and selfishness is what kills the team morale and only gives the weak opponents the hope of mustering up something.

I am not surprised we lost, I even wrote here on the group that we need to approach the game with seriousness before it started. I am so disappointed however it how the game played out. It ruined my mood

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like Pioli and I defend him from baseless attacks.. but today's match he did not approach well. I can't fault the lineup because of the obvious limitations of the players availability but you also must question the attitude of some players who are so far from being near their best.

I am thinking of Diaz, Alexis, Messias and Ibra.. seriously wtf is wrong with these players? It's not like they just came back from injury. We need them to be in shape during this period.

Come to think of it, why did Ibra start ahead of Giroud considering the latter's performance in the cup game? Why did Ibra finish the entire match when he seemed dead? Why did Giroud not come in earlier? Why did he remove Leao who was clearly the most dangerous player on the field? Why didn't Rebic come on earlier and for Ibra? To me those were obvious solutions considering the way the game was going. Ibra needed to be removed, keep Leao and bring on Giroud or Rebic.

Then there's the disaster on the right side, where all our attacks seem to terminate. Alexis thinking he is joga bonito, always giving the ball away, unable to play the simple game, he cannot first touch unless it's a fancy flick or whatnot.. and his alternative was even worse, Messias looked like a corpse, with no spring in his heel and no pace at all. I was also going to forget to mention him and Florenzi shooting the ball from half the pitch. This kind of stupidity and selfishness is what kills the team morale and only gives the weak opponents the hope of mustering up something.

I am not surprised we lost, I even wrote here on the group that we need to approach the game with seriousness before it started. I am so disappointed however it how the game played out. It ruined my mood
Because Leao clearly needs to stay sharp. We tried playing him all the time when Rebic was hurt, and he suffered. He's doing amazing now because he's always sharp and rested. We can't have it both ways.

Giroud played 120 minutes this week. It's clear why we started Ibra. Messias scored a winning goal, that's usually good enough, but I agree he didn't do as much as Saelemaekers, who i'm surprised you're not satisfied with this game. He played great! In fact, we lost control a bit when we came off, and conceded soon after. Rebic could only come on for Leao and Pioli wanted to keep him on for as long as he could.

We could have easily won this game, and if we played it exactly the same way again we would win 9 times out of 10. It was just an unlucky day, but we've been having a lot of those lately.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
I am afraid that this ref ruined all season for us.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
we fucking lost this game :fp:

blame the ref all you want, i'd put a hitman on their GK who turned demon tonight

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seething at that result, I want Juve’s head on a stick 3-0 angry charged performance

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would surprise me if that ref at least doesn't get reprimanded for that fuck up. It was another level of amateur.
Seem to remember a similar thing happening earlier in the season can’t remember if it was us or another team that scored and the ref had already blown the whistle without waiting for an advantage I’m sure

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Fuck this amateur ref
Fuck this league
Fuck spit zia gk
Fuck Maldini and Elliot for not reinforcing the team
Fuck Kalulu and Gabia
Fuck Ibra and Messias
Fuck Pioli
And Fuck me for watching this garbage

We can kiss the scudetto goodbye!
Lol no

He's our saviour

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really don’t believe in the luck thing, we just never seem to look determined to bury lower teams-I always think we look complacent and lacking concentration. The performance today wasn’t good enough we weren’t alert and determined. We were lethargic and unmotivated again id say Pioli takes the heat for this. He didn’t manage the game well or have the players fired up

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Because Leao clearly needs to stay sharp. We tried playing him all the time when Rebic was hurt, and he suffered. He's doing amazing now because he's always sharp and rested. We can't have it both ways.

Giroud played 120 minutes this week. It's clear why we started Ibra. Messias scored a winning goal, that's usually good enough, but I agree he didn't do as much as Saelemaekers, who i'm surprised you're not satisfied with this game. He played great! In fact, we lost control a bit when we came off, and conceded soon after. Rebic could only come on for Leao and Pioli wanted to keep him on for as long as he could.

We could have easily won this game, and if we played it exactly the same way again we would win 9 times out of 10. It was just an unlucky day, but we've been having a lot of those lately.
Rested for what? Leao barely played in the cup games, and besides there was a time in the beginning of this season when he was the only forward available and he played almost the entire time. Are you seriously telling me he is unable to play 90 mins vs a Spezia team that keeps handing him the ball? What you said just proved why we lost. It means that we were thinking about the next game vs Juve, rather than finishing the one we're engaged in. This is the disease at the club, there's no curse but this stupid mentality and it should be abolished ASAP.

As for Saelemakers, he lost the ball so many times and he never shoots on goal first time. The only reason you may think he played well was because his replacement was even worse.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Really don’t believe in the luck thing, we just never seem to look determined to bury lower teams-I always think we look complacent and lacking concentration. The performance today wasn’t good enough we weren’t alert and determined. We were lethargic and unmotivated again id say Pioli takes the heat for this. He didn’t manage the game well or have the players fired up
we have wc diaz and grande saele and rotation of samu, messias and daniel - where there is any quality??

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Messias was an amateur tonight. He did score a great goal and I do acknowledge his rather direct approach and sort of clinical qualities but his DHL outfit was really shining tonight.

ardezzo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini
we even missed a penalty in this match. one would think this game was rigged by mafia
the penalty? the stupid referee already decide that was a free kick for Spezia, if not thanks to VAR interference
too bad VAR couldn't do anything on Messias goal

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Now that things have calmed down and I'm in the right headspace, I have to admit I feel a bit sorry for the referee. Yes, he fucked up, but it wasn't a situation where he could consult VAR and then proceed to make the wrong decision like we've seen this season with Atletico's penalty and Kessie's disallowed goal vs Napoli. Here, we are dealing with incompetence but in the form of a basic human mistake by whistling prematurely and not the usual referee mistake as with the aforementioned incidents.

That being said, any apology from FIGC or the referee himself won't compensate for those 3 points lost and that genuinely sucks. It could have a tangible impact come May when CL spots are decided.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
We will likely have 0 (zero) points off the next two games.
This is a breaker, this could break our team :(

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Motherfuckers. We're being robbed by referees all bloody season. First it cost us the CL and now it might cost us the league. We should raise hell, on the pitch and the sidelines, whenever this happens. That's one way it'll stop happening again. We've conducted ourselves with dignity so far but if acting like morons is what will stop this injustice, then so be it. It's disgusting. About time we got our due.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Can't fucking believe this.

Missed the match. Watched the replay first thing I woke up. Had to stop watching at 60th minute to take my son to school. We absolutely dominated and up a goal, I was all smile.

Went back home, resumed watching. Was one of the worst 35 minutes of my life.

Absolutely disgusting referee!

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Turning point of the season. Hold on to top 3 and forget the title.

The thing is, player options are so limited. Do not even bring up spirit, pride and winning gene to carry us through; those are thoughts of garbage.

Love hurts.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I have to agree in this case, it’s easier to get over this mistake because it was an honest mistake. The ref apologised immediately in the moment and later the Italian refs organisation also apologised to us. I’m not saying it redeems the situation, it does not. I’m just saying it’s much easier to get over it rather than matches like vs Atletico for example where it was clear corrupt decisions where VAR could have intervened to stop it and the ref wasn’t remorseful at all. Clear corruption there. That is much worse to me.

Here the ref was remorseful over the genuine mistake and I think I can move on from it now. It hurts, it sucks, I hate it. But the fact that it was an honest mistake makes it easier for me to move on. So let’s get over it and hopefully win vs Inter/Juve back to back

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to see the game visually, but I followed it through live score. Saw we were up 1-0 at half time after missing a penalty (assumed it was a tap in by Leao, later saw it wasn't) and then...1-2. Came back home, saw online about the referee controversy.

This is just too much. It's not too much because the error is sneaky or mean, it's too much because this is the umpteenth time errors happen against us. We were kicked out of the CL because of these "errors" although Cakir is just an Erdogan looking piece of shit with a proven track record of being biased, but even though I can't recall right now, we have other games when we were fucked by refs, important games including that one against Napoli just lately with that out of the world "offside" goal.

I know some guys don't wanna admit it, but I personally see it and clearly as daylight: Serie A and its leaders, whoever the fuck they are, Gravina that piece of shit, UEFA directors and so on, they don't like what we're doing. We're sorting out our finances, we're buying players for cheaper prices and making them into world class, and for some fucking reason, somebody has got something against that. An error can occur one time, maybe two. You have 5-6 errors in crucial games where VAR was used and still the incorrect decision was taken or not taken and all against us. These are no errors now, these are just intentional decisions to fuck us over and that's about it and this is why I have kinda lost interest in this season already, it's just not a leve playing field when it comes to us and to Inter for example, I mean this is the whole fucking point, those 5-6 or 7-8 points do make a difference, a huge one.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The ref made a blunder, should have allowed to play on, but VAR would have cancelled the goal anyway. The replay shows that Rebic fouled the defender, not the other way around.

Anyway, deserved the loss here just for the sheer inability to put away chances.

And people should stop complaining about the refs, they fuck everyone other than juve equally. We will have to deal with it.

Schedule