Week 23: AC Milan - Juventus 23/01/2022 - 20:45 CET

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Ref was very legit. No complaints there. Cuardado deserved an early yellow but thats it.

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lets be honest, we don't have a Scudetto squad, when I see some players missing an easy control or an easy pass, and last decision making is so piss poor, that is not a Champion level. As I read in one of the posts, winning the league is not the goal yet, we are just lucky we are where we are, and finishing in Top 4 is the goal, anything else is bonus.

We have young players with great potential talent we need to build on, and we have trash we need to get rid of, maybe next 1 or 2 years we will have what it takes to challenge for the title.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Why are people moaning about us not getting the penalty? We'd miss it anyway.

But yeah, that should have been a penalty. But Juve didn't get one either when they probably should have so at least the ref was consistent in his judging.
Messias fouling morata in 2nd half could have been a penalty too

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic unlock Theo, it's a long known fact. That's why Rebic vs Leao is still on debate
Why Leao runs out of gas so fast is what I want to know. Sane and Salah run the entire game. Gnabry, Sane, Coman, for Bayern, too.

We need to improve our training methods. Pioli has been a great tactician, he's been a great man-manager, he's elegant in interviews, but he is relegation-level with his athletic training and by sticking with his medical team.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
That was a boring display of football. I love the defensive display but god damn our attack is really toothless. Our AM/RW isn’t elite and we need a mobile striker. Ibra is too old and giroud is too slow

Our attack needs urgent fixing, it’s not just one position, it’s 3 positions.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Ref was very legit. No complaints there. Cuardado deserved an early yellow but thats it.
Cuadrado defo deserved a yellow, either early on or on that foul on Tonali..also the ref could've blown a foul or two on Giroud by Cheillini, other than that a pretty solid performance from the refs for a change

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Less talk about referees this week and more ST/RW brainstorming please

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Ibra would have scored those headers.
Think he wouldve scored at least one.

We cant have both our strikers being ineffective against top opposition - something needs to change next season.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Giroud is the worst football player to have ever played the game. This is why I'm saying that a new ST is the most important signing.
OG as shit as he is still might contribute more than both Diaz & Sale.
Now factor Ibra & Rebic as ST & you will realize how wrong you are.
AM , RW & then a ST in that order.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very hard fought match from both sides. And that pitch was a disgrace. How Ollie didn't put that one header on the goal from like 3 meters is beyond me...

Definitely not the most quality game to watch. Jubes dirty play and that hell of a pitch made it impossible to put somewhat of a decent buildup on the field anyway so I won't reproach that to the team. Definitely more annoyed with some decision makings in the final third where some good runs got completely ignored for another lazy backpass.

Anyway I'm not too disappointed with the result because Juve winning would have put immense pressure on the derby for us. Ofc winning would have been a big relief but drawing doesn't give me sleepless nights.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonetti telling Grillo that he's a moron? JUVENTUS SUCKED TODAY.

Grillo shut the fuck up. I fucking hate him.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Good job Theo for holding back and survive from yellow until now. Next week time to release all of your gasss

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
If it's not lucky football we watch from Inter it's boring football we watch from Juventus. What a league. 👏

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Stop crying about the ref. We should and could have won with the remaining 87 minutes
They also let Messias' great defending on Morata go as well.

They definitely shouldve given the one on Calabria though - after that and the two cards he let most go but the first one was blatant
(and I'm one of the people who is sick of this board crying every game about officiating)

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Again, we can see how weak we are in attack. The moments Ibra was healthy is an indication of how deadly this team could be with a proper CF, the current Ibra is finito, Giroud is not a football player, and I have no idea why Rebic takes months to get back into fitness.

And whether you like it or not, we've regressed at AM compared to last season. Yes Calhanoglu is a cunt of enormous proportion, but his game offered more than Diaz or whoever plays in that position. At least the guy could assist or shoot and his defensive contribution was not bad, I'm not sure what Diaz is meant to do.

On the right, Messias and Saelemakers are competing on who can be worse. Messias moves like he is about to retire, he basically burnt himself out with his heavy pressing in the first 20 mins, and when the opportunity came his way he had no gas in the tank. Saelemakers is good with the ball at his feet, but he is useless the millisecond it leaves him.

On a more positive note, our defense was solid and organised. It should only be right that our attackers pull through this period and compliment the good work of the defence.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonetti telling Grillo that he's a moron? JUVENTUS SUCKED TODAY.

Grillo shut the fuck up. I fucking hate him.
Why would you listen to anyone that analyse football games specially that you obviously dont like him ?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
OG as shit as he is still might contribute more than both Diaz & Sale.
Now factor Ibra & Rebic as ST & you will realize how wrong you are.
AM , RW & then a ST in that order.
LOL

Giroud contributes shit, in the most important position on the pitch. Diaz, Messias and Saele are a god send compared to him.

Ibra is done, he'll be injured on and off for the rest of the season and he's showing really bad form. Rebic could work as ST, but that's yet to be proven. He had some good games there before his injuries, but we can't count on him as our only functional striker for the rest of the season.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
have you all thanked the ref for not giving us a penalty and allowing us to win on our own ability?

:ibralol:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
They should’ve had an even clearer one. The ref wasn’t shit in this match, the two teams playing it

They should’ve had an even clearer one. The ref wasn’t shit in this match, the two teams playing it were
You give me that CLEAR AS FUCK penalty in the third minute, and its a different game.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Think he wouldve scored at least one.

We cant have both our strikers being ineffective against top opposition - something needs to change next season.
Completely agree. Ibra scores a lot, but, he's fucking 40.

We need a striker in the summer, there's no doubt in my mind. I want to get rid of Giroud in the summer. I actually want to keep Ibra for another year, mostly for commercial and sponsorship reasons. I actually believe in the whole "Ibra helps the younger players" idea, too.

But we need a striker. Giroud has been useful against smaller teams, to be fair to him, but I want him to move on in the summer.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Watching this game I think I overrated this team but starting to think management and Pioli might be scared of Ibra hence the renewal and starting matches thing. I’ve been saying for ages my fav Milan is Rebic through the middle. Football has changed since statue strikers like Ibra and Giroud

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri set up for a point in that game, a point was no use for us

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Giroud is incapable of playing a 10 meter pass. Ridiculous

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Watching this game I think I overrated this team but starting to think management and Pioli might be scared of Ibra hence the renewal and starting matches thing. I’ve been saying for ages my fav Milan is Rebic through the middle. Football has changed since statue strikers like Ibra and Giroud
You saw who came on after Ibra? Did you see this Giroud player? Is it a surprise a 40 year old Ibra starts over him?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL

Giroud contributes shit, in the most important position on the pitch. Diaz, Messias and Saele are a god send compared to him.

Ibra is done, he'll be injured on and off for the rest of the season and he's showing really bad form. Rebic could work as ST, but that's yet to be proven. He had some good games there before his injuries, but we can't count on him as our only functional striker for the rest of the season.
OG minutes/goal contribution is better than both.
He is shit , i know , but he should be considered as 3rd ST while Diaz & Sale are starters.
How its logical to upgrade a backup more than two starters ?

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
2 points lost, but if we win the Derby and Inter lose against Napoli in the match after that, then title race is back on.