Week 23: AC Milan - Juventus 23/01/2022 - 20:45 CET

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So frustrating as Juve are really quite poor, not poor as in whipping boys but poor as in Allegri is now just trying to make them hard to beat. The mighty Juventus coming to park the bus but we need to be sharper and ruthless-saying this for weeks but come on to fuck. Junior Messias-I mean Jesus wept that guy is painfully average and it really is showing now-serious lack of quality at times from a side I think I maybe overrated

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kinda boils down to this Spezia game, I thought it at the time but there were huge moments in that game of lack of concentration

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
U can’t win the league signing guys like Messias Jnr can u? Shouldn’t really be a surprise to me but it is. Just really wanted us to kick on and challenge for the league this year and was naive enough to think it was possible

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
OG minutes/goal contribution is better than both.
He is shit , i know , but he should be considered as 3rd ST while Diaz & Sale are starters.
How its logical to upgrade a backup more than two starters ?
It's not about upgrading a backup, it's about demoting him even more.

We need a NEW starting striker.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
OG minutes/goal contribution is better than both.
He is shit , i know , but he should be considered as 3rd ST while Diaz & Sale are starters.
How its logical to upgrade a backup more than two starters ?
Thats like comparing dirt with dirt. The entire attack bar the LW needs revamp. I was not a fan of Hakan and had no problem letting him go, but if Diaz is the best management could have come up with, I would rather we caved in to his demands.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
can we talk about how Tonali is more of a Milanista than whole of our primavera snake pit combined?

mama mia che cazzo
Mama mia what a gem we have in our team. If they only all were like him...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Why Leao runs out of gas so fast is what I want to know. Sane and Salah run the entire game. Gnabry, Sane, Coman, for Bayern, too.

We need to improve our training methods. Pioli has been a great tactician, he's been a great man-manager, he's elegant in interviews, but he is relegation-level with his athletic training and by sticking with his medical team.
(y)

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Wasteful of chances again... and we need to be more clinical. Rebic should've been brought on at half-time, no idea why Pioli took so long :/

Calabrinho did well today and surprinsingly (or not?) was our most dangerous attacking outlet.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Good job Theo for holding back and survive from yellow until now. Next week time to release all of your gasss
Great news, totally forgot about Theo being one yellow away from suspension. Only a positive COVID test could prevent him from run ragging Dumbfries.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri set up for a point in that game, a point was no use for us
They need as many points as they can get. If they don't get into top 4 it's a disaster. If we don't win the scudetto, it's a shame. Big difference.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
one thing is for sure. loca is dogmeat and tonali shits on him
Two things I loved about the game:
Tonali absolutely shitting on Locatelli to the point where he tried to hurt him after he saw him effortlessly glide around again.
Bennacer is back.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great news, totally forgot about Theo being one yellow away from suspension. Only a positive COVID test could prevent him from run ragging Dumbfries.
No chance. He just came back from covid, remember? Was out with Brahim.

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
What's the point anyway. This match showed we can't be title contenders. I really don't care how it ends with Inter, but I'm certain we'll never be able to defeat them.

We have to accept the reality that we're just not good enough. Our objective should be the first top 4 spots. Maybe, as we achieve this constantly for 2-3 years and our books get in line, this ownership will finally start spending some cash. There are so many positions on the pitch in need of quality, especially in the attacking line. I'm tired of watching duds like Giroud, Saladmaker, Brahim, Krunic, Messias and a 40-year-old Zlatan lead our attack.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
7uve looked pretty average
would be great to have better options than diaz-messias and krunic-saele for cam+rw

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
If we couldn't beat this Juve, it's dispiriting. They're rank bad and we should've won handily. Messias and Diaz can't possibly be starters for a team aiming to win the title. It's embarrassing. We should've created way more than we did. It was a supremely underwhelming performance given the stakes.
How good is Sandro. Twenty-one years old and plays like a champ every time he puts on the jersey. I love him so much. I wasn't sure about Kalulu earlier but what composure this guy has for his age. Brilliant prospect.

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
Quick remark. Chelsea played vs Tottenham with the following formation last weekend:

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 17.32.45.png

Midfield with Joriginho, Kovacic and Mount. My question is: why the f*ck couldn't we play with Bennacer, Tonali, and Brahim against Juventus?

Nobody please say Bennacer was tired, cos he played a total of 150 minutes in the AFCON. He was probably the freshest out of all of our players, and it showed on the pitch after he came in.

Every time Pioli insists with this idea of Krunic, be it CM, AM or even on the f*cking wing. And it's like Bennacer-Tonali is an incompatible pairing (how many games have they started together?), when in reality you've got players like Jorginho and Kovacic (just an example on the top of my head) playing together no problem.

I admire Pioli a lot, and I think he's done a great job during his tenure with us. But his formation decisions are always, always, always incredibly myopic and horrible! This team needs quality more than anything else on the pitch right now, and a dud like Krunic is never gonna deliver that. When is he ever going to realise this?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hated Giroud vs Juve, but I really believe in him delivering another strong period this season. Just watched highlights for the first 10 league games, and we were really fun to watch. With the same players we had now. It's the same team.

We will gather steam again, regardless of the derby. The squad is stronger than last season.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Quick remark. Chelsea played vs Tottenham with the following formation last weekend:

View attachment 1189

Midfield with Joriginho, Kovacic and Mount. My question is: why the f*ck couldn't we play with Bennacer, Tonali, and Brahim against Juventus?

Nobody please say Bennacer was tired, cos he played a total of 150 minutes in the AFCON. He was probably the freshest out of all of our players, and it showed on the pitch after he came in.

Every time Pioli insists with this idea of Krunic, be it CM, AM or even on the f*cking wing. And it's like Bennacer-Tonali is an incompatible pairing (how many games have they started together?), when in reality you've got players like Jorginho and Kovacic (just an example on the top of my head) playing together no problem.

I admire Pioli a lot, and I think he's done a great job during his tenure with us. But his formation decisions are always, always, always incredibly myopic and horrible! This team needs quality more than anything else on the pitch right now, and a dud like Krunic is never gonna deliver that. When is he ever going to realise this?
mjFVKqpSGBMKZ7VlOOgM5BtFoMKWQjvAG8RDCG6mnpIu9H1lahDN0bI=s0-d

this is how i imagine you IRL

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Ok champ.
You're pretty much the only new member that I recognise immediately and that's because you're always so negative. :lol: