Week 24: Inter - Milan 05/02/2022 - 18:00 CET

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli: “Signing Giroud and other players who know what it means to win and what you need to win, like Zlatan, Kjaer, Giroud, Maignan, raises the level of maturity, experience and knowledge. These are important lessons the younger players are learning every day.”

Maignan already among leaders. What a player

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Taking my words about Giroud. I can't believe he scored those 2 goals. He needs to do score more often

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Surely a humbling experience for Kessie having lost the duel with Brozovic and then the game turning after a resurgent Brahim took his place. 5.8m looks like a more and more overly generous offer.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
When life givea you limone, make limoncello
97efbe76b93f9a2247c1cdcd99d6ce0c.jpg

fuck thomas lemar
That quote is quite out of context btw...

"We should’ve scored the second goal, while Alexis Sanchez was barged off the pitch practically by Giroud on the goal, but the fact remains if we had taken more of our chances, it wouldn’t have mattered. It’s not a problem, it was a challenge. If you think it’s fair, that’s fine. It’s not the issue, the lads lost their focus a bit after that incident and that’s the problem. The referee let a lot go."

He says it could've been a foul but with the referee giving a lot of fouls go, that it isn't the issue, and Inter should've scored more when they had chances.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Giroud had perfect striker play on the second goal. He was nudging De Vrij and controlling his movement the whole time, and then obviously the great turn and finish. He does things by the book so well

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Straight red is always a three iirc
Since when? They only add more than one if it's dangerous or something. This was just an extreme and blatant professional foul.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That quote is quite out of context btw...

"We should’ve scored the second goal, while Alexis Sanchez was barged off the pitch practically by Giroud on the goal, but the fact remains if we had taken more of our chances, it wouldn’t have mattered. It’s not a problem, it was a challenge. If you think it’s fair, that’s fine. It’s not the issue, the lads lost their focus a bit after that incident and that’s the problem. The referee let a lot go."

He says it could've been a foul but with the referee giving a lot of fouls go, that it isn't the issue, and Inter should've scored more when they had chances.
Yeah, but it gave me the vibe of:

- are you mad?
- no.
- you seem mad?
- no. It's just [Mad wall of text]
[Mad wall of text]
[Mad wall of text]
[Mad wall of text]

fuck thomas lemar

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I would have been excited to see Salad leave but replacing him
Pioli: “Signing Giroud and other players who know what it means to win and what you need to win, like Zlatan, Kjaer, Giroud, Maignan, raises the level of maturity, experience and knowledge. These are important lessons the younger players are learning every day.”

Maignan already among leaders. What a player

It's because Maignan won the league title at Lille.

We owe today's win to him and Giroud. Individual brilliance pulled us through. Sad that this team can literally compete for the scudetto but the owners let us down with a shit mercato. We should have sealed the league title this winter by making a couple of smart signings.

Here's hoping Inter go through their worst injury crises ever and Vlahovic flops.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Giroud was today erything I wanted to be him when he was playing 2018 Fifa World Cup. He did not score, but he was one of best french players .

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
I think we can push for the Scudetto. With Tomori back, Ibra back, Rebic back, we can wrack up the points. Florenzi is huge. Messias is huge. Giroud is huge.

Inter are a team that do not have depth. Their subs were all shit. People keep saying "Inter have depth." They don't. If they had depth, then Conte, and now Inzaghi, would have rotated more. He can't. Because this Inter team is very strong, their first XI, very good. Past that? They are absolutely dogshit.

We've been using our second team for nearly the entire season. And yes, that's partly on us, but we've also had trouble with covid, with AFCON, and so no, this Inter team doesn't impress me, at all.

If we had Kjaer and Tomori today? We would be beating the living shit out of Inter. Rebic to close out this game?

This team is incredible.
Easy.... there.... watch we might be lathering against smaller teams like Spezia. Scudetto winner can't do that.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Easy.... there.... watch we might be lathering against smaller teams like Spezia. Scudetto winner can't do that.
Like Spezia? Ah yes, the game where we had a legitimate goal cancelled that should've been us 2-1 up in injury time but then instead Spezia score 2-1 and the goalscorer is a player who should've seen at least two second yellow cards? I remember that game.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparantly Perisic asked to come off, felt an injury.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
jawz10 said:
Pioli is getting his ass kicked tactically and only changes players not the shape or tactic of the team, ma dai!

Points out that simply replacing Diaz with Kessie was a bad decision tactically, Diaz comes on and changes the game.

“Biggest loser, worst mentality” Lul
Complaining about your award isn't a good way to not look like a loser.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Lads endured a tough first half. But i was glad we conceded before half time... From the kickoff they knew a goal was needed and they went for it.

Im genuinely amazed by this group of lads.

Even if they fail to win silverware, statistically they will go down as one of the all time great serie a teams.

I just cant criticise them. Look at where we were just a few seasons back. Iirc We'd only won one derbi game in about 6 seasons. With Pioli weve taken 7 points from 4 games.

If we cant win silverware, atleast beat these merda cunts so the season is a total waste 😎

Missiom accomplished.

Whatever happens from now til the end of season. This defeat will hurt them

And that makes life just a bit sweeter

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score

Theo also sacrificing himself.

easy to see who cares about Milan and who doesn't. We need to freeze Kessie, he's detrimental at this point.

Exactly only who cares get to play. Everyone else can sit on the bench. Bakayoko should play first then Cashie. Cashie is just a Samson with a haircut. He lost his magic.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Since when? They only add more than one if it's dangerous or something. This was just an extreme and blatant professional foul.

Idk the exact date. But as far back as i can remember a straight red has always been a minimum of a 3 game suspension

Maybe on appeal he could get it reduced to fewer games citing it wasn't dangerous play.

Either way that tackle upped his match rating for me lol

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think they have been dealing with the pressure of being up there, with having Ibra on the squad, people are constantly putting pressure on them.

Kalulu lost his man for the Inter goal, but in the second half? My Lord, he was a monster.

These boys have shown they can handle pressure. The issue is Pioli's training staff not knowing that you can stretch before a game and that when someone is sore, you can ice their muscles. When Pioli's staff figures that out, this team is filled with killers. Maignan, Kalulu, Theo, Calabria, Tonali, Bennacer, Leao, we have a younger core of killers.
I kind of feel that these lads live for the pressure - you can tell just by how this Serie A race is going, they probably don't have any right to have beaten Inter and still be breathing down their necks with 14 games to go. You can tell by how they reacted to the CL group of death after so many setbacks. The Spezia debacle. And so many more examples. This Milan are gamers and they're going to go get it. And they'd rather be disappointed falling short then to not go for it at all.

I said before the game that Milan had to be leading through the first 60 minutes to have a chance. Boy was I wrong. It wasn't Leao or Kessie that would be the match winners. OG to tire after 60 minutes? Wrong. This game was just ridiculous and shows how unique this team is. Whilst the second goal was all-class, it was that first goal that epitomised this team - trailing by a goal and having just been hammered in the first half, like a pack of lions, they were hunting prey. Giroud obliterates Sanchez to win back the ball, 5 Milan players stream forward to outnumber Inter, even Romag is in the middle of this counter! And then it's Giroud that streams forward after winning the ball in the first place to smash home the deflection. Milan simply overwhelmed Inter by force and desire.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
they probably don't have any right to have beaten Inter
This is the only part I disagree with you on. It's weird how if our keeper does well, it means we deserved to lose, but if the other team's keeper does well, and we don't win, then we also deserved to lose.

I think the team came out with a terrible mindset in the first half, and honestly, it starts with Kessie. Messias versus Alexis, I don't think was that big of a change. We played a little better with Messias, but he didn't really do anything super amazing.

When Brahim came on, and we finally had some attacking teeth? Had someone who would fight for the ball, the game completely changed. Completely.

Also, when you are playing without your starting CBs, every team is going to look shaky. You don't want to push up, you don't want to take risks, you're nervous when you have that behind you, but credit to Romagnoli and Kalulu, they stepped up big-time.

This team deserved to win the first derby against Inter, and we should have beaten Juve, both games. Plus, when you have 4 points stolen from you, we should be far ahead of this truly shit Inter. Inter have been bailed out by refs, constantly, this year. Today, the ref literally let each team beat on each other. I think he gave more yellows to us than to Inter for unfair reasons, but whatever, it was a rough game, and he was lucky that nothing controversial happened in the box. He let the teams fight it out.

We've been playing without various patches of our squad, defense here, midfield there, attack there, and we're still pushing for the title. That's not to excuse the training and medical staff, that has to be fixed, but it's to credit Pioli and the boys, they deserve this. Inter have no right to be close to us, that's what I think.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Idk the exact date. But as far back as i can remember a straight red has always been a minimum of a 3 game suspension

Maybe on appeal he could get it reduced to fewer games citing it wasn't dangerous play.

Either way that tackle upped his match rating for me lol
Dangerous play is 3.

You don't get suspended for a last man red for 3 games, for example. Just 1.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
Like Spezia? Ah yes, the game where we had a legitimate goal cancelled that should've been us 2-1 up in injury time but then instead Spezia score 2-1 and the goalscorer is a player who should've seen at least two second yellow cards? I remember that game.
We should have killed the game way earlier than that controversial episode. We didn't.

Same like Fiorentina game.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should have killed the game way earlier than that controversial episode. We didn't.

Same like Fiorentina game.
So, good teams haven't won games close? In the last minute, for example?

We've overcome ref errors a lot this season. These boys are fucking lions.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I just dont want to put extra pressure on the lads if we don't win the title.

Also people will start calling for Piolis head and it would be totally unfair on him at the curremt stage in which we are at.

I know people laugh and call it the arsenal mentality. But im genuinely happy with top 4 lol.

I get one bonus of winning the league is it gibes younan easy ucl group. But i want a tough group. Its no coincidence in this season. Our worst performance came against porto imo. We battered atletico and performed admirably against pool.

But i do want that second 🌟

If we win it will remind me of 99... i just didnt expect it 😂
I want to win and think we should push but the plan is the plan and we are 2nd and just beat the top team that is spending a boatload so I am gonna keep quiet and be all back of the bus and shit (Riddick)

But I have to give it up to Pioli - I dont think there is a top club manager on the planet that could pull this off. Yes others have the ability but thats in a vacuum.
To be at Milan with mostly youth and past it strikers with limited investment each window he has the humility and patience and can continually get the team up to compete no matter what.
Perfect Storm