Week 28: Napoli vs. Milan 6/03/2022 - 20:45 CET

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milannapoli.jpg

I've never opened a thread in my life. I don't believe in curses or superstition, so here goes nothing.

Napoli's last five matches in Serie A: W, W, D, D, W
Milan's last five matches in Serie A: D, W, W, D, D

Napoli have just come off of a last-minute win over Lazio, while Milan drew (unfairly--that's Paolo Maldini and Pioli's position) against bogey side Udinese, before a 0-0 draw against Inter on Tuesday that Milan dominated and should have won.

Last match between Milan and Napoli, Napoli won 1-0, although Milan had their equalizing goal controversially ruled out for a "passive offside" on Giroud, who was on the floor pinned down by Juan Jesus.

There's no way to sugarcoat this, this is one of the biggest games for Milan this season, and after dropping points when we shouldn't have in earlier games and getting cheated out of points in other games, this is a massive match.

Forza Milan!

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Saladflippingsarri.gif

Edit: Sarri is the coach of another team, so salad should the ugly bald coach of Napoli.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When we played Napoli last time, they were missing Koulibaly and Osihmen, but we didn't have Leao and Theo, nor did we have Kjaer.

We were much better than they were, they had one chance, a corner, and Ibra and Tonali fucked up and they scored from it, while we wasted a lot of chances, and again, I cannot emphasize enough, that Kessie's equalizer was ruled for offside, which was widely seen as a farce.

Giroud hasn't scored away from San Siro this season, and that's worrying. There are rumors that Pioli is considering playing Kessie as a CAM--hopefully more like he did against Empoli rather than as the anti-10 he tried when we beat Inter.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Kessie doesn't work at AM, he doesn't have the mobility or technique for it.

In fact the further back he plays the better. If we're playing the 3 minds, I'd rather have Kessie with Bennacer and Tonali ahead of them

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Very crisp and accurate intro, Sam.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Blame @brk if we don't win for being too afraid to open the match thread and curse it.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
What I want is a performance similar to the game against Lazio in the coppa. I want to see us dominate, score some nice goals and easily win the game, we could really need that, especially against Napol in such an important game.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie at am? Pioli cant be that stupid, can he...
It probably means we'll be a lot more compact and try to hit them on the break with Messias and Leao.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What I want is a performance similar to the game against Lazio in the coppa. I want to see us dominate, score some nice goals and easily win the game, we could really need that, especially against Napol in such an important game.
And yet we all know it'll be another stress-filled 90 minutes. :lol: It's never that easy in the league for us.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I've never opened a thread in my life. I don't believe in curses or superstition, so here goes nothing.
Ok , so why mentioning it ?
Now you cursed it :fp:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
No excuses, just kill them

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Kessie doesn't work at AM, he doesn't have the mobility or technique for it.

In fact the further back he plays the better. If we're playing the 3 minds, I'd rather have Kessie with Bennacer and Tonali ahead of them

Only a blind man would play Kessie as AM.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I feel like that Lazio performance was wasted in the Coppa Italia. Would have been far more beneficial in a league match.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
crapoli?

too easy

we crush these fuckers on our way to the title

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Game day!

My prediction for today:
  • 0-0 at half-time
  • Kessie gets a yellow
  • Baka subbed in at around 65'
  • Makes a crucial interception and assists Giroud for a goal. 1-0
  • 88', Milan corner, Baka header goal, 2-0
  • haters swallow their tears
pioli-baka.gif

Schedule