Week 7: AC Milan (3)- Chievo Verona (1) 16/10/2010

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Our next game is again on a Saturday, two weeks later. On paper an easy game, surely if you compare it to the games we will get after this one. So it's important to win this one.

The game starts at 6 pm Italy time (which is 5 pm GMT or 17:00 BST).

rbrakhia80

its G b!tches !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Nesta , Tiago Silva , Serginho , Kaka , dinho, Pato , Sheva , Seedorf...
judging by today's performance , id use the same formation ,i just would start Prince over dorf , i would go with this :
---------------------------Pato------King---------------------------
--------------------------------R80-----------------------------------
------------------Boa---------Maestro-----------Rino-----------------
Anto--------------Kevlar-------------------Shield---------------Zambro
--------------------------------Abs-------------------------------------
if things are going ok and we're winning , id sub flams for rino , and binho for r80 , coz he could do more defensive work if needed , if we need goals id put the dorf for maestro and binho for rino .... Forza Milan:star: let's win this game and go the madrid with confidence:star: ....

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Sandro is more than welcome to do this again, just without the ding to the nose.

Nesta_Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pirlo, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Pato, Mueller, Lahm, Maldini
Sandro is more than welcome to do this again, just without the ding to the nose.

Along with Pirlo's goal to Real Madrid, one of the biggest screams i've done when seeing a goal

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
fuck international breaks.
On the contrary, this is one of the few times when I welcomed International breaks. You see in the game vs Parma most of the players seemed to be very tired with 4 games in 2 weeks. The break will give Ambrosini and Pato to get full recovery and Ibra some rest although I'm afraid he will be playing for Sweden.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On the contrary, this is one of the few times when I welcomed International breaks. You see in the game vs Parma most of the players seemed to be very tired with 4 games in 2 weeks. The break will give Ambrosini and Pato to get full recovery and Ibra some rest although I'm afraid he will be playing for Sweden.

I couldn't be happier with the timing of this break. I just wish Pirlo and Ibrahimovic could stay home haha. Maybe we can start Pato, Robinho, and Ronaldinho with Seedorf in Pirlo's spot in order to give them a break.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Pirlo and Zlatan have played every match for full 90 mins for a while now and then international matches im sure they'll play. I wouln't mind giving them a rest vs Chievo tbh since we have 7-8 super important matches coming up where it'd be tough to rest them.

I say unleash the Brazilian trio.

------Pato------Robinho-------

---------Ronaldinho------------

---Seedorf--Gattuso--Boateng--

Antonini---T.Silva-Nesta--Abate

------------Abbiati-------------

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
------Pato------Ibrahimovic-------

---Flamini--Pirlo--Boateng--

Zambrotta---T.Silva-Nesta--Sokratis

:star:

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Pirlo and Zlatan have played every match for full 90 mins for a while now and then international matches im sure they'll play. I wouln't mind giving them a rest vs Chievo tbh since we have 7-8 super important matches coming up where it'd be tough to rest them.

I say unleash the Brazilian trio.

------Pato------Robinho-------

---Seedorf--Gattuso--Boateng--

Antonini---T.Silva-Nesta--Abate

Abate?:rolleyes:

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well we could play Papa there but Allegri hasn't used him once after that match vs Cesena.. something tells me he aint a big fan!
I would like T.Silva to get a rest and we use Papa instead at CB. We need to give Papa Yepes etc some games to keep them match fit and we all know Nesta is just an injury waiting to happen.

And i just saw our match schedule again and we have enough time in between some matches after the Madrid game so Ibra and Pirlo should start. Robinho on bench.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Well we could play Papa there but Allegri hasn't used him once after that match vs Cesena.. something tells me he aint a big fan!
I would like T.Silva to get a rest and we use Papa instead at CB. We need to give Papa Yepes etc some games to keep them match fit and we all know Nesta is just an injury waiting to happen.

And i just saw our match schedule again and we have enough time in between some matches after the Madrid game so Ibra and Pirlo should start. Robinho on bench.
give a chance to Sokratis. He have of enormous potential. I think mistake against cesena only accident. Nesta, silva sometime make erro!

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair what better option do we have? Hes shit defense wise but at least he makes greats runs.............here and there. Zambrotta in most days cant pull of either.

What i dont want to see is seedorf starting and yaaaay, another saturday night game:/

Il professore

Primavera
Reaction score
Some consistence would be to prefer right now, especially after such a game we had yesterday. The changes could be if any:
Dorf-> Prince and Binho-> Pato.

In time we need better options regarding FB. If Allegri manage to get it to work with the existing players, fine. If not we should look at our youngsters and/or a sweep in January.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Hater.

He looked as solid as Zambrotta at least for the time he was on nit including the penalty appeal.

Vecchio Ultra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Ambrosini - Boban - Savicevic - Dessailly - MVB - Costacurta - Bierhoff
Chievo won in Palermo, don't underestimate them, I'll take a 1-0 gladly.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
Hater.

He looked as solid as Zambrotta at least for the time he was on nit including the penalty appeal.

Not true at all. Abate is horrific, and was a disaster. Almost cost us the game after his introduction yesterday. Match rating should be a 2. He did not do a single positive thing on the pitch. Serie B is his limit

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not true at all. Abate is horrific, and was a disaster. Almost cost us the game after his introduction yesterday. Match rating should be a 2. He did not do a single positive thing on the pitch. Serie B is his limit

Oh really ? And thats why Leonardo played him all season last season and he gets the nod over Papa this year by Allegri

He is young and doesn't have much composure as yet. He was probably just chilling on the bench as Pippo was meant to be the 3rd sub not him. Suddenly in space of 2 mins you tell him to come on and Parma kept coming at us so he panicked.

Due to his speed he gets alot of things done which Zambrotta doesn't(for eg. letting wingers cross less as he can catch up with attacker).. but only thing people notice is when you make a mistake i guess!

Not saying he is amazing or anything, but give the kid a break he is not AS BAD as some of you make him to be.

Nesta_Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pirlo, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Pato, Mueller, Lahm, Maldini
------Pato------Ibrahimovic-------

---Flamini--Pirlo--Boateng--

Zambrotta---T.Silva-Nesta--Sokratis

:star:

Genius :star:

I don't want to see Antonini play this one!

He kinda broke his nose, won't be seeing him for at least a game

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Lets hope we win this in the first 80 minutes rather than the last 10. :tongue:

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

Actually Sweden will only play one match against Holland on October 12, so unless they have a friendly, Ibra will get a good rest..;)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
LOL @ Dinho saying the only 2 Italian words he knows "Mamma Mia!", then doing that hand thing for a bit too long, and THEN going to get a drink of water when everyone else goes back onto the field. :tongue:

I'm a fan of Dinho, but that was funny.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL @ Dinho saying the only 2 Italian words he knows "Mamma Mia!", then doing that hand thing for a bit too long, and THEN going to get a drink of water when everyone else goes back onto the field. :tongue:

Even Abbiati did it for a good few seconds!!

Dinho effect lol!

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We need Pirlo fresh for Madrid. Carlo rested Pirlo Kaka etc in league some times before CL matches and thats one reason we did awesome in CL and not in league. Now we have depth and Chievo at home shouldnt require full strength first team.

So please Allegri tell Pirlo to be in the stands alongside the Maldini family for this one and rest those precious legs and hair of his!

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka

I really lmao when he did that and now when I rewatch the goal and see him doing it I still have to laugh, it's so funny. Dinho is doing it a bit too long and I don't know why, but it's so fucking funny, I can't stop laughing :D

And now back to Chievo, we simply have to win this one, we need confidence and enthusiasm for the following tough schedule and the best way to get it is a victory. Winning this match is important and I hope we score often in this one because I want to see good finishing. You can't convert every chance, but missing too much can hurt you in the end, luckily it didn't happen in Parma, but we simply missed way too much there. Though it was Ibra who missed the most there I think and that was mostly due to him being very tired after all those matches, I'm sure next time he will score again and also Pato is back, so that should help us scoring more.

We may will need to rest some players before Madrid, depends on their nt playing time. I'm glad Zlatan has only one fixture with Sweden, so he will get enough rest in these two weeks, he will have a tough match against Holland, but still it's only one game and that's important.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
italy for euro 2012. lazzari is gonna take a dump on everyone and everything

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
I missed the first half of the Parma game could not find a working link :mad: but caught the second half when a finally found a working link :).
It seemed like a the fluency of play is getting there it was a good win and a stunning goal by Pirlo :proud:.

Ronaldihno seemed to be on great form long may it continue, ibramavic is starting to settle into the link up play more if this continues he will definitely score more goals, i hope Robinho starts to find some form though he missed two or three sitters in the second half he's still struggling to settle in.

overall its looking though or at least starting to look promising the side is more confident and seem to playing more as a team in the words of max allegri
"its getting there we need to be patient"

Schedule