I'm praying Rebic will return quickly.
I know he is well liked but I still feel he is very underrated. His energy, movement and ability to assist among other things is going to be missed. Against teams that don't sit back, he'd be my starting CF. Only because Giroud looks off it and it's been a long time since Ibra started and done as well as Ante.
Other things I note is we lacked a leader today and Tonali on the bench was felt. Kessie didn't match his defensive contribution and we were easily opened up. Kjaer would've been more aggressive too. Samu was never as bad as you lot made out. There was a never reason to dislike him. And I don't mind him being an option off the bench until he leaves in Jan.
i watched replay of 1st half and i dont get why we were so terrible:
- our pressing was bad, not sure if because olig and/or maldini
- rebic was running like crazy trying to do too much rather than playing usual simply
- olig, saele, malidni pretty invisible in 1st half
- not much linking and creativity coming from benna, daniel and saele
- some players trying too much around the pitch like benna being everywhere but not necessary good
- saele stupid losses, rebic trying to dribble by the middle, a few fodeBT bad passes and one lost ball in defense (not sure why people call mostly his name),
calabria trying to do in attack what benna/kessie should (runs and shots)
- defense staying deep rather than with high line (against who- kalinic??)?!
- tomori broke the line and was watching the action on first goal, when calab was left to cover his position (and he didnt) when there was also wide player to be worry about
- leao enter for last 10 minutes and also had terrible plays ...
not sure why so much chaos?! changes?? mentally in porto?? players expecting easy game?? pressure from bad start of this game?? usual crap after nt break??