What book are you reading now? (books)

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Wait... hold on a minute... are you really gonna come forward with the argument that psychologists are not creepy?

All I'm saying is that if you wanna learn about social interaction then meeting and talking to people would be the best option.

Also that is how good phycologists became good.

By studying people, not books.

Ofcourse.

I'm a pretty social guy by nature, it's a strong point of mine,never really had problems with social relationships. But to learn more about motives behind why people do certain things when conversating/discussing, I think it's interesting and that it could be valuable information for me. I don't consider this as manipulating but it allows you to have a better view on things, and sometimes it can benefit you.

See it like this, when you learn how a car functions, it can help you become a better driver in some way. I view this the same way with social and bussines interactions.

I don't think it's creepy but to each his own :beer:

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
kiterunner.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
damn brah what is this 2003

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
everybody said i should read it, even my wife.

but i didn't like it, it's too beautiful for me

It's assigned for a class I'm taking, and I've only just started. We'll see how it goes. A few friends suggested the much celebrated Life of Pi, but damn I despised that book :lol:

I have found that most of the time the praised and highly reviewed writing I dislike. Less known stuff can be just as bad, but certainly you have to try reading something for yourself before you can make any judgement.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ofcourse.

I'm a pretty social guy by nature, it's a strong point of mine,never really had problems with social relationships. But to learn more about motives behind why people do certain things when conversating/discussing, I think it's interesting and that it could be valuable information for me. I don't consider this as manipulating but it allows you to have a better view on things, and sometimes it can benefit you.

See it like this, when you learn how a car functions, it can help you become a better driver in some way. I view this the same way with social and bussines interactions.

I don't think it's creepy but to each his own :beer:

Using tricks consciously for personal gain is manipulative, I never said it wasn't allowed though.

The method for doing so is what was creepy and sorry but the car likeness makes no sense.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
long ago papillon and catch22 have been my fav books, I am almost forgetting about Yossarian now

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Boban and Molly

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
Sophie's World, again.

To anyone into philosophy I'd say it's one of the best.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
images

Quite impressive so far. Same tone as "The name of the rose". Pamuk seems to be the Eastern version of Eco.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
It's assigned for a class I'm taking, and I've only just started. We'll see how it goes. A few friends suggested the much celebrated Life of Pi, but damn I despised that book :lol:

I have found that most of the time the praised and highly reviewed writing I dislike. Less known stuff can be just as bad, but certainly you have to try reading something for yourself before you can make any judgement.

And *i* was called a contrarian :lol:

ON that note i could not get into life of pi, i just couldnt. Maybe it was this inner bias for me to dislike anything that isnt a book series/saga but i dont know, i had to stop 100 pages in.

One good way i avoid reading overhyped shit is i look for its book score on goodreads. Goodreads is sorta like the imdb for books. Real people giving real reviews about it, similar books recommendations also found there etc.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Island of shame

(not foor schoolbook muricans)

some journalists even say that lost Malaysian plane has landed over there

intro

some chapters in pdf

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
images

Splendid stuff, so far. I haven't seen the movie.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Read The Kite Runner. Amazing book. Recommended for everyone :thumbsup:

Ender's Game was a decent book, but I like it less and less knowing more and more about Card. Truly an abhorrent writer and person, in my honest opinion.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
long ago papillon

awesome book, I read it few years back. I enjoy adventures book.

images

Splendid stuff, so far. I haven't seen the movie.

I read the first book about 2 years ago. Was decent to good.
I heard there are about 5 or 6 books?! If/when I have time I ll continue with it.

-----

I m really thinking of buying GoT.
It pisses me of to wait for the show one episode on week and than after season is done break for 8-9 months.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
I'm starting to read Before I go to sleep which I heard is close to Memento since it's about memory loss.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So.. recently bought a Kindle. any body have any good suggestions for entrepreneurial/money making books. Also good non fiction books and interesting autobiographies.

Does anyone use kindle for books, I guess i should ask that first hahaha

Reaction score
cộng đồng internet việt nam la điểm đến ly tưởng cho tất cả mọi người c nhu cầu về dịch vụ Đăng Ký Lắp Đặt Internet FPT Quận Tây Hồ, Hà Nội va Đăng Ký Lắp Đặt Internet FPT Quận Thanh Xuân, Hà Nội va Đăng Ký Lắp Đặt Internet FPT Huyện Thanh Trì, Hà Nội tại việt nam.
lap-mang-internet-fpt-thanh-tri.jpg

Đay la dịch vụ tat nhat hiện nay chỉ co tại internetvietnam.net
Đến đay với chung toi cac bạn sẽ được tư vấn miễn phi về cac dịch vụ lap mang fpt thuong tin lap mang fpt ba dinh va lap mang fpt cau giay. Chắc chắn dịch vụ của chung toi sẽ lam cac bạn hai long.

Last edited:

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Just started with Journey to the End of the Night by Louis-Ferdinand Celine absolutely love the starting but its probably one of those books that take time and you're supposed to understand more and read less.

I always read poetry along side prose , currently its Kusumagraj(Urdu/Hindi poetry)

Last edited:

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
just finished to read Hedge Knight, Sword Sword, Mystery Knight, the Princess and the Queen, Rogue Knight in last 2 weeks

now i'm reading World of Ice and Fire

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
just finished to read Hedge Knight, Sword Sword, Mystery Knight, the Princess and the Queen, Rogue Knight in last 2 weeks

now i'm reading World of Ice and Fire
Started reading George R.R. too.Finshed the first one and now on Clash of Kings.
I need something different between every fantasy book , really hard to keep it reading fantasy all the time.

Along with this I am currently reading Shakespeare's sonnets .

Schedule