What book are you reading now? (books)

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Started reading George R.R. too.Finshed the first one and now on Clash of Kings.
I need something different between every fantasy book , really hard to keep it reading fantasy all the time.

Along with this I am currently reading Shakespeare's sonnets .

Clash of kings is good, don't binge on the series though. It's VERY dark and fucks with your mind if you read it none stop. I had to take a break before reading dance of dragons because it started to get to me :lol:

If fantasy is your thing check out the iron druid chronicles. Thought id hate it but 7 books later...

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Clash of kings is good, don't binge on the series though. It's VERY dark and fucks with your mind if you read it none stop. I had to take a break before reading dance of dragons because it started to get to me

If fantasy is your thing check out the iron druid chronicles. Thought id hate it but 7 books later...
I'll probably take a break after every book and read something light.I was expecting Journey to the End of the Night to be that , but the book is heavy and so good.No wonder Jim Morrison got inspiried after reading it.Great Book,Must Read.

Talking about fantasy fiction,I promised myself that after reading Harry Potter as a kid,I would never read the Genre again with the Exception for J.R.R.Tolkien of course.But the TV series got me really intrigued.George R.R. is good , possibly even great , but nothing compares to Tolkein.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

by

Hunter S Thompson

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I'll probably take a break after every book and read something light.I was expecting Journey to the End of the Night to be that , but the book is heavy and so good.No wonder Jim Morrison got inspiried after reading it.Great Book,Must Read.

Talking about fantasy fiction,I promised myself that after reading Harry Potter as a kid,I would never read the Genre again with the Exception for J.R.R.Tolkien of course.But the TV series got me really intrigued.George R.R. is good , possibly even great , but nothing compares to Tolkein.
Im telling you, if you need something light, entertaining and funny The Iron Druid chronicles is worth checking out

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Done with A Clash of Kings and wanted a change so I started with Anton Chekovs Plays(The Sea Gull,Uncle Vanya,The Three Sisters and The Cherry Orchard).
Great Writer.

Also have to add Turgenev and Pushkin to the reading list.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Damn, I'm too picky with what I read. Anyone got a good fiction novel worth checking out? No YA please

Going to recommend the ol' Great Gatsby. A school favourite, but still. Epically wonderful book language and writing wise.

Clash of kings is good, don't binge on the series though. It's VERY dark and fucks with your mind if you read it none stop. I had to take a break before reading dance of dragons because it started to get to me :lol:

I'm binging. On Storm of Swords. I suppose that binging does limit the effectiveness of tough chapters but I just can't get enough. Still, it's great. Fucking abhor Tyrion though. He might as well be called 'Plot Armour dwarf'. He's more intelligent than anyone we've seen, kills more people than The Hound and has a bigger penis than show Podrick. I mean, what is even going for him? Every single comment is some sarcastic jibe ... it's just not good.

Done with A Clash of Kings and wanted a change so I started with Anton Chekovs Plays(The Sea Gull,Uncle Vanya,The Three Sisters and The Cherry Orchard).
Great Writer.

Also have to add Turgenev and Pushkin to the reading list.

Continue on. Storm of Swords is great. Perhaps in the 2nd half I'll feel drained, but atm it's going fine. It is far longer but still.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Going to recommend the ol' Great Gatsby. A school favourite, but still. Epically wonderful book language and writing wise.

I'm binging. On Storm of Swords. I suppose that binging does limit the effectiveness of tough chapters but I just can't get enough. Still, it's great. Fucking abhor Tyrion though. He might as well be called 'Plot Armour dwarf'. He's more intelligent than anyone we've seen, kills more people than The Hound and has a bigger penis than show Podrick. I mean, what is even going for him? Every single comment is some sarcastic jibe ... it's just not good.
He's by far my favorite character

Spoiler:
in part because virtually everyone in that series bar the dragon queen is either insane or a psychopath :lol:. I got used to his sarcastic antics because I know his role (I hope anyways) in the coming novels will be very large. Ironic such a short guy has such a large personality, eh?

I've read the Gatsby and watched the movie, got any others? I'm not too big on classics tbh, I can't seem to get into them enough to really appreciate them as much as other people seem to

Reaction score
Recently I was reading this book Before I Fall , It's really nice !

LOOK AND SEE

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Zero to One by Peter Thiel.

a great book written by founder of paypal. inspiring advice for wanna-be entrepreneurs

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
recently finished

Thinking, Fast and Slow

Kahneman

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I tried reading The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham once, and I didn't understand it twice. OMG.
may I get some advice how to understand it? it seems like you must at least have basic in economics, and I'm a pilot. LOL.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
my bad, meant to put astronomy

it's written by the anonymous group.....it's not really speculation, it's a gathering of informative evidence

i was very sceptic to read this one, it turned out to be very precise

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
my bad, meant to put astronomy

it's written by the anonymous group.....it's not really speculation, it's a gathering of informative evidence

i was very sceptic to read this one, it turned out to be very precise

Ok, will check it out! I'm currently finishing Leviathan Wakes (gotta have a dose of fiction here) and im half way through A Mathematical universe so once im done with those ill give it a shot

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I started houellebecq's submission this morning and couldn't put it down, just finished it. Might as well have been platform pt. 2

Really enjoy him

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I loved submission.
Some of my friends say it's his best book... Idk, probably still elementary particles to me
But it's close. His most powerful narrative and the most solid book

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
RIP Umberto Eco. Easily the writer who has influenced me the most.

The heady craziness of Faucault's Pendulum.. lovely peek into Italian history and lit in Queen Loana.. perfectly done medieval murder mystery in Name of the Rose.. No author comes close to him in his genre.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Federer and Me: A Story of Obsession.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Trying to start reading a new sci-fi series.
Got 4 choices narrowed down.
Commonwealth Saga by Peter F. Hamilton
The Night's Dawn by Peter F. Hamilton
The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons
The Foundation by Isaac Asimov

Anyone read any of those and can recommend?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Foundation... massive story.

Read that

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Foundation... massive story.

Read that

That one kinda scares me, tbh. There's 15 books if you include 'Empire' and 'Robot' which are in the same universe. And I like to be thorough, so I won't just read the trilogy. Las time I read something this big was Wheel of Time and it took me almost 2 years to finish.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
That one kinda scares me, tbh. There's 15 books if you include 'Empire' and 'Robot' which are in the same universe. And I like to be thorough, so I won't just read the trilogy. Las time I read something this big was Wheel of Time and it took me almost 2 years to finish.

Read the first book in the trilogy

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Recently started with America by Franz Kafka. I have read The Trial and was blown away, no words to describe that book. A must read for anyone.

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Football Books I have read :

1) Inverting the Pyramid
2) Soccernomics
3) Every Boy's Dream : England's Future on the Line
4) Retired

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Reading Stephen King's IT for the first time since I was 12.
Still freaks me out.

TV adaptation scarred my childhood.

Schedule