Where will everyone watch the first game?

Where will you watch the first game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
I guess it depends what time of the day it is in the different parts of the world! The bars won't be open yet here, so I will be watching it with friends... we have go out and buy a lot of booze first, though, so we can really enjoy watchin Costa Rica win! :D

Last edited:

Rex

Reaction score
The first fixtures of Germany vs Costa Rica ? Since it will be broadcasted in midnight (in my 'planet' :D) I'd rather watch it at home. Home sweet home! :tongue:

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
First game at home. Maybe for the round of 16 and so on, when is getting more interesting, i'll go to a pub.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
The congress is looking at a project to let those 2 hours(or the whole day) free for public employees, in which case I wouldn't have trouble staying home, and watch the game with the people who do know football(my family).

Otherwise, I have classes starting at that exact moment, it will depend, if the teacher leave us some homework to deliver, I will go and hand it her several minutes before, and run to the nearest bar, or the nearest tv set(which I hate beacause they are usually filled up with people with zero knowledge of football).

If there's nothing to give to the teacher, I, of course, will stay home, and depending on the result will go to celebrate later(it will end at 12:00 md, so if we get a tie or a win, I will first have lunch, and then celebrate or take a nap, if we lose, I'll have lunch, and take the nap for sure).

Of course, we are already in talks with the teacher to negotiate that class, but trust me, no matter what, I won't even miss singing the national anthem in that game. And I'm a 100% sure that none of the 4 millions "ticos" in here(and who knows outside of here) will miss that game.

Last edited:

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
I still don't know, depends on what time it is here ... it'll probably be after midnight so might be watching at home or at bar.

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Home, I guess.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
The congress is looking at a project to let those 2 hours(or the whole day) free for public employees, in which case I wouldn't have trouble staying home, and watch the game with the people who do know football(my family).

Otherwise, I have classes starting at that exact moment, it will depend, if the teacher leave us some homework to deliver, I will go and hand it her several minutes before, and run to the nearest bar, or the nearest tv set(which I hate beacause they are usually filled up with people with zero knowledge of football).

If there's nothing to give to the teacher, I, of course, will stay home, and depending on the result will go to celebrate later(it will end at 12:00 md, so if we get a tie or a win, I will first have lunch, and then celebrate or take a nap, if we lose, I'll have lunch, and take the nap for sure).

Of course, we are already in talks with the teacher to negotiate that class, but trust me, no matter what, I won't even miss singing the national anthem in that game. And I'm a 100% sure that none of the 4 millions "ticos" in here(and who knows outside of here) will miss that game.
For me, the WC is definitely a country's most important event; more than the Olympics or even lessons. I know that here in Fiji, where watching Rugby 7s are like breathing, people just call in sick to work if they aren't allowed to watch... so it makes much more sense to bring a TV to work and show your employees that you are a good company. I wouldn't work anywhere that didn't show it.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
SempreRossoNero said:
For me, the WC is definitely a country's most important event; more than the Olympics or even lessons. I know that here in Fiji, where watching Rugby 7s are like breathing, people just call in sick to work if they aren't allowed to watch... so it makes much more sense to bring a TV to work and show your employees that you are a good company. I wouldn't work anywhere that didn't show it.

Well, trust me, if they don't give it a day, everyone will call up sick(even the congressmen/women that didn't let the project pass). We aren't exactly hard workers, specialy the public employees, so that wouldn't be a surprise.
Come on! How many times will CR open a WC? No way someone will lose that.

Lucky my aunt and her housband and one her sons, they will be watching it from none other place than Allianz Arena.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
In my college's library.. Hope i wouldn't be banned this time.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

Billy1969

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Savisevic, Albertini, Gattuso
I won't watch as my country isn't qualified. I don't give a shit who wins it when my country doesn't play :D

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
College , big-screen TV , with books in front of me also .. but even I have the last push for the exams in that time , I wont care.. I wont miss even one match.. hope so ;)

brajo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
13/06/2006 - Brasil-Croatia...

I've managed to get my hands on my national team's shirt; I'll wear it and together with my friends enjoy the game at a bar equipped with hectolitres of beer.... GO CROATIA !!!

HrvatskaCombria1V.jpg

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
besikaka said:
College , big-screen TV , with books in front of me also .. but even I have the last push for the exams in that time , I wont care.. I wont miss even one match.. hope so ;)
What do you mean the big-screen TV? That is in your dormitory or in a public place ? Your post made me recall something when i studied in a university in China on 2004, China had a game VS Hongkong at 19:30pm in Chinese time. We would have a test on next day, but all of us went to our cafeteria, there are 12 big-screen TVs in cafeteria, i guess more than 4000 people were here at that time to watch that game. Although at finally we lost the quality to enter WC after that game, when i recall the exciting process, i still very happy:)

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
my friend's house

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Well my house it is

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Home, with one hand at crisps and a big glass of Pepsi in other hand =)

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I will be watching World Cup games with my roommate at dorm. As usual , we hv different favorite teams so yeh , we gonna bet all the big matches if our teams happen to come face to face . :)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll be watching at home and will be looking for old videotapes to record some of Brazil's matches.

I'm not a drinker, otherwise I'd be visiting a bar to watch.

Yuchen: 12 big screens in your cafeteria? Wow...how big is your cafeteria?

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Yuchen: 12 big screens in your cafeteria? Wow...how big is your cafeteria?
That is no surprise. I should explain it more clearly. When i was in the University in China, because we have the largest population, the University also has a lot of students, maybe more than 20,000. So the cafeteria is very big and it is 3 storeys !! The 12 big screens are average on the 3 storeys, i mean 1 storey only has 4 big screens, the totally are 12. Not too much. And in Chinese University, 95% students live on campus + our dormitories don't have kitchen, so everyone must go to cafeteria to eat food. That's why the cafeteria is big.

And i feel Okanagan College's cafeteria ( the college which i am studying in Canada right now ) is very very small !!

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
i will watch it at my friends place :)

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
damn it!! I hate Mexican Education Secretary!!
I had June the 9th free to watch the game! but they had to ruin it and set for my school an obligatory exam of 2 hours, exactly in the same hour as the game!!! :mad: :cry:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
vani_pirlo_21 said:
damn it!! I hate Mexican Education Secretary!!
I had June the 9th free to watch the game! but they had to ruin it and set for my school an obligatory exam of 2 hours, exactly in the same hour as the game!!! :mad: :cry:
Why don't you combine all of the students to ask the teachers change the exam time ?? i think if more than 75% students want to change the time, the teachers maybe will obey yours.

Gook luck !

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Yuchen Fish said:
Why don't you combine all of the students to ask the teachers change the exam time ?? i think if more than 75% students want to change the time, the teachers maybe will obey yours.

Gook luck !

they would only accept if it was the final with Mexico in it... but we'll try...

Schedule