Wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia

“Shevchenko will be replaced by someone worthy of him, but we won’t sign a big star unless he’s useful to the side. Didier Drogba and Ruud Van Nistelrooy are centre-forwards, so they wouldn’t substitute Shevchenko in the system. I say no to Ronaldo, as it’s impossible to get close to a Real Madrid player without getting bled dry.”

Maybe this can be merged with the Shevchenko thread... but I think it can stand alone as Galliani made it clear that we are looking for wingers

who are the best winger options out there??

Someone said Liverpool have Mark Gonzalez (left winger) but Im not so sure everything is finalized. He would be one of my top choices.

What other top wingers are there that we could sign??

note for passion:
AND BY THE WAY, I GOT WINGERS BECAUSE WHEN THEY AREN'T CENTER FORWARDS, THEY ARE WINGERS! IF I WANTED A DISCUSSION ABOUT GALLIANI'S GENERAL TRANSFER PLANS I WOULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO IT. AT THE MOST THIS IS A SHEVCHENKO REPLACEMENT CONTRIBUTION.

Last edited:

Rick

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Marco van Basten
Liverpool signed Gonzalez last year, but he wasn't able to play in England because he couldn't get a work permit. They are hoping he can get one this year.

As for wingers, I would love to have Robben from Chelsea, but his dad/agent has been making noises about a Real Madrid move. However, I recently saw Robben do one of those "plus-10" things on a World Cup preview show and about half of his 10 were current or former Milan players, including his boyhood hero and current national coach, Marco van Basten. So I'm hopeful that Robben will be at Milan someday. I just doubt it will be this year.

I like Frank Ribery of Marseille a lot, but it appears he's headed to England.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
SempreRossoNero said:

“Shevchenko will be replaced by someone worthy of him, but we won’t sign a big star unless he’s useful to the side. Didier Drogba and Ruud Van Nistelrooy are centre-forwards, so they wouldn’t substitute Shevchenko in the system. I say no to Ronaldo, as it’s impossible to get close to a Real Madrid player without getting bled dry.”

Maybe this can be merged with the Shevchenko thread... but I think it can stand alone as Galliani made it clear that we are looking for wingers

Someone said Liverpool have Mark Gonzalez (left winger) but Im not so sure everything is finalized. He would be one of my top choices.

note for passion:
AND BY THE WAY, I GOT WINGERS BECAUSE WHEN THEY AREN'T CENTER FORWARDS, THEY ARE WINGERS! IF I WANTED A DISCUSSION ABOUT GALLIANI'S GENERAL TRANSFER PLANS I WOULD HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO IT. AT THE MOST THIS IS A SHEVCHENKO REPLACEMENT CONTRIBUTION.
I think that more than a winger we are looking for a forward with more dribbling and play outside the area, just like schevchenko. I dont see Mialn playing with wingers.

Btw did you see the announcement that says that threads wont be merge but close if they are already similar to existant ones?

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
If we're to sign a winger, I hope its Joaquin.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
D.Maradona P.Maldini R.Baggio Kaka
Joaquin - He can wear the No.7

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
SempreRossoNero said:

note for passion:
Mate if they aren't a centre forward they are Strikers.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Whats all the fuss on Jaoquin!!??? He played good at the 2002 WC but he hasn't done anything miraculous since?

Not to mention his buy out clause is like 150 Million Pounds.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
note for passion:
First, next time you address me, turn off the caps.

Second, nowhere in Galliani's statement you find references to wingers. You may have miscomprehended the English translation, here's the Italian original for you: http://www.acmilan.com/it/NewsDetail.aspx?IdNews=71612
He's talking about a successor to Sheva-- since when has Sheva been a winger ?

Third, this sub forum has seen an inflation of useless threads + as many complaints from other forum members about the ensuing chaos. Consequently the admin + mod crew has decided to put a stop to it + enforce posting guidelines more strictly than before. Useless thread inflation will not be tolerated any longer + threads will not only be locked but DELETED, so do yourself a favor + don't waste your time.

If you want to talk about formations you can do so in the Discussions forum. If you want to talk about Galliani's statement you can do so in the existing thread right here in Transfers. If you want to talk about your dream wingers you can do so in Dream Signings.

Fourth, as much as you may dislike me for whatever reason + are tempted to turn this forum into another battlefield + powergame, as much I expect you to get over yourself + act like your status as a forum veteran + intelligent person suggests: responsible + mature.

I expect you to respect posting rules which include Kyara's recent announcement. I expect you to help reorganize this sub forum + make it more user-friendly. I expect you to put your resentments against my person aside for the good of the forum + set a positive example for new forum members.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.