The Rumour Commode XVIII

Will the sale be officialized in this edition of the Commode?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As long as Romagnoli lets his hair grow, the likes of Allan and Nestafan shall await the new Nesta that never will be. Good player he is,but "new Nesta?" Light years away.

well have u seen nesta play in 98 wc??(same age)
cause i have and he wasnt light years away from current romagnoli
he was talented as romagnoli is and he worked to develop it

thats what roma needs to do(i m a bit concerned too cause he stalls in his development last couple of months)
and the best way to do it is by playing top flight football(cl football) and by having some kind of mentor next to him(not necessarily but it will help me a lot)

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As long as Romagnoli lets his hair grow, the likes of Allan and Nestafan shall await the new Nesta that never will be. Good player he is,but "new Nesta?" Light years away.

Why mention me? I haven't compared him once to Nesta since it's an unfair comparison.

And I don't think there will be another Nesta any time soon and I don't see Romagnoli reaching that level. But if Romagnoli can become as good as Barzagli, I think every Milan fan would be happy.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Why mention me? I haven't compared him once to Nesta since it's an unfair comparison.

And I don't think there will be another Nesta any time soon and I don't see Romagnoli reaching that level. But if Romagnoli can become as good as Barzagli, I think every Milan fan would be happy.

Nesta is a once in 20 years era defining player. Top 5 defenders of all time.

Romagnoli has world class potential if we are comparing to current defenders, which is a more fair comparison. Romagnoli could be in the top 5 centerbacks in the world in a few years if he reaches his potential in my view.

Next Nesta? I think I can safely say he won't ever reach that level, as he lacks the athleticism that prime Nesta had to go along with the passing skills, game reading abilities and grit that they both have in common. Nesta had no flaws in his arsenal, literally the perfect centerback.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Why compare the 21 years old Romagnoli with Nesta, a player who arrived in Milan when he was 26 years old?

I haven't watched Nesta with Lazio, but was he better than Romagnoli when he was 21? I really don't believe he was.

I agree the comparison is a bit unfair because Nesta, like many say here, was an incredible defender, but it must be said Nesta's performances between 1997 and 2002 (before he joined us) easily surpassed what Romagnoli is doing right now. If I remember correctly, he was captain of Lazio at age 21 as well.

Context is important--Lazio were a solid team back then, far better than what we're currently.

I think Romagnoli has all the tools to develop into a fantastic defender, but Nesta is rare.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Belotti is so fucking good. I swear the first 30 mins or so was belotti vs milan. Fucker was everywhere. If he continues like this throughout the season he won't be sold for less than 40 even 50.

That low ?..Dude on course to easily break 30goals and has a €94m release clause.Now he wont go for that much and its for teams outside Italy , but when he is put in the window you'll have English clubs and PSG bidding and he'll prob go for €70m something like Martial maybe €40-45m now and another €20/25m in as ons.If Milan want him theyll have dig deeper than they ever have before ...and by some margin

I remember Nesta at 21 and he was better than Romagnoli.Faced far far better players also.Thats not a dig at Roma as hes a very good CB for his age and by the time he is 26/27 will be one of the best.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
No one actually believes that he will be the next nesta. But hopefully he will be a world class defender.

He has a wonderful season so far and alongside paletta forms the top 3 cb partnerships in serie a so far this season.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
he was beast with sinisa

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
If only a Premier club came offering 15-20m for Niang and Fenerbache or a Chinese club paid like 10m for Sosa. Suddenly we have some money to spend.

some people will get depressed after we sell niang :(

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fenerbahce are not giving up on Sosa and want to convince him on a move. Sosa's agent will be in Italy on Wednesday. [@DiMarzio]

Hope we sell the fodder. And then his lovers (morons) can cry.

Don't think there are any Sosa lovers on this forum. Where'd you get that idea?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If only a Premier club came offering 15-20m for Niang and Fenerbache or a Chinese club paid like 10m for Sosa. Suddenly we have some money to spend.

I know it feels like he is around for ever and he is a frustrating player but 15m from a PL club would be very low for Niang, he has to grow a lot on a mental level but the talent is there and the amount of games in top leagues he was able to accumulate in his young age are far from a given.

I wound´t think about selling him for under 20M to a PL club, I´d rather keep him. No reason to push young players with potential out.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

come on brah, Romagnoli is still 21 years old. One bad performance, and here you are, judging him like he is not a world class defender.

so you mean Nesta never had any bad performance when he was 21years old?
oh come on brahh... fuck off

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know it feels like he is around for ever and he is a frustrating player but 15m from a PL club would be very low for Niang, he has to grow a lot on a mental level but the talent is there and the amount of games in top leagues he was able to accumulate in his young age are far from a given.

I wound´t think about selling him for under 20M to a PL club, I´d rather keep him. No reason to push young players with potential out.

He will be at his best as a CF or SS. If the plan is to continue him as a winger then I don't think he really has a future at Milan. From the rumors it looks like new ownership is going to upgrade at his winger position and even the forward spots.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He will be at his best as a CF or SS. If the plan is to continue him as a winger then I don't think he really has a future at Milan. From the rumors it looks like new ownership is going to upgrade at his winger position and even the forward spots.

At the moment he isn´t starter material but a Niang in great form can bench some players.
For the next 1,5 years I see him as 3rd striker - and 3rd or 4th winger, with Honda and Adriano out and Bona playing CM too there will be minutes for him even if we sign two new attackers.

I can see him as a winger in 4-3-3 but not in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
It is fair to say that Roma isn't Nesta. Nesta was an absolute exceptional player and to get to his status is a monumental challenge. Also, Romagnoli did have an awful game today. Some people just go way overboard with the criticism tough. Part of the bad performance was him still recovering from his sickness, it was completely out of character and obviously the exception to the norm. Romagnoli overall is absolutely amazing for his age and I absolutely trust that he will become a worldclass defender.

Adding to that, the red card was complete bullshit. That was not a foul worthy of a yellow card.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nesta is a once in 20 years era defining player. Top 5 defenders of all time.

Romagnoli has world class potential if we are comparing to current defenders, which is a more fair comparison. Romagnoli could be in the top 5 centerbacks in the world in a few years if he reaches his potential in my view.

Next Nesta? I think I can safely say he won't ever reach that level, as he lacks the athleticism that prime Nesta had to go along with the passing skills, game reading abilities and grit that they both have in common. Nesta had no flaws in his arsenal, literally the perfect centerback.

Let's not forget Nesta's aerial game either ;)

He truly was a complete CB.

Romagnoli could be a top CB in a few more years but he desperately needs to work on his aerial game for that to happen. Paletta is the only one in defense who wins those important aerial duels consistently and it's one reason why he's been irreplaceable in defense this year.

DekiDekz

Post-Modern Hermit
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan
Belotti scores against us again. Twice in 4 days.

Is he the real deal or would he flop hard if we got him here like most mid table players.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
It's reaching to compare Roma with Nesta anyway. The latter was far more talented. However, Roma is a good talent and he's playing well for his age. Most defenders get only better with age. I'd like to keep him for the next 10 years unless he becomes absolutely disastrous.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Romagnoli plays one bad game and all of a sudden he's not as good as he was a week ago, this forum is laughable at times seriously. Didn't help that Montella fielded Pasalic and Bertolacci who both like to get forward. That's a recipe for disaster when you've instructed your fullbacks to get forward also. Paletta and Romagnoli had little to no protection for the majority of the game, Kucka should've started last night simple as that. Especially considering Torino have two pretty good wingers and the in form striker in the league, Montella made a selection error last night.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Let's not forget Nesta's aerial game either ;)

He truly was a complete CB.

Romagnoli could be a top CB in a few more years but he desperately needs to work on his aerial game for that to happen. Paletta is the only one in defense who wins those important aerial duels consistently and it's one reason why he's been irreplaceable in defense this year.

and that is why we need Eric Bailly to play alongside with Romagnoli.
but yeah. don't explain. I know.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
During today, there is a new contact between AC Milan and Everton for Gerard Deulofeu, the first goal for the Rossoneri in the market. As explained this morning La Gazzetta dello Sport, the two clubs will try to find a viable solution for everyone: for street Aldo Rossi company, which has close to zero balance its market, to the British, who somehow still intend to earn , and for the player who is pushing for some time for the sale.

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Always had time for Niang and thought he would turn in to a very decent player. But his attitude when he came on last night was disgraceful. Strolling round the pitch uninterested like he was in a day dream. He may be lacking confidence but that's no excuse for lack of application.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli is 21 years old, give hime a break. He normally never takes a Yellow card or make a foul. He has a big future ahead of him, he is a great talent. Even Nesta wasn t as good as him on this age. Nesta came here when he was 26 and he had great players with him. Romagnoli normally always play a good decent game. 1 bad day and he isnt good anymore ? Lol
With this team i think hes doing a great job so far

Last edited:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
The other day I was watching Roma-Lazio from 2001. Roma won 5-1, Montella scored a super hattrick and he literally anally raped our beloved Nesta. I swear Nesta looked like even worse than a schoolboy. He was hugely at fault for every single goal. It was laughable, how was that even Nesta? But it actually happens, everyone can have bad performances. Romagnoli was sick for a whole week, and only trained once with the squad. He was clearly not match fit... give the boy a break, hes had a fantastic season and we're top three defensively this season.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Obviously Romagnoli had a very bad game yesterday, but i mean that happens

But srsly stop camparing him with Nesta, they are very different style and era defenders

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani has arrived at Casa Milan. Milan will receive Everton's response today on the loan of Deulofeu [@Cmdotcom].

Leptiran

Rumours-Morning shift
Reaction score
Belotti scores against us again. Twice in 4 days.

Is he the real deal or would he flop hard if we got him here like most mid table players.

He remaind's me on Boriello when he was at his best, but it is hard to see now how much better he will be in future.

For now he is lethal against us and offcourse everyone would like to see him in squad but on what price...

Also, i cannot belive how good suso become, every game he become better and more confident..

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Romagnoli next nesta lmao...he need to reach paletta level first.

Yeah paletta is awesome...he won most of aerial batles so far.

The best defender in serie a imo.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We can clap our hands with a player like Suso. Luckily Montella gave him a chance otherwise he was still on the bench maybe. I hope Milan Will get a CL spot for next season.. otherwise he will make a transfer to a big club. His value will only raise now

Romagnoli next nesta lmao...he need to reach paletta level first.

Yeah paletta is awesome...he won most of aerial batles so far.

The best defender in serie a imo.

Hehe.. I think Bonucci, Coulibaly, De Vrij,.. are 2 steps above him.
But he s solid this season yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule