The Rumour Commode XIX: A LI-gue of Our Own

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My hope is we end up with Belotti. He's Italian, will cost much less overall than Morata, and is younger than Auba. The fact that he's a Milan fan and apparently a very good kid, works hard is the reason why I want him.

This is my hope for next season, and i'm shocked to see myself thinking that it's reasonable. Times have changed...

-------Belotti
Gomez-----Suso
Bona--Biglia--Kessie
RR--Roma--Musa--Conti

Can be a 4231/442 also with Bona left and Gomez behind Belotti.

RR and Biglia this week. (Biglia is amazing)
Soon for Conti and Donnarumma renewal.
Hope for Bellotti and Gomez.

That team may push to finish at most 4th. The midfield and wings need to be upgraded from this formation of yours. Need someone better than Bonaventura in that midfield spot. Also we can do better than Gomez.

Last edited:

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I think its so naive to assume Torino have a need to sell. People here thinking that his price will drop to 60m without any players involved is baffling.

Realistically it'll something like 70m+players

Forza Milan USA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Don't believe one minute that the Morata talks are all the sudden closed now. He just won the CL with Real. Of course, he isn't going to say shit about what's next in his future other than wanting to play for the team he just won with in an interview conducted within minutes and hours of the final whistle of the game. All the rumors and "talks" will start up again by the end of this week I bet.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That team may push to finish at most 4th. The midfield and wings need to be upgraded from this formation of yours. Need someone better than Bonaventura in that midfield spot. Also we can do better than Gomez.

The idea is that the fullbacks will push waaaay up, much more than we're used to. In attack Biglia will drop deep so Musa and Romagnoli can go wide covering. Bonaventura and Kessie linking midfield and shuttling, Conti and RR pushing high and wide to spread their fullbacks, and Gomez and Suso cutting inside to overload and force their fullbacks to decide. This is a typical 433.

But we can also play 442 with the same players, Suso and Bona out wide, and Gomez up front with Belotti. This is much better defensively and allows for quick counters.

The names don't matter as long as the players fit the team strategy, and it seems very clear that Mirabelli/Montella are in total agreement about the profile of players they need.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Papu can certainly do it, yes, but is really a good enough player? He is 29 and has spent his career in mid table teams where he has been the undisputed top player. I would only want him as a backup to the main player we buy for that role and only is he isn't a burden on the budget.

Papu Gomez is an incredible player who most people underestimate. For instance I believe he is better than jack at the LW position. He's had 2 incredible seasons in a row and he is stats wise the best player in the league in 2017. Very intelligent player and seems like a fun guy too...

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I think its so naive to assume Torino have a need to sell. People here thinking that his price will drop to 60m without any players involved is baffling.

Realistically it'll something like 70m+players

if he plays one more season at this level, his price won't increase (still 80-100m). If he doesn't score more than 20 goals (or gets injured) Cairo can lose a lot of money

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The idea is that the fullbacks will push waaaay up, much more than we're used to. In attack Biglia will drop deep so Musa and Romagnoli can go wide covering. Bonaventura and Kessie linking midfield and shuttling, Conti and RR pushing high and wide to spread their fullbacks, and Gomez and Suso cutting inside to overload and force their fullbacks to decide. This is a typical 433.

But we can also play 442 with the same players, Suso and Bona out wide, and Gomez up front with Belotti. This is much better defensively and allows for quick counters.

The names don't matter as long as the players fit the team strategy, and it seems very clear that Mirabelli/Montella are in total agreement about the profile of players they need.

I would rather see Bonaventura get moved back up to wing then you could bring in someone at a reasonable price like Gomez or bring back Deulofeu to be in the mix as well to rotate between Serie A/Europa League. But I think we will need to shell out on at least 2 quality midfielders this summer to go with Biglia and Kessie.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OK let me get this straight. Fassone $ Mirabelli went all the way to Cardiff to iniciate talks with Real Madrid because Morata is their big target number 1.

Then seconds after the final whistle Morata says in an interview, well knowing how many Juventus fans are watching, nice words about Juve (as a fair sportsman he is, knowing that shitting over your old club has nothing to do with class especially after you defeated them in a CL final).
Improvisely F&M decide "nah we don't like that, screw our trip, screw our mercato strategies, let's go for the alternative."

Hands up who does not think this is complete bs pls...

I agree, all of this sounds like absolute BS
Media know nothing...

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
@WhoScored
Lucas Biglia: Only Valter Birsa (63) has made more key passes from set-piece situations than Biglia (56) in Serie A since August 2015

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
@WhoScored
Lucas Biglia: Only Valter Birsa (63) has made more key passes from set-piece situations than Biglia (56) in Serie A since August 2015

AC-Milan-v-Sampdoria-Valter-Birsa-celeb_3011511.jpg

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with Ricardo Rodriguez, but a quick look at his positions in his games last year he actually played more often in CB than LB!

This means Montella's experiments last few games where we switch between 3412 and 433 mid game depending on possession are what we'll do next year. Amazing stuff. It worked really well conceptually (we just didn't have the right players).

So this is what we'll probably end up doing:

In possession:

----------Belotti
-----Papu---Suso
Bonaventura--------Conti
---------Biglia--Kessie
------RR--Roma--Musa

While defending:

---------Belotti
Papu------------Suso
-----Bona-----Kessie
----------Biglia
RR--Roma-----Musa--Conti

So basically, Conti will be Montella's new Cuadrado.

Btw, for those not knowing the value of Papu, he's an extremely effect out ball on the left. Very very threatening on the break, and can hold possession to pull players up, even though he's tiny.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
who did he go there with.....????

The picture is off centered

Looks like someone who doesn't know how to operate a camera/phone

Maybe a young person?

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I'm not that familiar with Ricardo Rodriguez, but a quick look at his positions in his games last year he actually played more often in CB than LB!

RR was played out of position all season long, he is a natural attacking LB with a brilliant left foot; takes the freekicks/corners/penalties for club and country. His main strength would be his crossing, id imagine it would be a tease for any top striker latching on to those deliveries.

He struggled as a LCB/CB last year, hence why he hasn't produced the numbers but we've nabbed him at the perfect time in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule