The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
From my experience most coaches often use unforced substitutes not earlier than the last 1/3 to the last 1/4 of a match and it´s not rare that there are two subs left in the 85´ minute or so.
It´s something I hear fans complain about since I started watching football and something most coaches don´t seem to care about.

Mourinho and Sir Alex (even Carlo if you pissed him off enough) took off poorly performing players before half time

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect Carlo purposefully underperforms in 1st halfs so he can show wisdom during the break to come back stronger. (excl. Istanbul)

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Every time this asshole is linked with Milan he wants to take a break :fp::fp:

And I mean asshole in a frustrated type of way.

------------------------------------------------------------

We should Bring Rijkaard back, perfect scenario. Rebuild both, his managing legacy and out CL legacy, and legend comes home :proud::proud::proud:

Rijkaard :lol: have you been in a coma for 8 years ?
Thats a horrendous idea.Terrible at Galatasaray fired within months.As bad with Saudi Arabia fired.Hasnt worked as a coach in 4/5 years.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Contes good.. but he's so NOT DA Milan

Didn't you guys see how he got his ass handed to him by Pep last saturday... he's your typical italian coach...too much grinter not enough tekkers.

Sarri on the other hand.... my oh my. Lets just say I canae wait for the double header between Napoli and City in this months UCL

FYI .. Sarri is the kind of mad man who will go to the etihad and try to dominate Pep City :lol:

The fact he's made Napoli into a monster with no World Class players at his disposal should tell you everything you need to know about the guy.

$_35.JPG

356.jpg

332.jpg

i

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Struggling against SPAL Udinese Cagliari and losing to anyone better than a bottom 6 team and being humiliated by Lazio to being lucky against Rijeka is pretty horrible.Esoecially after spending well over €200m.Its been anything but a mixed bag.We know what we'll get.Struggle against teams that will be happy to stay in Serie A and lose to everyone else.With potential for some more embarassing hammerings....

Could it change , ofcourse.But I wouldnt count on it.By the end of Oct we could be well and truly off the pace for a CL spot.Roma will beat Samp so that will have us 6 points off with Inter Juve soon and the almost guaranteed slip up defeat v Genoa or Chievo.

But Im in total agreement.Sarri Conte Ancelotti are not happening.Sousa Mazzari are just poor choices.

:thumbsup: Ancelotti was on 12.6m at Bayern and Inter offered Conte the same to join them. So unless we're willing to break the bank we can forget about them. Also, not forgetting the 100m+ transfer budget they'd expect every season.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup: Ancelotti was on 12.6m at Bayern and Inter offered Conte the same to join them. So unless we're willing to break the bank we can forget about them. Also, not forgetting the 100m+ transfer budget they'd expect every season.

When Montella is fired Im at a loss as to who will replace him.If you say Mancini i'll piss in yoir cornflakes :D seriously though , theres no one that stands out.Mazzari & Sousa ugh may as well play with no coach.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
When Montella is fired, it'll be after getting ample time since our management thankfully knows what it takes to build a team. And that ample time will be enough to draw up a proper option and not average coaches like Mazzarri or Sousa.

Honestly it's a no-brainer to go for Conte next season.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Yonghong should sell the 25% stake to preziosi tbh

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait, what I don't get is this:

We didn't play well, but we still won games in Serie A. EL games didn't count, unless we lost them (which we haven't) so there's that.

Then, against Roma, we play well, don't deserve to lose (tie would have been fair) and things are worse?

The thing is, if you wanted to be negative and accurate, you could say: the only reason we played well against Roma, was because Roma was not a good team so far, so acting like this game was important was wrong.

But here we are.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When Montella is fired, it'll be after getting ample time since our management thankfully knows what it takes to build a team. And that ample time will be enough to draw up a proper option and not average coaches like Mazzarri or Sousa.

Honestly it's a no-brainer to go for Conte next season.

If Montella gets fired, they may just give the job to Gattuso for the rest of the season if Conte is the goal for the summer. I doubt anyone would want to take over short term. Maybe Mazzarri might since Milan would probably be his last shot at a big club.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We consider Tinder social media? I don't honestly, but I don't use that either. Feels like there are too many weird people on there :lol:

Girls that do online dating are either batshit crazy or fat, this is my experience.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wait, what I don't get is this:

We didn't play well, but we still won games in Serie A. EL games didn't count, unless we lost them (which we haven't) so there's that.

Then, against Roma, we play well, don't deserve to lose (tie would have been fair) and things are worse?

The thing is, if you wanted to be negative and accurate, you could say: the only reason we played well against Roma, was because Roma was not a good team so far, so acting like this game was important was wrong.

But here we are.

We've looked awful in serie A , we've struggled against minnows we've been beaten in games we've been humiliated and were beaten by Roma fairly handily.We never looked like we'd win that.We can go on and lose to Inter Juve and struggle against Chievo.When is enough enough.We wont have an amazing revolution under Montella.By your post im not sure if youre for or against him.Im guessing youre from the give him time point of view ? But that may be too late

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We've looked awful in serie A , we've struggled against minnows we've been beaten in games we've been humiliated and were beaten by Roma fairly handily.We never looked like we'd win that.We can go on and lose to Inter Juve and struggle against Chievo.When is enough enough.We wont have an amazing revolution under Montella.By your post im not sure if youre for or against him.Im guessing youre from the give him time point of view ? But that may be too late

This is just wrong.. We looked like we would certainly win the match for 3/4th of the match. If you can't see that, that's really unfortunate.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Montella gets fired, they may just give the job to Gattuso for the rest of the season if Conte is the goal for the summer. I doubt anyone would want to take over short term. Maybe Mazzarri might since Milan would probably be his last shot at a big club.

Mazzarri :fp: I can't believe the Commode is seriously discussing a manager like him.

Montella has shown more with Milan last season than Mazzarri has in his entire career.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

How were we beaten by Roma handily? See, that's the thing. Milan played better than Roma until that deflected goal, which was against the run of play.

This Roma game is different. If we won, unconvincingly before, we just lost, but played better. I can quote all the various journalists who have mentioned this, but I'm too lazy.

I'm not sure what people want. It seems that people have expectations that aren't being met, sure, but this is the problem:

The complaints that we weren't playing well, but winning, and only winning against small teams. The thing is, we played really well against Roma, so what is the issue now? If Montella is turning things around, I'll be happy, I'm just confused why people aren't either.

Progress is clearly happening, and as Montella pointed out: Juventus was out of the EL places at this point in the season. Montella knows he has to turn it around or he's gone, and I hope for our sake that he can get it right against Inter, because Inter has played like absolute shit this year and the only "big win" they have had is against Roma, who have been shit this year, too.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
When Montella is fired Im at a loss as to who will replace him.If you say Mancini i'll piss in yoir cornflakes :D seriously though , theres no one that stands out.Mazzari & Sousa ugh may as well play with no coach.

ronald_de_boer.jpg

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mazzarri :fp: I can't believe the Commode is seriously discussing a manager like him.

Montella has shown more with Milan last season than Mazzarri has in his entire career.

Who do you think would take over a struggling team midseason? Slim pickings. Ancelotti, even if he is free, will start fresh at a new club next summer. If Montella gets canned, I think they will promote Gattuso for the rest of the season or give Mazzarri a deal until June.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who do you think would take over a struggling team midseason? Slim pickings. Ancelotti, even if he is free, will start fresh at a new club next summer. If Montella gets canned, I think they will promote Gattuso for the rest of the season or give Mazzarri a deal until June.

Nobody should take over a 'struggling team' mid-season. When a new project starts with 10 new players and the team loses 3 matches, one despite dominating the other team, then firing the manager would be ridiculous in the first place.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Caretaker's aside, I think we'll end up hiring Conte/Ancelotti long term. Ancelotti's available and has coached in all the major European leagues so a return to Italy makes sense. Plus he was very close to returning a couple seasons ago. But I think we'll end up getting Conte. He was rumoured to be missing Italy last season when the Inter rumours first surfaced and this season he's publicly stated it. He's also had issues with Chelsea's Management and I doubt he'll retain the EPL title so leaving at the end of the season would make sense. Even though he recently renewed his contract it was only a salary adjustment with the contract end date remaining unchanged (2019).

However, if we hire Ancelotti/Conte I believe they'll accept a reduced salary in line with Serie A. Allegri currently earns 7m a year and Conte was on a simiiar amount last season before Chelsea raised it to 10m. If we can pay Bonucci 6.5m we can afford to pay Conte a couple million more.

Believe it or not I think the most difficult coach to hire will be Sarri. In fact I'd say he's practically impossible. Firstly, he's a lifelong Napoli fan and has been going from strength to strengh every season so has no reason to leave. With the CL money earned this season plus CL qualification guaranteed next season he'll have a large transfer budget to improve the team.

If we don't get Ancelotti or Conte for some reason my next bet would be Mancini with possibly Allegri as an outsider. Mancini has a great relationship with F+M and was rumoured to join when the takeover first happened.

One things for sure we'll almost certainly hire a top Italian coach. You don't spend 1 billion to buy a club and invest 230m on transfers if you're not aiming for the top. The experiment with average coaches ends with Montella otherwise we risk losing 100m every year without CL qualification. I doubt we'll hire a foreign coach as we need somebody with a good Serie A track record who wouldn't have language problems.

If by some miracle we don't hire one of the coaches above I would opt for Gasperini over the likes of Mazzarri/Sousa. The latter two are inconsistent whereas Gasperini has performed miracles coaching smaller clubs and is ready for a step up.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody should take over a 'struggling team' mid-season. When a new project starts with 10 new players and the team loses 3 matches, one despite dominating the other team, then firing the manager would be ridiculous in the first place.

win is a win and a loss is a loss. Doesn't make much sense if you are dominating yet lose 2-0.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is just wrong.. We looked like we would certainly win the match for 3/4th of the match. If you can't see that, that's really unfortunate.

We didnt look as clueless as the Samp game.But We had less possession we had less chances that were on target and genuinley threatened the Roma goal.We didnt look like we were going to win the game.It was even and then they scored twice.You can say what you like.In my view it wasnt a game where I thought yes we're well on top here its only a matter time before we score.

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Believe it or not I think the most difficult coach to hire will be Sarri. In fact I'd say he's practically impossible. Firstly, he's a lifelong Napoli fan and has been going from strength to strengh every season so has no reason to leave. With the CL money earned this season plus CL qualification guaranteed next season he'll have a large transfer budget to improve the team.

This is the sad truth :cry:.

Plus Mino Raiola is his agent :fp: and after what happened this summer... I don't want Milan to be dealing with him in any capacity.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
If we don't get Ancelotti or Conte for some reason my next bet would be Mancini with possibly Allegri as an outsider. Mancini has a great relationship with F+M and was rumoured to join when the takeover first happened.

One things for sure we'll almost certainly hire a top Italian coach.

How's Mancini a top Italian coach?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Even though I don't like him, Mazzarri's actually won the Coppa Italia and finished runner-up in the league. Something I doubt Montella will ever achieve.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
I actually rate Sousa..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule