The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There were only 17,000 supporters in the crowd at San Siro and they often insulted the squad during this Europa League stalemate.

“It’s a complicated moment, but if we had won then there would be a very different enthusiasm. The team played its game, the opposition was rather locked down and it became difficult as time wore on,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think the disappointment and sense of irritation in the stadium was felt by the team and it was due to the three Serie A defeats rather than the performance itself.

“We created many chances and didn’t finish them off against a good side.”

Montella was asked what Milan are missing at the moment.

“We are missing the spark, or even the match. I see the lads want to do more, they want to prove they belong at Milan and that is creating a psychological block. It’s my job to unblock it.”

Director of sport Massimiliano Mirabelli also spoke to the media before kick-off*and implied Montella was running short on time to turn this around.

“I have a splendid personal rapport with Massimo. On a professional level, it’s everyone’s right to judge and evaluate. I do not agree that we didn’t step on to the field in the first half against Inter, nor with Sampdoria. I think Milan deserve great credit for dominating Roma for 70 minutes.

“Obviously, we’d all love to see Milan play wonderful football for 95 minutes, but it’s a growth process and I am convinced we’ll get there because most of these players have never worn a jersey like this before and the situation is making them struggle to express themselves.

“I urge the fans and the club to stand by us and above all these players, who need a caress more than to be jeered during this difficult time.

“I agree the first half tonight was not what I was after, as we lacked the determination and aggression needed. Again, it’s a growth process. I would love for the team to have a precise identity in all situations, but it’s not easy and can’t be done overnight.

“If the club decides to close around the team and protect them, we will get to this result earlier. Some of our key players don’t feel confident enough right now to try that extra move or audacious idea. We need to get them to play with more joy and freedom from pressure.

“I am referring largely to our midfielders and wide men, while the strikers must also improve to reach the level we are aiming for.”

All I read is a load of crap. Always saying the same thing

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

“If the club decides to close around the team and protect them, we will get to this result earlier. Some of our key players don’t feel confident enough right now to try that extra move or audacious idea. We need to get them to play with more joy and freedom from pressure.

scrambled eggs and psychologists would do wonders

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso!!!!!!...you want to get relegated???
:fp:

Who exactly do you think will be willing to take a job with a floundering team? And for only 6 months. The more higher profile names will wait to start fresh in the summer or want a long term deal. And say Conte is a possibility for next summer, they won't bring in someone past June.

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
even seedork did better than this with taraabt on his squad

Seems people forgot how bad coaches were.

Seedorf got bailed out by individual brilliance and played possibly the worst football I've seen (Hellas Verona match immediately comes to mind).

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems people forgot how bad coaches were.

Seedorf got bailed out by individual brilliance and played possibly the worst football I've seen (Hellas Verona match immediately comes to mind).

We must be playing such great football? For the past 2 seasons, we be playing amazing football. Think you forgot last season. Milan haven't played good football in a while.

What great players. Mario wasn't in the best form. Taarbat? Oh the same great players that got Allegri sacked.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
There were only 17,000 supporters in the crowd at San Siro and they often insulted the squad during this Europa League stalemate.

“It’s a complicated moment, but if we had won then there would be a very different enthusiasm. The team played its game, the opposition was rather locked down and it became difficult as time wore on,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

The result isn't even that bad you moron. It's the fact that we played like plebs.

“I think the disappointment and sense of irritation in the stadium was felt by the team and it was due to the three Serie A defeats rather than the performance itself.

:fp:

“We created many chances and didn’t finish them off against a good side.”

Montella was asked what Milan are missing at the moment.

“We are missing the spark, or even the match. I see the lads want to do more, they want to prove they belong at Milan and that is creating a psychological block. It’s my job to unblock it.”

And you're doing a shitty job at it.

Director of sport Massimiliano Mirabelli also spoke to the media before kick-off*and implied Montella was running short on time to turn this around.

“I have a splendid personal rapport with Massimo. On a professional level, it’s everyone’s right to judge and evaluate. I do not agree that we didn’t step on to the field in the first half against Inter, nor with Sampdoria. I think Milan deserve great credit for dominating Roma for 70 minutes.

“Obviously, we’d all love to see Milan play wonderful football for 95 minutes, but it’s a growth process and I am convinced we’ll get there because most of these players have never worn a jersey like this before and the situation is making them struggle to express themselves.

Dude is a walking contradiction.

“I urge the fans and the club to stand by us and above all these players, who need a caress more than to be jeered during this difficult time.

This ain't Arsenal.

“I agree the first half tonight was not what I was after, as we lacked the determination and aggression needed. Again, it’s a growth process. I would love for the team to have a precise identity in all situations, but it’s not easy and can’t be done overnight.

“I am referring largely to our midfielders and wide men, while the strikers must also improve to reach the level we are aiming for.”[/b]

All I read is a load of crap. Always saying the same thing

Idiot. :fp:

Milan is holding on Montella for now. The Genoa match on Sunday will be important [Sky].

Pathetic. If our management had balls he would've been out after the Roma game. It'd literally be a tragedy if they don't fire him after a bad result against Genoa.

Last edited:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
We didn't spend 200m to give our players a safe space. If I get paid 2-3m euros a year at my job I expect a full on thorough ass kicking for fucking up.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know that there is a lot of pressure on this squad. Even though I felt like we could have perhaps better used our money, surely this is not the most that this squad is capable of.

I really hope the squad shows something in Genoa game, otherwise Montella is gone.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Have to talk Ancelotti into coming back.

Montella almost has to go at this point. The atmosphere right now between the fan and clubs is as bad as I've ever seen with Milan. 17,000 fans, already they're fed up with the season that began with huge crowds.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We must be playing such great football? For the past 2 seasons, we be playing amazing football. Think you forgot last season. Milan haven't played good football in a while.

What great players. Mario wasn't in the best form. Taarbat? Oh the same great players that got Allegri sacked.

Learn to read properly before making a post.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
If we don't beat Genoa and he's still here, then it's utterly ludicrous.

I had hope for Montella and thought he could turn it around for longer than a lot of people here, but there's just nothing there. We look like Brocchi's Milan, except with less possession and players having no idea who their teammates are.

Did he do well last season? Yes, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

While he is doing shockingly so far this season.

We should be destroying each of these EL teams and have won against every non-direct rival domestically at least. Instead we play insipid, lazy football and have lost half of our matches.

Usually there are 2 reasons to keep a poor performing coach - the results are still there but the play is shit, or the results aren't but the play is good. Montella at the moment is getting no results and we're playing like a bunch of amateurs, and that's after spending 230m on rehauling the team and significantly improving effectively every position. We bought world-beaters, talented young players, players who can make an impact right away and it looks instead like we've just been promoted.

No excuses. He should be gone now, but I have absolute belief that we'll lose to Genoa.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Well, I've been a big fan of Montella but at this point I think it's time for the sack and for us to hope for the good old dead coach bounce for some momentum.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Right, that is the ONLY reason you could possibly have for selling a player, no player was sold because of any other scenario in the history of the transfer market.

:lol:

No there is other reasons to sell your most creative players when you have no one to cover for them.

1) you are broke and need money
2) you are dumb

since we are not broke as of yet, so ....

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirabelli: We didn’t step on to the field against Sampdoria, we only really started after 70 minutes with Roma and did not step on to the field in the first half against Inter.

Montella: I have a splendid personal rapport with Massimo. I do not agree that we didn’t step on to the field in the first half against Inter, nor with Sampdoria. I think Milan deserve great credit for dominating Roma for 70 minutes.

giphy.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Iffy on that one, but if we can't get anyone else. Why not?

If we get Del Bosque, I would be so happy. Great coach.

Del Bosque is retired, iirc.

Van Gaal is one that goes into discussion with management and players.

Our squad now needs a asskicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule