• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
can you believe the last time donnarumma kept a clean sheet was on round 32 last season against napoli, that was 11 fucking games ago

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bonaventura haters: please check his defensive stats before commenting on his performance. He has been one our best performers in the defensive phase, even better than Kessie.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
does bakayoko think like a midfielder?

Sometimes watching that guy play makes you wonder whether he thinks at all, let alone like a midfielder.

Still hope he comes into his own during the season, let's see.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Bonaventura haters: please check his defensive stats before commenting on his performance. He has been one our best performers in the defensive phase, even better than Kessie.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
I don't know about any Bonaventura haters, but I know I checked the stats for the previous season...

Here's some other nuggets I noticed while watching the game again, Bonaventura was the player who gave the ball away when Atalanta initially equalized. He gave a weak pass to Hakan who wasn't expecting it and they countered immediately, passing around Jack and proceeding upfield where Gomez scored at the near post. He was also the player who lost Pasalic when Atalanta almost scored from a corner around minutes 20-25.

I'm serious, watch Bonaventura and you can see Milan's entire game playing out before your eyes. We live or die based on his performances sometimes. I'd rather a more consistent, technical player in his position. I think it would balance the team and help us control matches/energy levels better.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
can you believe the last time donnarumma kept a clean sheet was on round 32 last season against napoli, that was 11 fucking games ago

Pepe Reina last cleansheet was few days ago

In serie A, it was in May 13th, againts Sampdoria on M/D 38

So its time to bench Donnarumma, for good

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
should've sold the snek last summer when he was actually worth something

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I thought we played well again, i don't see it Gattuso fault the team spooned the chances, we should have been out of sight by ht.

Bad subs though. Hakan was the one to go, he was bad.

its totally players fault this time. we stopped playing 10 mins before the match was over. i mean they were practically playing with one man less and we still couldn't see out the game. also amount of counterattack wasted by kessie, higuain and others. midfield should be ashamed of this performance(last 10 minutes that is).
also gattuso should stop subbing bakayoko in. even mauri is better than him right now. and hakan should have gone eariler.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
This is the real test for Gattuso the grinta.
An action is needed.
His strategy is good, but maybe a different player would make it better.
Musa-->Caldara
Donnarumma-->Reina
Rodriguez-->Laxalt

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we couldnt get good result against napoli with 2:0 leading
we couldnt keep good result (1:0) against roma (lucky goal in ATime - 2:1)
we couldnt win against cagliari (1:1)
we couldnt win even when we lead twice (2:2) yesterday

we create chances but we cant score ... when other press us when we are leading we dont have plan what to do - we may say we are unlucky but ... how many times in the row?
looks like waste of next season

In all those games to me it was more our midfield loosing controll which led into our defence looking very shaky with that non-existend midfield, at least defensively. It's becoming a bit the beat of this season. Being the team who proposes maybe one of the best football in Serie A atm bar 15-25 minutes per game where we throw everything away we obtained before.

I mean against Roma we played the best 45 minutes I have seen in years, only to play those awful shitty 20 first minutes in the second half, with a midfield not being able to cope with Roma's pressure.

We totally gave away the 1st 25-30 minutes against Cagliari, with our midfield and defence not being able to handle Cagliaris pressure.

We played very well against a good Atalanta in the 1st 45 minutes, but gave away the 1st 10 minutes of the second half and the last 10 minutes of the game with like no reason at all.

One could say "well, we need to score more so that those killing minutes doesn't steal us points". However I'd prefer to not have those blackouts at all. We scored two goals against each of Napoli, Roma and Atalanta. Those are by no means farmteams who let you score easily. In my books, we are pretty much on track with what we are supposed to score. It's really more about not giving away so much minutes without any real reason.

I thought immediately that his reasoning is gonna be "I wanted to add substance to midfield" and voila! Same mistake every time. I blame Leonardo though, why even bring that trash player and have him as an option. The dude makes Balotelli look smart.

Gattuso said in post-match-interview that it had to do with a knee-injury Bona is carrying since some days and that he didn't want to risk him any longer.

Hope it's true. Because from a technical pov it was obviously a sub who was going to kill our game and one didn't even need hindsight to realize that.

I'm surprised no bigger clubs have picked up Duvan Zapata. He's played well where ever he's been in Serie A and changed the game yesterday when he came on. Built like a truck as well. That Piatek from Genoa can't stop scoring as well. Maybe a future Lewandowski haha.

You know what? I thought the very same thing last night. I thought "I wouldn't mind him as a 2nd or 3rd choice CF", he's a truck with decent speed and technique. He could bring a totally different dimension to our attacking park.

The question is how many goals can he score? To me he doesn't look like a 20+ goals/season attacker. He screwed up some big chances against us too. I think he's a player who from that pov can be very frustrating. Usuable, but not the one to carry our team.

But yeah, basically I wouldn't mind bringing him to give some depth to our attacking line. I fear the day Higsy would miss a coupe of weeks and we had to rely on Cutrone and Borini as his sub.

Losing as in giving away a won game at the end, very unfortunate. Yes was a draw, still gave away a win which is what I meant.

I feel you. 1 point is closer to 0 than to 3 points obviously. So a draw to me will always feel more like a loss than a win, especially with an equalizer that late in the game and us leading twice but not being able to close the game.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is the real test for Gattuso the grinta.
An action is needed.
His strategy is good, but maybe a different player would make it better.
Musa-->Caldara
Donnarumma-->Reina
Rodriguez-->Laxalt

That's the only one I'm with you.

Caldara maybe only because he's going to be our future anyway, but Musa isn't playing worse than Roma IMO. Against Cagliari the goal we conceeded was on Roma, obviously, and also against Atalanta he was the one to keep Rigoni onside. I hope it's just coincidence and not the lack of an experienced leader beside him (Bonucci).

RR --> Laxalt doesn't change much I think, if not to the worse. I know I'll probably be the one person here with the biggest bias towards RR. But right now he seems to be one of our best players, especially when it comes to holding up against pressure while the rest of our midfield and defence crumbles at any little bit of pressure that's thrown on them. Moreover in this weeks RR also seems to have improved his offensive game. Against Atalanta as most recent examples he threw two or three nice through-passes towards Higuain, made some good runs on the flank to support Hakan. Laxalt on the other hand is helpful with his speed, but that's also a nice weapon to have on the bench to bring in the course of a game.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I feel you. 1 point is closer to 0 than to 3 points obviously. So a draw to me will always feel more like a loss than a win, especially with an equalizer that late in the game and us leading twice but not being able to close the game.

The situation matters. If we equalized in the last 5 minutes and played mediocre, I'd feel somewhat okay. But when we played kinda decent like we did and were in the lead twice, it's crushing to have it all undone in the end.

Also watching Donnarumma pisses me off to no end, especially when I consider his wage. Dude is 1,96 and can't control his airspace, can't hold onto balls, awful with ball at his feet, bad distribution etc. I see no evolution of his skills, completely stalled out.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
So with our "scouting" in Brazil, expect Leo, Serginho & Kaka to sign one of the following players:

Pedro Guilherme [Fluminense]
Lucas Paqueta [Flamengo]
Eder Militao [Sao Paulo]
Lincoln Corrêa [Flamengo]
Alan de Souza Guimarães [Palmeiras]

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Overall we have to get better at defending/controlling the game, but last game we should have scored more goals.
Obviously you can´t always compensate your defensive fuck ups with scoring but we had the chances for a 2-3 goal lead which would have killed the game. Here we really were a bit unlucky with some off-side-positions and shots.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
So with our "scouting" in Brazil, expect Leo, Serginho & Kaka to sign one of the following players:

Pedro Guilherme [Fluminense]
Lucas Paqueta [Flamengo]
Eder Militao [Sao Paulo]
Lincoln Corrêa [Flamengo]
Alan de Souza Guimarães [Palmeiras]

yes i expect this..otherwise what is point

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Gattuso said in post-match-interview that it had to do with a knee-injury Bona is carrying since some days and that he didn't want to risk him any longer.

huh? I read his interview first thing after the game. He said Bakayoko was supposed to bring substance to midfield and that maybe he did wrong, but who knows. There are no reports on Bona injury, so thats some fake news.

https://www.milannews.it/le-intervi...un-grande-avvio-non-basta-essere-belli-308653

enjoy lol I hope you didnt make up those quotes to defend Rino, that would be mega lame :lol:

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Laxalt will start ahead of RR against Empoli at left-back. Calabria is dealing with fever and if he doesn't play, Abate will start at right-back against Empoli. [Sky]

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The first part of the loan extinguished upon the enforcement of the pledge by Elliott, while the second part was still pending. Elliott has carried out a capital increase of €123m which has enabled them to pay off the debt. With this, Milan has no financial debt today. [MN

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
The first part of the loan extinguished upon the enforcement of the pledge by Elliott, while the second part was still pending. Elliott has carried out a capital increase of €123m which has enabled them to pay off the debt. With this, Milan has no financial debt today. [MN
grazie Gazidis :monto:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Laxalt will start ahead of RR against Empoli at left-back. Calabria is dealing with fever and if he doesn't play, Abate will start at right-back against Empoli. [Sky]

cant have good news without bad news :fp:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Until we have a legitimate midfield, and not one composed of Biglia, Bonaventura, and Kessie with Bakayoko subbing in, we aren't qualifying for the CL, let alone winning anything.

5 points out of 4 matches with two of them against mediocre sides. Great start.

If a player like Bonaventura is starting for Milan and the NT it tells you they are going through down times. Not saying players like Bonaventura and Suso are bad, but they should be nothing more than reserve players in any team with high ambitions. Midfield and wingers need to be the area that major spending occurs going forward.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to think quality players will eventually start to arrive or else Higuain would have never agreed to come to a shit situation that Milan is right now. Or else we'll have another Bonucci 2.0 where Higuain sees there's nothing to win here and asks to leave.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
By the time Caldara actually gets to play consistently, injury excuses, etc. Conti will be coming back from his knee injury haha.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
huh? I read his interview first thing after the game. He said Bakayoko was supposed to bring substance to midfield and that maybe he did wrong, but who knows. There are no reports on Bona injury, so thats some fake news.

https://www.milannews.it/le-intervi...un-grande-avvio-non-basta-essere-belli-308653

enjoy lol I hope you didnt make up those quotes to defend Rino, that would be mega lame :lol:

Dude? What makes you think that I make stuff up to prove a point? Is that a track record of mine?

That's where I picked it up: "Gattuso – I explain you the substitution of Bonaventura"

It's true that he says he wanted to give more substance to the midfield. But he also mentions Jack dealing with a little knee injury. I'm just counting 1 and 1 together.

That said, I rarely defended Gattuso in the past few weeks. I don't feel the urge to make stuff up to defend him now neither. That's quite a thing – generally spoken – with this board: you are either labled as a fanboy or a hater. There is nothing inbetween. One can't praise the coach for genious substitution today (bringing Samu and Cutro against Roma) but curse him the next day for a dead wrong substitution (Baka for Jack).

For the record: I'm not specifically pro or contra Gattuso. I won't make things up to defend or attack him. Never. So chill :)

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Well the thing is he only mentions the problem when evaluating performances. The key part is him explaining the sub and it has nothing to do with minor problems that many players are going through. It has zero impact on the sub as Bona was doing well. (I'm not anti or pro Gattuso either, I think the game isnt bad but he's doing very immature choices sometimes and cant do shit vs parked buses)

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
c067ee425680d3f9e6bcb46a8c198f97.jpg

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well the thing is he only mentions the problem when evaluating performances. The key part is him explaining the sub and it has nothing to do with minor problems that many players are going through. It has zero impact on the sub as Bona was doing well. (I'm not anti or pro Gattuso either, I think the game isnt bad but he's doing very immature choices sometimes and cant do shit vs parked buses)

I think not having any players that can go past anyone 1 v. 1 also plays a role in that.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Empoli vs Milan should be Gattuso last chance.

Lose/Draw = Conte

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think not having any players that can go past anyone 1 v. 1 also plays a role in that.

Yeah. My biggest concern with Gattuso's current system is that we regularly fall apart whenever being faced with some pressure. Heck, even Cagliari had us in their pockets the 20 minutes they played some pressing.

I tend to think that's not only on the players. Maybe not even on the system, or at least not mainly. To me it seems to be a mental problem in the 1st place. And yeah, that's on the coach ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule