The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Higuain out ----------- Piatek in

Piatek's salary would be like 2 / 2.5 mil a year vs 9 mil for Higuain. The deal for Piatek should be around 40 mil, but he will at least hold his value for the next years.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Cutrone <3

Golden child :love:

Sickening to think there are subversive elements that don't realize what incredible promise Cutrone has :fp:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Ibra would have slapped Samu hard. Samu should play for Higuain, not try to be a superstar

DwvtZsrWwAE9dGT

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Can't wait to see a confident Paqueta. Seems like an intelligent guy with a humble attitude. Welcome <3

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Newcastle have been told they must stump up 12m euros (£10.7m) if they want to sign AC Milan and Uruguay midfielder Diego Laxalt, 25. (Calciomercato)

674.gif

AC Milan are preparing a move to sign Manchester United and Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 31. (Mail)

house-md.gif

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
its amazing how much money this club wastes on signing a striker and Cutrone continues to outperform them

just give him the keys already

I’m not sure if this is true or not but

What if Milan guaranteed a starting position when signing Gonzalo?

I know people post about just benching a player but I don’t know if it’s always that straight forward

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The only positive side of signing Morata is that Cutrone will play alongside his idol (really don't know why and how Morata can by anyone's idol)

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
€12M for Laxalt sounds great, but i'd rather take €15M - €16M. We're dealing with a Premier League side here.

His cameo today was the same as we've seen this season; just adds nothing.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I was Expecting Higuain Leaving in January...with Gattuso comments, it seems it will be the case.

With that said, the Striker we'll get should be either on par with Cutrone (in the pecking order) or even below. so they can really compete for the spot.
not a guy who is so "big" that we have to start him even when not in form.

hell, Tell the Monaco guy we hired to go look for our own Piatek...i'm sure he has a list of those kind of players laying somewhere

the kid (Cutrone) has shown for 2 seasons now that he knows how to score.
what more does he have to do.

"can't rely on a 19 y o to ..." WTF is the difference between a big star striker misfiring and a 19 y o misfiring ...
he'll have his ups and downs and his dry spells just like the world class strikers ...

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
via Francesco Porzio [@fraporzio95]
Three things on #Higuain:

1) Milan has to find a replacement first
2) The Italian Supercup (the 16th) can change everything
3) This story can go on until the last day #CFC

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I would take Falcao for after Piguain. Old, but reliable and he wouldn’t hurt Cutrone’s development.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Piatek, Andre Silva, Dzeko, Ben Yedder, Giroud, Mitrovic, Balotelli ... the names are out there.

But are any of those better than Gonzalo?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
hoping its Piatek .. loan + obligation to buy for 40m if we make CL

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would take Falcao for after Piguain. Old, but reliable and he wouldn’t hurt Cutrone’s development.

I like this idea. Cutrone will likely be ready to carry that number 9 position during next season.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is true or not but

What if Milan guaranteed a starting position when signing Gonzalo?

I know people post about just benching a player but I don’t know if it’s always that straight forward

I'm sure that was part of the pitch, even if it wasn't Gattuso has always been hesitant to make any changes. Wouldn't see him dropping Higuain unless something drastic happened.

I just think Cutrone has proven enough that Milan should be trying to bring him players to support him, not start over him

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The ideal thing is still that he stays, starts scoring and starts showing age exactly at the same time that Cutrone becomes good enough.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan’s right side

Suso, Kessie, Conti

Mama Mia

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Higuain is a world class striker. End of story.

Be that as it may, he is shitting the bed here. No service was to blame for him choking on that penalty against Juventus? No service was to blame for him skying that shot against Frosinone?

His attitude sucks. He gets paid a lot of money, and the least he can do is try. His lack of professionalism is galling. Ever since that red card (which was his fault entirely) he has been sulking.

I was so happy Cutrone came on and bagged a brace. It was like a breath of fresh air.

Also, it may very well be the case that Higuain's decline is/will be sharp. In his mind--and, apparently, yours--he is probably better than he actually is.

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Be that as it may, he is shitting the bed here. No service was to blame for him choking on that penalty against Juventus. No service was to blame for him skying that shot against Frosinone.

His attitude sucks. He gets paid a lot of money, and the least he can do is try. His lack of professionalism is galling. Ever since that red card (which was his fault entirely) he has been sulking.

I was so happy Cutrone came on and bagged a brace. It was like a breath of fresh air.

Also, it may very well be the case that Higuain's decline is/will be sharp. In his mind--and, apparently, yours--he is probably better than he actually is.

Opinions shouldn’t be binary

So I’ll say this:

Gonzalo should be pissed from time to time. Don’t tell me you react any differently when you see a shit decision from one of his teammates

And he has been around. Ibra was doing some of the same shit. Producing.. yes. But his (GH’s) shit attitude is all about shitty performances around him

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Opinions shouldn’t be binary

So I’ll say this:

Gonzalo should be pissed from time to time. Don’t tell me you react any differently when you see a shit decision from one of his teammates

And he has been around. Ibra was doing some of the same shit. Producing.. yes. But his (GH’s) shit attitude is all about shitty performances around him

Sure, I can go along with this. I mean, Castillejo manages to get tangled in a sea of legs almost every time he enters the penalty area.

I think, however, a star player is more justified to be pissed if they have been carrying the team up until that point. When Ibra got pissed, it was probably not the best feeling for the person on the receiving end, but it made sense. Higuain has been shitting the bed himself as well. Like you say, producing. Ibra was producing. That to me is the key.

It may also be the case that our team is accentuating his decline, and that at a better, more functional team it wouldn't be so starkly evident. We had hoped to probably squeeze two good years out of Higuain. We managed two good months at best. But is he at all dedicated to get better? How can one root for a player whose mind is elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule