The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like we're prepping the ground for an L. But I like the fact that we're not overpaying anymore(yes Paqueta). That's been the problem since Galliani left, and in his final years he signed utter shit and was openly corrupt with Preziosi.

Bertolacci at 25m.

IndolentPerkyBee-size_restricted.gif

This guy on 1m a year salaries.

My goodness we've been through a lot.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
It's honestly getting a little pathetic with the constant complaining over refs. Yes Milan have been fucked over on several occasions this season. You know what? So have all the others. I don't think I've seen a single game this season where there hasn't been at least one clear mistake by the refs. At the end of the day I'm pretty sure it evens out and let's be honest Milan don't deserve to be higher up the table than is the case. It's really not a question of corruption but one of incompetence. Take the rule that disallowed Ibra's goal against Fiorentina for example - what kind of moron came up with that rule?

"So have all the others" :fp:
And It evens out in the end? This is not poker, these are human decisions. If referees decide to fuck us over, then nothing evens out

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Is Zaracho better no.10 then our Hakan and Paqueta? Can he actually be worse???

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Is Zaracho better no.10 then our Hakan and Paqueta? Can he actually be worse???

I'd go with the latter. Can he be worse than those two? Possibly. He could be another Paqueta.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
With Milan-Genoa set to take place behind closed doors, Milan have already started the process of refunding the match and seasonal tickets holders [Corriere della Sera]

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Last edited:

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Just saw the highlights from Napoli-Barcelona last night and i got so depressed. Why are we not in the competition that we used to boss? Champions League for me is not even entartaing since 2014 when we were in it. Such a shame this club cant get those beautiful San Siro CL nights and it has to be Atalanta that does it.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
The player that I’d most like to play the AM role in our 4231 is Lorenzo Pellegrini. He has improved so much in the last couple of seasons and he’s one of the most creative players around.

He can score and assist, is two footed and hard working with experience of playing as a mezz’ala and even in a double pivot. He fits the profile of the type of player that I think we should go for in that he can play both AM and mezz’ala giving us versatility, workrate and quality to boot.

I’ve read that he’s having trouble with Roma in contract talks so maybe we should keep an eye on his situation.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Just saw the highlights from Napoli-Barcelona last night and i got so depressed. Why are we not in the competition that we used to boss? Champions League for me is not even entartaing since 2014 when we were in it. Such a shame this club cant get those beautiful San Siro CL nights and it has to be Atalanta that does it.

I even forgot about games yday lol

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Forgot about that one :thumbsup: Juve (and this year Lazio with some of these dubious penalties) are the favoured children while grande Milan has to watch refs misuse VAR.

merda had a terrible refereeing against viola earlier as well

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
It's crazy that Samu, being mediocre at best is still much more useful than Suso

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The player that I’d most like to play the AM role in our 4231 is Lorenzo Pellegrini. He has improved so much in the last couple of seasons and he’s one of the most creative players around.

He can score and assist, is two footed and hard working with experience of playing as a mezz’ala and even in a double pivot. He fits the profile of the type of player that I think we should go for in that he can play both AM and mezz’ala giving us versatility, workrate and quality to boot.

I’ve read that he’s having trouble with Roma in contract talks so maybe we should keep an eye on his situation.

Agree here. The guy improved a lot and started assisting left and right. I read couple of weeks ago that he still has a release clause of... 25 m.

If that's true (I always doubt these too-good-to-be-true news) we should definitely smash it

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Pellegrini. :lol:

Now I'm 100% positive that you never watch their games, especially after the part that he can score or that he can play anything else besides #10. No he can't and he's terrible finisher.

Ask Roma fans what they think of him. Mediocre player and also inconsistent, after one good game he'll be shit in the next 4-5 games.

Please, enough with mediocre players, I'm sick of them.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's crazy that Samu, being mediocre at best is still much more useful than Suso

Because he plays for the team.

Suso hangs on to the ball forever and does his little circle moves while defense sets up and marks everyone else. So then he has to go and cut back and cross the ball or pass it back.

I really doubt Sevilla will buy him unless they make CL.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Because he plays for the team.

Suso hangs on to the ball forever and does his little circle moves while defense sets up and marks everyone else. So then he has to go and cut back and cross the ball or pass it back.

I really doubt Sevilla will buy him unless they make CL.

:thumbsup: Samu may not be a top player but he never stops running to keep the game flowing on his side, in both phases. It shows that he brings more because Suso was so static in most games.

As for Sevilla, pray they get CL so have to buy him else he's back here.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yep, I haven’t missed Suso for even 1 second since he left. His effort and style were emblematic of the fodder era and whatever we call the Fassobelli era.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Matías Zaracho has given his consent to join Milan in the summer. Racing's request is a negotiable €25M while Milan value him considerably lower, around €15M. Offers from Spain should arrive for him soon as well but he would like to play for Milan [
@FabrizioRomano]

Fab is a good source. There is a lot of talk about this kid. I guess we are serious about him and will bring him to Milan
Fab is the best out there. He usually doesn't join as early as others to the party, but that's because he reports only legit stuff. Meaning: No trolls full of assumptions and wild guesses nicely packed as "news".

Whenever there's a transfer rumor, I always await his iconic "Here we go!" before getting too pumped.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Suso has been serie B level + his ethics are below all standards. All in all another head case. Samu is a fighter and a milanista. For me, aldough he IS a mediocre player, he'd always have a place in 25 man squad to help out.

We have truly big problem with the player in the hole of 4231 now. Bona, Paq, Hakan all in horrible shape. Ok Hakan was never in a good shape.

After Paquetas 90min I actually was looking forward for Hakan being back, but then he played like an amateur. Like, beyond horrible.

Leao had good moments there but his work defensively is...is not.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Ok Zaracho, if hes a modern player. But now take one experienced mid.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Again: have you ever seen inter or juve getting fucked over by the referees? It's hard to recall even one time. You just cannot imagine that referees are treating juve like they are doing to us, it's just impossible. Same goes for Inter. There's a reason for it, it's no coincidence. This league is a joke for over 10 years already and it will remain like that as long as these frauds are there

Didn't Inter get screwed over in this exact same fixture last season? It was a huge talking point as they were in the CL race. The ball hit D'Ambrosio in the chest and the referee called a penalty in the 101st minute of the game. It finished 3-3.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Can he really score though? He has 3 goals over the last 43 league games... I actually find him a bit overrated. I do think he has certain skills but he has really bad decision making. Another issue is that he can't shoot if his life depends on it. He takes 10 shots a game and most are really bad decisions.

Also, there were people on this forum who didn't want SMS because he's not good in "big games". Pellegrini has been shocking in every big game except for one derby last year.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Now I'm 100% positive that you never watch their games, especially after the part that he can score or that he can play anything else besides #10. No he can't and he's terrible finisher.

Ask Roma fans what they think of him. Mediocre player and also inconsistent, after one good game he'll be shit in the next 4-5 games.

Agree 100%. Didn't see your post before I posted mine, but you are spot on. Pellegrini is very inconsistent and he's a terrible decision maker. Like I said in my previous post, the guy has 3 goals in 43 games, despite playing in a position where he should be scoring much more. He does have lots of assists but they are also boosted by certain games (one game he had 3 assists). Not that it's bad, but he's very "streaky" in that he'll have a few good games and then be terrible for a number of them.

He'd be ok to start in an average/slightly above average team. Even at Roma he shouldn't have been starting as Zaniolo is better at that position (obviously injured now, but still).

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Lorenzo Pellegrini is a very good player. For €25m, I'd take him over Zaracho.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

He absolutely can play as a mezz’ala but not as part of the double pivot. I said he has experience playing there. His ideal role is still as a AM in a 4231 but he certainly can play mezz’ala in the 433. That’s the archetype of the player I prefer (an AM who is closer to a midfielder than a forward).

There are other more natural pure number 10s that will give you even more offensive production than he will (think of a Luis Alberto, De Bruyne type) but lack the defensive ability and ability to drop deeper and do midfield work that Pellegrini can do.

He creates a ton of good chances and has good vision and he may not have scored that many recently but he has shown the ability to score even back in his Sassuolo days.

I used to think he was overrated and tried the glory pass far too often, but he has always had great vision. What is happening recently is that his execution of passes is starting to match with his vision to see those passes.

So laugh all you want but that type of player isn’t so easy to find and he’s a player I’d be willing to take a punt on at 25-30m (especially considering squad quotas on homegrown and academy players in the event of qualification for Europe)

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Agree 100%. Didn't see your post before I posted mine, but you are spot on. Pellegrini is very inconsistent and he's a terrible decision maker. Like I said in my previous post, the guy has 3 goals in 43 games, despite playing in a position where he should be scoring much more. He does have lots of assists but they are also boosted by certain games (one game he had 3 assists). Not that it's bad, but he's very "streaky" in that he'll have a few good games and then be terrible for a number of them.

He'd be ok to start in an average/slightly above average team. Even at Roma he shouldn't have been starting as Zaniolo is better at that position (obviously injured now, but still).

I definitely don’t think he’s the finished product, but I like the raw tools that he has, the improvement that he’s shown and for the reported price of 25-30 it has a lot of upside potential. The finished product would cost triple that price.

And Zaniolo couldn’t play in Pelllegrini’s role as he was tested there and lacked the passing ability to unlock defenses. He found his role on the right of the attack where he can exploit space and move towards goal, actually feeding on and benefitting from the creativity of Pellegrini. So even when Zaniolo returns he most certainly will go back to the right of their attack which far better suits his characteristics.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guys, Pellegrini is still young. He will improve further. For 25 m I would take the risk. There aren't many better player available for such a sum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule