The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile I convinced myself that Depay could turn out to be a good transfer. Some may remember that I wasn't quite happy with the links since he's coming from baguette league and I don't trust the stats from that league.

That said, he is fast (I don't buy RnB-logic that every player who isn't Usain Bolt isn't fast), has a good finish and he has an insanely good technique and 1st touch. On top of that, he's in a good momentum, which will definitely help when settling for Serie A. If we can snatch him for 35-40M I think we made a good deal. Considered his age and potential, he could end up doubling his worth in the course of some years – at least it's not unthinkable.

Maybe another reason why I'm slowly getting more and more on Depay-bandwagon is because I can't think of a winger who's remarkably better or way less risky than Depay and has a similiar age, big-league-experience and skillset. At least not in that price-range and realistic possibility to lure to us.

Pavon for example I only know from YouTube-Highlights. He seems to be exciting and I'd love to bring him here. But he's bloody young and outside Argentina unexperienced. He impossibly can't be our marquee-signing on the wings. We'd risk to burn him and do what Inter did with Shaqiri.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really dont think Ancelotti will be good for Napoli.

He wont be bad for them, but I dont think he improves them at all. Has an ancelotti run team blown you away in the last god knows how many years?

Sarri obtained 91 points with Napoli. That's a fantastic job. In many leages that's more than enough points to win it with a good margin between 1st and 2nd place. I wonder how Ancelotti is supposed to top that. At least it's not a given at all that he can.

The only way I see Napoli surpassing Juve is that other teams like us, Inter, Lazio, Roma or Atalanta will get stronger in comparision to Juve and take away more points from Juve than we did in the last couple of years.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile I convinced myself that Depay could turn out to be a good transfer. Some may remember that I wasn't quite happy with the links since he's coming from baguette league and I don't trust the stats from that league.

That said, he is fast (I don't buy RnB-logic that every player who isn't Usain Bolt isn't fast), has a good finish and he has an insanely good technique and 1st touch. On top of that, he's in a good momentum, which will definitely help when settling for Serie A. If we can snatch him for 35-40M I think we made a good deal. Considered his age and potential, he could end up doubling his worth in the course of some years – at least it's not unthinkable.

Maybe another reason why I'm slowly getting more and more on Depay-bandwagon is because I can't think of a winger who's remarkably better or way less risky than Depay and has a similiar age, big-league-experience and skillset. At least not in that price-range and realistic possibility to lure to us.

Pavon for example I only know from YouTube-Highlights. He seems to be exciting and I'd love to bring him here. But he's bloody young and outside Argentina unexperienced. He impossibly can't be our marquee-signing on the wings. We'd risk to burn him and do what Inter did with Shaqiri.

Unfortunately, I can not be in the Depay bandwagon. If you watched his performance against Italy, even Rugani had his number all day. Alessio treated him like a kid. I think he has a low release clause which makes him appealing but I am not sure at all.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
How will you rejoice?

2cih4w0.jpg

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I'm also more and more convinced on Depay. Simply can't find a better option unless they're already world class and out of our reach.
I'm way less convinced about Morata and Ceballos tho.
Could maybe live with Ceballos for under 25 million, but Morata at around 70 would be pure madness for our club to take a huge gamble like that

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
I dont think that we're paying Chelsea the amount they paid for a player who mostly flopped there, is hated by fans, and wants out... one year later.

they're gonna take a financial hit

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Can't spell MarioReality without L

June 7, and you're trying to drop Ls on me?

If I'm not mistaken, you're one of the leaders of the L taking crew in this Li saga.

But, carry on.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I have misgivings about Morata. I don't think he will flop, but I don't think he will excel. If we do sign him, I see him manage 10-12 goals at most. That would mean Cutrone would have to repeat or surpass his tally from last year to get us to where we want in terms of goals.

If Kalinic stays (likely), I hope his football memory kicks in.

Immobile over Morata for me.

Zgontronoman

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I'm not sure if watching this makes me happy or sad...holy fuck he was incredible.

Look at that counterattack at 3:36.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
8_F818365-8_CF6-4_FBF-_AE16-46_F956_E3991_C.jpg

FYI, this is Turki Al Shaikh, MBS’s right hand man when it comes to youth and sport. He’s basically in change of everything related to sports in Saudi Arabia and has a LOT of power and influence suddenly in the last couple of years. If there’s anything going on ownership wise with Saudi, it will be through him.
What event was this picture?

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont think that we're paying Chelsea the amount they paid for a player who mostly flopped there, is hated by fans, and wants out... one year later.

they're gonna take a financial hit

They paid 80m for him. Reports say they want 70 now. And he has 7 million net salary. Simply not worth it

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I have misgivings about Morata. I don't think he will flop, but I don't think he will excel. If we do sign him, I see him manage 10-12 goals at most. That would mean Cutrone would have to repeat or surpass his tally from last year to get us to where we want in terms of goals.

If Kalinic stays (likely), I hope his football memory kicks in.

Immobile over Morata for me.

Cutrone over Morata for me.

If Morata is our idea of a top striker, I'd much rather that money went to the wings.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
morata is talented and he's been playing at a high level for a long time. In theory should be in his prime but he's playing with the consistency and attitude of a 20 year old trying to find himself

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cutrone:

Transfer fee = 0
Salary = 1 million + bonuses after the upcoming renewal
Minutes per goal in the league = 151

Morata:

Transfer fee: ~70 million
Salary: ~ 7 million
Minutes per league goal = 188

Which looks like the better option?

P. S. I know Morata is much more active in buildup play than Cutrone, but the cost vs quality gap is still way too wide with Morata. Absolute insanity if this is the plan

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
They paid 80m for him. Reports say they want 70 now. And he has 7 million net salary. Simply not worth it
With all those missed chances.. his price is on par with borini

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like another summer mercato where Raiola clients fuck us over.
This time by staying.

Reina didn't sign up to warm the bench for Dollar.

And you just know Bona will get a raise and continued faith as our superstar.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can not be in the Depay bandwagon. If you watched his performance against Italy, even Rugani had his number all day. Alessio treated him like a kid. I think he has a low release clause which makes him appealing but I am not sure at all.

Yeah I've watched that game too, and he certainly didn't wow me neither :D

Nevertheless his close-ball-controll and technique dodn't go unnoticed. A little bit too selfish at times. I genuily believe that our current roaster is better than the Dutch NT, so IMO he will do better with us than he did in that particular game.

I'm also more and more convinced on Depay. Simply can't find a better option unless they're already world class and out of our reach.
I'm way less convinced about Morata and Ceballos tho.
Could maybe live with Ceballos for under 25 million, but Morata at around 70 would be pure madness for our club to take a huge gamble like that

Yeah the price for Morata really is a bummer. If we are going to drop 70M on a strike I hope it's not for Morata. Not because I think he's useless but with that money I'd first go to Immobile or Belotti. Easily.

I'm not sure if watching this makes me happy or sad...holy fuck he was incredible.

Fuck me, I'm sad. I remember 2001 as the year my Milan-fandom kicked in for real, and it mainly was because of Sheva. My 1st Milan kit was his #7. He was able to score goals whener he wanted and how he wanted. Right foot, left foot, head, outside the aerea, inside... damn. A complete striker like you rarely saw even back in the days.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
France Football - Milan, backfire for Luiz Gustavo of Marseille: operation between 10 and 15 million

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sarri obtained 91 points with Napoli. That's a fantastic job. In many leages that's more than enough points to win it with a good margin between 1st and 2nd place. I wonder how Ancelotti is supposed to top that. At least it's not a given at all that he can.

The only way I see Napoli surpassing Juve is that other teams like us, Inter, Lazio, Roma or Atalanta will get stronger in comparision to Juve and take away more points from Juve than we did in the last couple of years.

Maybe they appointed him to teach them how to get past almighty Feyenoord, and the giant Shakhtar. Carlo was always better in european competitions

Those old videos make me sad actually, thats why i dont watch them often. What a crazy times, i dont think we will ever see team like this in Milan. Even if we had ammount of money PSG has, those are just different times, different players. That counterattack that you quoted, man... thats how you score a goal when you are 200 times better than your opponent :D

This time by staying.

:lol::lol::lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cutrone:

Transfer fee = 0
Salary = 1 million + bonuses after the upcoming renewal
Minutes per goal in the league = 151

Morata:

Transfer fee: ~70 million
Salary: ~ 7 million
Minutes per league goal = 188

Which looks like the better option?

P. S. I know Morata is much more active in buildup play than Cutrone, but the cost vs quality gap is still way too wide with Morata. Absolute insanity if this is the plan

What Miserabelli sees is a "complete package"(tall, fast, dribbler) and a striker that can't dribble.
Prolificness is secondary.

He saw his dreams temporarily crushed, after going as far as paying the agent before the player was secured - to no avail - so he went ALL IN for poor man's Morata(Andre Silva). Another "complete package" - but less tall, less pace and less dribbling skills.

And now he's back to chasing his ultimate dream.

Let's see how far he's prepared to go this time.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This time by staying.

Reina didn't sign up to warm the bench for Dollar.

And you just know Bona will get a raise and continued faith as our superstar.

What I am worried about as well.

Everyone is like Bona is at least good enough for bench. Right let’s pay a player 2+ mil a year to sit on the bench.

Worst case scenario is we blow our wad again on someone like Morata and have to use rest of funds on a winger. Bona and Dollar both stay and kept as starters and we go cheap again in midfield.

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
Fuck spending 70m on Morata. Dump that money and our winger budget on Draxler and Bailey. Let Cutrone spearhead our attack idgaf.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini

Edgar Davis Lol Just send this video to ma man Memph...
What u can also see in this video is the quality of the game Kaka, Sergi, Cafu, Maldini, Seedorf. This fluidity is speechless...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What Miserabelli sees is a "complete package"(tall, fast, dribbler) and a striker that can't dribble.
Prolificness is secondary.

He saw his dreams temporarily crushed, after going as far as paying the agent before the player was secured - to no avail - so he went ALL IN for poor man's Morata(Andre Silva). Another "complete package" - but less tall, less pace and less dribbling skills.

And now he's back to chasing his ultimate dream.

Let's see how far he's prepared to go this time.

We still haven’t cleaned up the first mess.

If it’s down to spending 50m+, Immobile is obviously a better choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule