1/2 - Uruguay (2) vs. Netherlands (3) - July 6th

Who will make the final?

• Total voters

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
BTW.... when did forlan decide to become maradona/ronaldinho/ronaldo all in 1? Apparently he really put in extra time with jabulani cause as complete a forward as he was before.... in this tourney, doing everything... playmaking, screamers outside box, tap ins, free kicks etc.

+1

IN06_PO_140089f.jpg

LOL beware of the cooker :D

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Of which you witnessed how many? LOL!

Glory hunters :rolleyes:
Me, only watching 1 of those "wins", doesn't make the statement any less correct.

Glory Hunters? It's you that mentioned Brazil first. You didn't see me parading how Brazil deserved it more. Just because I like watching Brazil, doesn't mean I can't comment "rightfully" about other teams.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Kuyt + Hunt + Robben + Boomel + Persie + Elia etc ... celebrating with the fans in the stadium :star:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uruguay can be very proud even with the defeat. Great game, great WC. Not the brightest or the most talent gifted team in the tournament, but played with heart and passion like no other. That's all one can ask.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Uruguay can be very proud even with the defeat. Great game, great WC. Not the brightest or the most talent gifted team in the tournament, but played with heart and passion like no other. That's all one can ask.

+1 :star:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
see i never got this.....
People claim seedorf is lazy. According to every coach and player, seedorg is hardest worker in training, and to me, he always works hard in matches. Again he has physical limitations and is more o a 'thinker' when he plaerS (he fucking loves to hold the ball up... but its not laziness, its just his play).....
Those coaches saw him when he was young I guess we have another Seedorf. As I've pointed out from my trip to Milan he makes these runs that can only be for one reason - get out of the play when the ball is at opposition. How can I be sure? He just runs past last defender like his speed was 60km/ph and then starts trutleing back. And I mean turtleing. He was twice past opposition goalkeeper when the ball was near our area in that Roma game I went IIRC. He was at least in offside position when we recieved the free-kick Riise cannoned in.

It's harder to see it from TV, but after I saw it live I knew to expect it and he does that A LOT. So much I started to have a grudge against him. Most frustrating Milan player for me for that very reason.
Of which you witnessed how many? LOL!

Glory hunters :rolleyes:
Don't you support Brazil as well in the final tournament? Not that it's directly assosiated to the quoted post ... and sorry for not reading most of the WC threads.
how can someone that likes Germany would accept just reaching the semifinals

They celebrated the 3-rd spot last time.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
They celebrated a win in a match for 3rd place.

I don't think it was that simple. They went to the tournament with little hopes and then provided great emotions(sth Uruguay is doing 2010). And then celebrated a succesful tournament in the city(can't remember if they had a bus), just like with second place from EUROs.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
They celebrated the 3-rd spot last time.
It's fairly different this time, it's their 3rd time in a row in semifinals, they have been clearly the best team so far (only Wet Ones believes they were 4 years ago), and they're the only one with real winners pedigree left. Seriously if I was german I would be pissed off if they didn't win it.

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
I don't think it was that simple. They went to the tournament with little hopes and then provided great emotions(sth Uruguay is doing 2010). And then celebrated a succesful tournament in the city(can't remember if they had a bus), just like with second place from EUROs.

Everyone celebrates their medals, thats normal. They surely wouldn't celebrate a 4th place.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
So... are we also going to blame the horrendous refereeing on the Jabulani?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
seriously, fuck Holland's luck, its getting annoying, I have never seen a team this lucky since jube/united.

Hard luck uruguay, if they had lugano and fucile, I had no doubt they would go through.

Btw, did anyone notice how Serie A players are sucking balls? (apart from wesgay sneijder)

+ Fuck cavani.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
It seems your argument is getting silly. Clearly you have nothing better to say than fail at trying to be witty. So I won't waste more time on this topic anymore.
Silly? Hehe. How come? Too smart for you?

I was just trying to piss you off. :tongue:
My argument is silly, ey?

No, but he hasn't carried neither his team nor his national team to any big trophy, therefore can't be considered world class.

Even though he's a great player that I rate very highly.
So how did you rate Fabregas? He has also been leading Arsenal to any good. You say Van persie isn't great yet Fabregas is - when you're replying to the same argument ----- Being essential to a team that hasn't won a trophy since 2005.

When did I say Robben isn't injury prone?! :conf:
You used an argument to claim that Robbin Van Perie isn't great due to several reasons - one being injury prone and second being inconsistent. Yet Robben is very "consistent" when fit ...double standards much? When Van Persie gets back from injury he often performs greatly.

Why are you pretending to be a smart ass? I said strike, are you illiterate?
Illiterate? hehe. Usually when someone says "Strikes" me it usually is because one made a certain conclusion out of a certain "events".

He had problems with van Marwjik at Feynoord as well. He once moved him to the reserve team because of his attitude, and said about it: "His behaviour made it impossible for him to remain in the squad any longer so he will join the reserve side for the time being"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_van_Persie#cite_note-sun-6. He even sent him home before a game vs Real Madrid because of his crap attitude.
He's had problems - you pointed it out..that's what I wanted from the " problems as?". Does this make him a player who sucks? No. Cassano sure has his career destroyed because of his "attitude", Van Persie's attitude is no where close to destroying his career.

It's Dennis not Denis. :rolleyes: I haven't watch Bergkamp since the start of his career, but I've watched him a lot with Arsenal and Netherlands since 1998.
I thought names can be written as one wishes. Me not writing Denis the way it's written doesn't prove anything on a football point of view.

You said all big players flopped this tournament. Which doesn't make it right to flop. Maradona and Pele didn't flop before. Neither did Villa flop this tournament. The thing is that the other "great players" have been playing with teams that are very good, that it makes it THAT easy to shine this "much".

If you don't wish to continue this, it's your right. I guess we'll not agree eventually, but I'm trying to prove a point that anyone who watches Van Persie knows how good he is. Not Messi - but he's surely a great player. Again, some people see Pele better than Maradona ..and others think Messi is not as good as Maradona ...each has his opinion. This is merely my point of view. And I respect your point of view.

By the way, back to your first argument "overrated" - actually many people believe he's just "another" striker.

[/QUOTE]

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
So... are we also going to blame the horrendous refereeing on the Jabulani?

I guess that we need to be "happy" when the referee and the Jabulani are only ones to blame.

Tomorrow there will be a referee, Jabulani and the Academy Awards contest.

Fernando Street and David Winslet are the favorites.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
I cant believe sme people are still making "is this the worse world cup ball ever?" video's and "x great player blasts jabulani" like wtf get over it ....no knock on you Adriancg

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
I cant believe sme people are still making "is this the worse world cup ball ever?" video's and "x great player blasts jabulani" like wtf get over it ....no knock on you Adriancg

You missed my point by a mile. I'm saying since everyone seems to be blaming the Jabulani for poor showings (say, Greene. Stelekenburg will probably blame Forlan's goal on it even though it was 100% him) it wouldn't surprise me that they also blame it for the craptacular refereeing.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
and btw, this is the worst world cup ever.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Btw, did anyone notice how Serie A players are sucking balls? (apart from wesgay sneijder)

+ Fuck cavani.

fails to compare with EPL:D...i thought some italian based players did well.....Lucio+ Juan+Sneijder+Muslera+Adiyiah:o+Samuel+ i could go on...give me a day or so.:D...the best have come from spain but from La otra Liga ...which consists of no farca or Merda .....its tough enough to fight it out between those two:o

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
You missed my point by a mile. I'm saying since everyone seems to be blaming the Jabulani for poor showings (say, Greene. Stelekenburg will probably blame Forlan's goal on it even though it was 100% him) it wouldn't surprise me that they also blame it for the craptacular refereeing.

I know what you mean i just said
no knock on you Adriancg
,because i thought you might take offence ...:)

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought you were going to be happy with your european team winning it. See wishes like those end up sending Hollad to the finals.

my european team? lol, like i give a shit, all i want is good football, and proper teams reaching the end, this world cup lacked so much quality.

I said that south american had no chance because its obvious, only argentina and uruguay were left, but that didnt mean i was against the south americans(apart from paraguay).

Uruguay did piss me off against south korea tho...:tongue:

I've watched 4 world cups, I dont have a proper memory of 98 but this is by far the worst world cup I have ever seen, or international tournament.

Through

Beginner
Reaction score
seriously, fuck Holland's luck, its getting annoying, I have never seen a team this lucky since jube/united.

Hard luck uruguay, if they had lugano and fucile, I had no doubt they would go through.

+ Fuck cavani.

Hard luck for uruguay? Every shot they fired on goal went in ;)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've watched 4 world cups, I dont have a proper memory of 98 but this is by far the worst world cup I have ever seen, or international tournament.

I'm agreeing with this, whilst I don't think it's been terrible it really hasn't been as good as the other 3 I remember (thought similar to you, my memories of 98 involve Diego Simeone, Michael Owen and France beating Brazil)

Poor football for the majority of the group stage, nothing too exciting in the knock outs. Infact, Slovakia - Italy has been the best game of the tournament as far as entertaining football goes.

Holland play shite, Spain haven't got going, Argentina were brilliant in bursts whilst Brazil were efficient.

Germany have been the only team that have been entertaining to watch.

And if anybody is going to reply to this telling me otherwise - I don't care, I want to be entertained which is what a world cup usually provides. The Euro's are better for actual games.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know what you mean i just said ,because i thought you might take offence ...:)

Oh, then I missed your point by a mile lol.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
it all comes down to a matter of opinion and preference....trying not to be all patriotic i thought it was great ITO shocks and records breaking (good and bad) not knowing the outcome of any game (except milanista and Paul) most of the time ......time well spent

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I just cant believe that Holland reached the final :head:
Its all Dunga's fault for being an asshole.
Lets put the entire game aside , how the fuck Bommel is still getting away with tactical fouls game in & game out ?
This is really getting ridiculous.
I just dont care who wins in Spain-Germany as long as the winner squeeze the fuck out of the orange.

Schedule