Who will make the final?

• Total voters

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I just cant believe that Holland reached the final :head:
Its all Dunga's fault for being an asshole.
Lets put the entire game aside , how the fuck Bommel is still getting away with tactical fouls game in & game out ?
This is really getting ridiculous.
I just dont care who wins in Spain-Germany as long as the winner squeeze the fuck out of the orange.
Not an Aounist, ey? Hehehe.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
my european team? lol, like i give a shit, all i want is good football, and proper teams reaching the end, this world cup lacked so much quality.

I said that south american had no chance because its obvious, only argentina and uruguay were left, but that didnt mean i was against the south americans(apart from paraguay).

Uruguay did piss me off against south korea tho...:tongue:

I've watched 4 world cups, I dont have a proper memory of 98 but this is by far the worst world cup I have ever seen, or international tournament.

See i've seen 5 world cups, been to usa 94 france 98, germany 06 (well atleast 1 game each)... (I won't claim italia 1990, though i was staying w/ family in milan at time.... my dad went to game w/ uncle in law and jerks didnt take 5 year old me :p) and i can say frommy perspective.... all i remember this cup is EXACTLY on par with every other cup.....
-Germany are playing great football
-Teams like uruguay play with so much determination and heart (not unlike alot of teams in 2002)
-Spain, netherlands have played very effective good football
-teams like argentina, mexico, brazil showed flashes

edit: My point is some teams rp laying great, some are playing off and on, some sucked. It happens at all tourneys...

But it goes MUCH beyond that.... this is international football. It's NEVER on par with club football for a variety of reasons, largest bing a long club season tiring players and lack of cohesiveness. Football is ultimate team game, and usually people define good football as 11 men working as 1 unit good interchange, team play etc.. To do this you need chemistry, to develop chemistry you need to play together often. It's just not a fair reuqest. Even when you watch spain, you see xavi and iniesta move together but they r off bear with Torres or ex. Is anyone gonna lack the quality of torres?

I truly think you probabl just don't clearly remember 2006 or 2002, i mean ou were what 16 years old in 2006? I don't remember shit all that clearly from when I was 16.

World cup is the world cup. For me it's always great as you see a level of commitment/passion you just can't see on club level. Even if football is lower. It's simply not the same.... playing for your family, your country is just different.

oh btw, when i was 9 years old i got romario to sign a USA 1994 world cup hat i had. I was almost as tall as him. Midget fuck :p

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This has been a good world cup.
The disappointment is simply refs fucking up in a ridiculous way.
Holland playing like they are + reaching the final isnt helping either.
Rather than that usually average teams like Uru playing better than big teams make this world cup not as bad as ppl wanna think.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This has been a good world cup.
The disappointment is simply refs fucking up in a ridiculous way.
Holland playing like they are + reaching the final isnt helping either.
Rather than that usually average teams like Uru playing better than big teams make this world cup not as bad as ppl wanna think.

This!

Though i always wonder, do you think reffing is THAT much worse... or is it all the technology of 40000 camera's in a stadium??

High definition camera's able to zoom in on closest angles and freeze things down. I remember controversial calls from 10 years ago, that u replay and replay and u just can't 100% tell

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
That is the thing. The camera rarely misses anything and the refs do every game.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This!

Though i always wonder, do you think reffing is THAT much worse... or is it all the technology of 40000 camera's in a stadium??

High definition camera's able to zoom in on closest angles and freeze things down. I remember controversial calls from 10 years ago, that u replay and replay and u just can't 100% tell
I think its refs fucking up.
What camera got to do with Paraguayans butchering spanish players without someone to stop em or a ref who will actually stop a player like bommel making consecutive tactical fouls over n over.
Argentina's goal didnt need a replay & England goal needed a simple replay.

This world cup should be a reason to make a revolution of the game so such things never occur again.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Of the ones I've seen
-Of course I was a wild baby for Italy 1990, totally remember Cayasso's goal, took my milk bottle and started to throw milk all over the room celebrating, just like new born or almost new born Calum remembers it. So cool WC :D (though books say it was the most boring one, and if you see the results you could say, but there were nice surpises, Camerun, us, Colombia).
-94, ah, yeah I do remember it, but I wasn't a huge football fan, but I like what I saw, I do have nice memories of it, but I mean can't say much about the football.
-98, ok this one I remember very well, loved it. Of course I hated France and they ended up winning it, but I loved Croatia, Chile and Denmark and that Holland was 10000x better than this one, and so much cooler (of course, what else could I expect from a Holland with Seedorf on it?). Argentina was also nice, Batistuta, Vieri, Sucker, such big names for me back then (I guess an 11 year old today feels Villa, Sneijder, Forlan are on that level...though I just don't feel it).
-2002, loved CR in it, we played beautifully there, but the rest of the WC was disgusting. Let me start with the terrible schedule, and that I wasn't in vacations and that for some odd reason that whole month I had tests. Actually I loved the group stages, thought they were exciting, but games like Korea vs Italy and vs Spain, Germany vs USA, Brazil vs Belgium made things be so disgustingly fishy.
-2006, hated CR in it, but overall I loved it. Exciting games, it wasn't too predictable, and I think the 4 teams that reach the semifnals were indeed the best 4 (well probably Argentina was better than Portugal, but otherwise). And I loved how dirty Holland-Portugal was, and how clueless Graham Poll was. I loved how determined Spain was to retire old Zizou, and how it once again showed that a team full of stars isn't neccesarly a team, and my favorite ET ever, with Italy-Germany (so much tension in that game). And the headbutt, I still don't get why of all the things he could've done, he went for a headbutt.

-2010, I've actually liked it. It has had lots of drama (that last minute of Ghana-Uruguay worth the whole cup or the 2 pks in Paraguay-Spain), lots of surprises. Ok it has had a bad officiating that at times can make people remember about Korea and Japan, but I just don't feel this way, I feel mistakes have fucked up everyone in general, it's not really directed to make certain teams arrive to a final.

At the end of the day, I mostly didn't like Korea-Japan cause it was fishy and it had terrible schedules for me, but most WCs are the same. There's a nice surprise team (in fact IMO 2006 lacked that), there's drama, there's exciting games, it's not all predictable, there's bad officiating...good games, awful games.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
The actual quality of this WC has been awful. Worst I think I've ever seen.
The main excitment has been over England, France and Italy's awful showing.

And the horns make it even worse. I like to hear an atmosphere, songs from the crowd, anger at decisions, abuse to players ect. The only country who have been heard consistantly over those bloody things was England.

Also doesn't help that most of the big players haven't turned up.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The actual quality of this WC has been awful. Worst I think I've ever seen.
The main excitment has been over England, France and Italy's awful showing.

And the horns make it even worse. I like to hear an atmosphere, songs from the crowd, anger at decisions, abuse to players ect. The only country who have been heard consistantly over those bloody things was England.

Also doesn't help that most of the big players haven't turned up.

this post can be summarized with "Everything Sky tv told me about football didn't happen :("

edit: I've noticed people like to say quality sucks or it sucks in general if teams they like or think "SHOULD" win lose. If Uruguay or paraguay was wearing france or italy jerseys we'd be applauding them and forlan would being talked about as player of tourney.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I'm too tired to think whether you're being sarcastic or not, so bog off :tongue:

Though Sky haven't shown the WC. BBC coverage has actually been very good overall. Klinsman, Hodgson, Seedorf ect.

edit:

And the refereeing in this WC has been bloody awful too.

OneUnited

Reaction score
Felt really bad for Forlan. Shame that it had to be at the expense of a place in the final for him. He really deserved it.

All the best to the Netherlands in the final. It's about time they made their return. I'll flip the fuck out if they actually win it.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
What camera got to do with Paraguayans butchering spanish players without someone to stop em

I think he is refering to how much more obvious it is today with a million cameras all over the pitch to notice every single mistake by the refs. Also that "butchering" it's called defending, I know it has died down in europe with this new trend to leave open spaces for one trick ponys to look like best players ever (with few exceptions, though well at the end of the day it's done by latinamericans), but it's still very well known as defending elsewhere. If only Cabañas would've been there, dear Paraguay deserved better.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
See i've seen 5 world cups, been to usa 94 france 98, germany 06 (well atleast 1 game each)... (I won't claim italia 1990, though i was staying w/ family in milan at time.... my dad went to game w/ uncle in law and jerks didnt take 5 year old me :p) and i can say frommy perspective.... all i remember this cup is EXACTLY on par with every other cup.....
-Germany are playing great football
-Teams like uruguay play with so much determination and heart (not unlike alot of teams in 2002)
-Spain, netherlands have played very effective good football
-teams like argentina, mexico, brazil showed flashes

edit: My point is some teams rp laying great, some are playing off and on, some sucked. It happens at all tourneys...

But it goes MUCH beyond that.... this is international football. It's NEVER on par with club football for a variety of reasons, largest bing a long club season tiring players and lack of cohesiveness. Football is ultimate team game, and usually people define good football as 11 men working as 1 unit good interchange, team play etc.. To do this you need chemistry, to develop chemistry you need to play together often. It's just not a fair reuqest. Even when you watch spain, you see xavi and iniesta move together but they r off bear with Torres or ex. Is anyone gonna lack the quality of torres?

I truly think you probabl just don't clearly remember 2006 or 2002, i mean ou were what 16 years old in 2006? I don't remember shit all that clearly from when I was 16.

World cup is the world cup. For me it's always great as you see a level of commitment/passion you just can't see on club level. Even if football is lower. It's simply not the same.... playing for your family, your country is just different.

oh btw, when i was 9 years old i got romario to sign a USA 1994 world cup hat i had. I was almost as tall as him. Midget fuck :p

you may think its like that, but overrall IMO, the world cup has been shit, enjoyed a few games + germany, other than that the quality has been average and most games have been boring.

I certainly remember 2002 and 2006 without a doubt, you may have a shit memory(from all those hangovers:tongue:) but I dont.:D

Do you still have the hat?

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal :D
Robben header ftw.

Never thought i was going to experience this in my life. Watching the game with 80.000 people on a square in Amsterdam :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal :D
Robben header ftw.

Never thought i was going to experience this in my life. Watching the game with 80.000 people on a square in Amsterdam :D
I just realized the pacman in your avatar. /facepalm

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
PS-Congrats to all my Dutch brothers and sisters.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
That is a pisstake. If Van Persie was not intefering then surely Cardozo wasn't either. Bullshit referee's with double standards. Paraguay should definitely be playing Germany and Uruguay in the final.

What about Cavani at about 88 minutes? He wasn't offside and his parried header would have been slotted away by a Uruguayan.

Stupid shitty referee's.

yeah that was awful, it looked like 3 guys could have gotten to that ball and put it in. And that 2nd goal should not have counted, he was offside and screening the keeper. BTW Muslera has been great. He has been one of the best keepers in the tournament and he is only 24.

You have to love the fight that Uruguay had, and with so many important players out.

PS- why the hell did the take Forlan out at the end??? Even if he is gassed, leave him in for the last ten minutes, the dude is a champ.

Uzumaki

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Pato, Thiago Silva, Lahm, Celski, Nadal, Pacquiao
Congrats Holland, even though I wanted Uruguay to win. They fought so hard.

If Germany don't make it to the finals, I hope Holland wins their first World Cup.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
unfair ...aren't you the oldest person on this forum???

No I'm not! :mad:

:tongue:

Don't you support Brazil as well in the final tournament? Not that it's directly assosiated to the quoted post ... and sorry for not reading most of the WC threads.

Never did. Never will.

Brazil-98-Home-PIC%20USE.jpg

he's actually German :D

they have been clearly the best team so far (only Wet Ones believes they were 4 years ago)

Please tell me what other team in 2006 played as well as Germany did?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Argentina till pekerman took off riquelme :(

italy should be credited for being damn neat impenetrable too.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Please tell me apart from games vs CR (I love my country, but please), Ecuador (already qualified for next round) and Portugal (3rd place game) when did Germany played so well? Against Sweeden it was a very just effective game, against Argentina well, just give thanks to Pekerman (geez all the shit Maradona gets and heres a tactical genious that totally gave the game away), Poland it was kind of boring, and against Italy...it was intense but Italy was certainly the best team in the whole game.

Argentina, Italy (yeah you and Wild can laugh about it, the only 2 not really good games by Italy were against USA and France, they did well against Australia just lacked goal, and then the unfair red card kind of changed the game), and France since their 3rd game on (bar semifinal against Portugal) played better.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Argentina, Italy (yeah you and Wild can laugh about it, the only 2 not really good games by Italy were against USA and France, they did well against Australia just lacked goal, and then the unfair red card kind of changed the game), and France since their 3rd game on (bar semifinal against Portugal) played better.

So everyone Germany played (apart from Argentina) was lame. Argentina, Italy & France played the best teams in the tournament. Got it.

P.S. Germany had the best attack, top scorer & top midfielder (Schwenie with 2 goals & 3 assists). And a comment from a review of the Italy game:

Klinsmann consoled his players after the match. He has proved all his critics
totally and utterly wrong and took the German football back 2 decades, back to
when the team played an aggressive brand of direct, attacking football. They
have a bright future with him as coach.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
wrong thread

Last edited:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Uruguay fought hard and then in the last minutes tried everything to score a third goal, but that was not enough. They should've done more in the second half, then in the last minutes it was too late. But still they are in the fight for the 3rd/4th place, so a really good result for them.
The Netherlands have some really awesome players, in the attack their most important are surely Robben and Sneijder, they are perfect for this team in their positions. This time maybe they actually will also win the WC. A loss in the final would surely be a big disaster for them because they all have high hopes now.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Lol @ people whining about v Bommel. Yes he played dirrty but nobody seems to talk about Diego Perez? I think he made the most nasty fouls in the whole tournament..

Haters gonna hate..

And yes i'm back to my senses and this morning i realized how awfull we played yesterday. But we are among the 2 best teams in the world. Finaaaal :D

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bommel reminds me of samuel. No matter how dirty he plays hes still effective as fuck and almost never gets caught:eek:

Finally holland are in the final:D:D:star::star:. Just goes to show how incredibly awsome both sneijder and robben are:proud:. looooooooolllz @ perez, gets this years football clown award for sure with galliani trailing close behind.

I imagine allegri will go 4 the 3-1-2 now. Just where we would need sneijder. Good job management.

Schedule