English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Evra's had loads of great defensive performances. His play in the final 3rd is one of our best forms of attack, even if it's a decoy run.

He hasn't been the same player since he made that mistake vs Bayern in 09/10, but for a good 18 months before then he was one of, if not the best LB's in Europe. His performances shit all over Ashley Cole's at that time, despite the latter still getting all the credit.

Decoy runs, shit i could be Uniteds left back if i just gotta make decoy runs. What stats does Evra have anyways on the assits/goals/games played?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Decoy runs, shit i could be Uniteds left back if i just gotta make decoy runs. What stats does Evra have anyways on the assits/goals/games played?

Stats....

O'Shea has scored/assisted more at LB than Evra. Look beyond them. Evra's timing of the overlap, interchanging, quick passes, speed, positioning in attacking areas is immense. Defensively he's been poor since the Bayern game as I said, but before that he was perfectly fine.

For the record Ashish, the media don't rate him at all. Can't remember the last time I saw a newspaper give him more than a 6/10 after a match.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
:lol: so there is no stats :D

may be quoted from players can help him in his pursuit to greatest :D

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
how would terry spitting through his nose on Tevez make either any less of a cunt :conf:

Bellamy = hero
Robert Snodgrass knows how to treat Craig Bellamy

168165_161448877240151_161448253906880_378340_4125494_n.jpg

Decoy runs, shit i could be Uniteds left back if i just gotta make decoy runs.
:lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Stats....

O'Shea has scored/assisted more at LB than Evra. Look beyond them. Evra's timing of the overlap, interchanging, quick passes, speed, positioning in attacking areas is immense. Defensively he's been poor since the Bayern game as I said, but before that he was perfectly fine.

For the record Ashish, the media don't rate him at all. Can't remember the last time I saw a newspaper give him more than a 6/10 after a match.

a useful stat would be how many of his crosses hit the box, their target etc. etc.

I mean how many goals do united score based off crosses into dangerous area that line up a shot (which won't be recorded as an assist) or an own goal. You know, cross goes in, it's deflected around, rooney pounds it in etc.

Effective strategy

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Harry Redknapp believes Luka Modric's sale would strengthen Tottenham
• Money could be reinvested in 'three or four players'
• Emmanuel Adebayor amongst Redknapp's targets

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/18/redknapp-modric-sale-tottenham

Chelsea step up the pace in chase to prise Juan Mata from Valencia
• Arsenal and Spurs fall behind in pursuit of 23-year-old
• Winger joins Modric and Meireles as Blues' target

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/17/chelsea-juan-mata

Queens Park Rangers expected to announce takeover by Tony Fernandes
• AirAsia owner set to buy 66% stake
• Announcement expected on Thursday

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/17/qpr-takeover-tony-fernandes-bernie-ecclestone

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

good signing for the future :thumbsup: hope Chelsea win the PL this season :thumbsup:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I fear Utd wont be signing anybody : (

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
André Villas-Boas urges Chelsea to step up chase for Luka Modric
• Manager has spoken to chief executive about Spurs midfielder
• Club to make improved £27m bid for Valencia's Juan Mata

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/18/andre-villas-boas-luka-modric

Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic out for five weeks with calf injury
• Captain's injury worse than first thought
• Rio Ferdinand could be ready to face Arsenal

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/manchester-united-nemanja-vidic-injury

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
a useful stat would be how many of his crosses hit the box, their target etc. etc.

I mean how many goals do united score based off crosses into dangerous area that line up a shot (which won't be recorded as an assist) or an own goal. You know, cross goes in, it's deflected around, rooney pounds it in etc.

Effective strategy

Or rather how many goals he heavily influences.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Or rather how many goals he heavily influences.

that too. But general idea is looking at goals/assists is very simplistic.

i wish more advanced data like what i'm mentioning, you're mentioning was more available to public.

I know coaching staffs chart this stuff to death and keep track of it. Assistants watch film and record it, give it to head coaches etc.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
OMG the jizzfest these pansy boys are going to create while selling that air tragedy is going to make me puke.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
so chelsea want Mata?

I'm kind of curious on that. He's an awesome player for a 4-3-3. More of a wing-forward than pure winger.

Think is he's left footed and almost always plays left side. Malouda and Zhirkov are also left footed.

but for right side in a 4-3-3, who is there for them? I mean inverted winger works well, especially if you want him to score more. But seems odd in general.

I think chelsea will sign 2 players. When i look at there team it's really not that good. Essien out... lampard is aging but still good. Mikel's good not great. Ramires similar thing. Torres- dead. Drogba/Anelka aging, still productive but i mean all 3 play same position and while a 4-4-2 would work, do they have the midfield to play it?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I thought Zhirkov had been sold to the team that wants Eto'o?

Also, see Senatore - told you he wouldn't be anything special for chelski, trying to use that weak excuse to get me to pay more on soccer manager for him all those months ago :tongue:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Cheating though. And infinitely less exciting than counting passes.

god barca is so effective.

1) pass to death
2) dive if tackled
3) surround refs
4) intimidate team via media, calling any team who doesn't try to play them straight up 'anti-football' and 'cheats'

I mean it's impossible to beat them and come out appearing winners to general public

I thought Zhirkov had been sold to the team that wants Eto'o?

good call forgot he was sold

i sitll like him, but he never fit the 4-3-3

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He's gone from "We will definately not sell him - we aren't a selling club" to that. Pretty obvious that a deal is close to being accepted. Adebayor will be a good signing though.

they might be better suited anyway

------adebayor-----
bale----vdv-----lennon
huddster--sandro
---defense--------------

always thought modric at DM in a 2 man was a bit lightweight for EPL. Results show it too...

Makes them less 'beautiful' but probably more epl effective

Tottenham have actually performed better without him, registering a 52% win percentage when he hasn’t featured compared to a 43% figure when the star has appeared.
Spurs’ points-per-game average also rises in the absence of the schemer (1.74 per game without Modric compared to 1.57 with the player) while even the north Londoners’ potency in front of goal improved without the Croat.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/e...pa-league-playoff-hearts-spurs-preview-00887/

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so chelsea want Mata?

I'm kind of curious on that. He's an awesome player for a 4-3-3. More of a wing-forward than pure winger.

Think is he's left footed and almost always plays left side. Malouda and Zhirkov are also left footed.

but for right side in a 4-3-3, who is there for them? I mean inverted winger works well, especially if you want him to score more. But seems odd in general.

I think chelsea will sign 2 players. When i look at there team it's really not that good. Essien out... lampard is aging but still good. Mikel's good not great. Ramires similar thing. Torres- dead. Drogba/Anelka aging, still productive but i mean all 3 play same position and while a 4-4-2 would work, do they have the midfield to play it?

Signing 2 players in Mata and Modric would be insane creativity and not to mention that Torres looked pretty dangerous last weekend and will score this weekend against West Brom. Im ope to bets regarding this :tongue:

Ramires is also looking good but i think AVB is having a tough time with Kalou and Lampard. I think Fiero posted about Kalou being a player who is stuck between many positions and thus cant offer his maximum in one and i feel the same as he was meant to be a CF but then got played around and now he himself probably doesnt know whats his best position.

They signed Lukaku and Romeu so they need a winger and a CM so Mata and Modric could be the right fit. AVB might be thinking to try out Mata on the RW and Malouda on the left. Pity that they missed out on Alexis Sanchez, he would have been the perfect winger for them.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
they might be better suited anyway

------adebayor-----
bale----vdv-----lennon
huddster--sandro
---defense--------------

always thought modric at DM in a 2 man was a bit lightweight for EPL. Results show it too...

Makes them less 'beautiful' but probably more epl effective

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/e...pa-league-playoff-hearts-spurs-preview-00887/

In fairness Liverpool have a better record without Gerrard than with so I wouldn't swear by that.

I don't think it's really Modric's doing. Huddlestone isn't really a defensive midfielder and Spurs are too attacking for their own good at times. That plus the fact that Spurs lack a top class striker is why they suffered last season IMO.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In fairness Liverpool have a better record without Gerrard than with so I wouldn't swear by that.

I don't think it's really Modric's doing. Huddlestone isn't really a defensive midfielder and Spurs are too attacking for their own good at times. That plus the fact that Spurs lack a top class striker is why they suffered last season IMO.

I thought Palacios was going to be that man when they signed him, but he's just disappeared now.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cesc Fábregas is the best midfielder the Premier League has seen
Arsenal have lost a rare talent who played chess while all around were concentrating more on draughts

When Cesc Fábregas left Arsenal for Barcelona this week the Premier League lost the finest midfielder ever to play in English football: discuss. Which is roughly what a group of football writers were doing at a pre-season dinner when the subject of outstanding midfield players was raised.

The consensus was that in the 19 seasons since the First Division clubs broke away to form the Premier League the two best midfielders have been another Arsenal player, Patrick Vieira, and Manchester United's Paul Scholes, both of whom have just retired. Fábregas was almost up there with them but he is 24 and now that he is back at the Camp Nou something even better may be yet to come.

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/19/cesc-fabregas-arsenal-midfielder-barcelona

Fiero

Reaction score
Mata and Modric to Chelsea. Fuck yes. Now that's a scary team. Watch out PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule