• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i imagine if jube get vidal and a LW like bastos it'll lead to two tactical looks..

either 4-4-2 with marcisio/vidal at CM and bastos/krasic wide or 4-3-3/4-5-1's with pirlo inserted and one of rossi or bastos dropped.

it's only way it can feasibly work

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
as long as teams are using 1 or 3 man front lines they'll get worked.

The success of 3-men defences depend heavily on the quality of the fullbacks I'd think. Zanetti and Maicon are excellent for Inter. Liverpool has ordinary fullbacks and Napoli slightly better.

I wonder why Manchester United isn't interested in Vidal.

He's probably better than any of their current midfield players.

If Juve plays 4-2-4 with Pirlo and Vidal in midfield, doesn't that mean he'll be wasted? He'll have a fulltime job providing cover for Pirlo.

They won't play all out 4-2-4.. That's pretty clear from what Conte says these days. Pirlo-Vidal will get ample support from Marchisio as well. I bet it's gonna look more like a 4-3-3/4-4-2, depending on Krasic's positioning..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
@ 3mans... maybe but stilll, if you use 3 forwards or wide attackers in a 4-2-3-1 they can slip between the WB and side CB's stretching the CB's and then leaving ur central CB (sweeper i suppose) 1 on 1 with a CF.

They won't play all out 4-2-4.. That's pretty clear from what Conte says these days. Pirlo-Vidal will get ample support from Marchisio as well. I bet it's gonna look more like a 4-3-3/4-4-2, depending on Krasic's positioning..

to be honest, i've been saying milan should do this for years when we had pirlo. It's the unbalanced 4-4-2 that lippi used in world cup, marcisio taking the LM- perotta role, tucking in and creating a defacto 3 man supporting pirlo, krasic as camorenesi role as RW. Ziegler can provide Left with. The question is, gattuso was an absolute monster and pirlo was more mobile then, so can vidal replicate gattuso (unlikely, just a different player) and how bad has pirlo regressed in terms of physicality

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
to be honest, i've been saying milan should do this for years when we had pirlo. It's the unbalanced 4-4-2 that lippi used in world cup, marcisio taking the LM- perotta role, tucking in and creating a defacto 3 man supporting pirlo, krasic as camorenesi role as RW. Ziegler can provide Left with. The question is, gattuso was an absolute monster and pirlo was more mobile then, so can vidal replicate gattuso (unlikely, just a different player) and how bad has pirlo regressed in terms of physicality

Yes. I really liked that formation. Perrotta's role was rather under-rated. Pirlo and Gattuso were the stars, but Perrotta did his bit very well.

Right now, it would depend very very heavily on how well Vidal can do in his first season in Italy. If he flops, the lineup will undoubtedly flop. By selling Melo, they don't even have a plan B. Well, Pazienza is there, but ahem, Pirlo-Pazienza has the world-class look of a Rebecca Black single.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Roma got Gianluca Curci's full rights, will he be their keeper next year?

I think he is a pretty decent player, better than what the currently have at goalie at least

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Further hints that Juve will play 4-3-3 - Krasic's comments..

Adz77 Adam Digby
Meelosh"’ll be an attacker rather than a midfielder, this is the main difference & it’s ideally suited for me" #JuveNews That screams 4-3-3

Adz77 Adam Digby
Re Krasic' comment on being an attacker: You can dress up 4-2-4 anyway you like but he'd still be a midfielder, Juve will play 4-3-3

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Further hints that Juve will play 4-3-3 - Krasic's comments..

Adz77 Adam Digby
Meelosh"’ll be an attacker rather than a midfielder, this is the main difference & it’s ideally suited for me" #JuveNews That screams 4-3-3

Adz77 Adam Digby
Re Krasic' comment on being an attacker: You can dress up 4-2-4 anyway you like but he'd still be a midfielder, Juve will play 4-3-3

But this article in todays Gazzetta says otherwise.

The logical thing would be that Juve plays a 4-3-3 like you said. But the first friendlies and Conte's past career as a coach indicate otherwise.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But this article in todays Gazzetta says otherwise.

The logical thing would be that Juve plays a 4-3-3 like you said. But the first friendlies and Conte's past career as a coach indicate otherwise.

Ah, interesting. The difference between the two lineups is only Marchisio's role on the field. Would be interesting to see what it is..

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Roma got Gianluca Curci's full rights, will he be their keeper next year?

I think he is a pretty decent player, better than what the currently have at goalie at least

They abandoned the Kameni deal and are closing in on Stekelenburg - he is a shoe-in for the #1 spot.

I think Curci will plat second fiddle because Doni went to Liverpool and Julio Sergio went/is going to Lecce on loan. They need a pair of GK at the very least so these two fit the bill.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Interesting Bojan deal by Barca there. 12 million from Roma to buy him. But Barca can buy him back for 13 million in the summer of 2013. BUT, Roma can block this sale by paying 40 million then.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Interesting Bojan deal by Barca there. 12 million from Roma to buy him. But Barca can buy him back for 13 million in the summer of 2013. BUT, Roma can block this sale by paying 40 million then.

Its 12m plus 28m in 2013 bro.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I had no idea that Inler went on loan to Napoli. Do they have an option to buy him?

Roma have registered Heinzi in Lega Serie A, btw.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its 12m plus 28m in 2013 bro.

That's correct. Not 40 then, 28 then. Unlikely that would happen anyway. So Roma are essentially getting him for loan for 2 seasons. Phenomenal deal. And good for Barca also - no space for Bojan there anyway. 2 years' experience in a tougher league for strikers and then right back to Barcelona.

I had no idea that Inler went on loan to Napoli. Do they have an option to buy him?

Roma have registered Heinzi in Lega Serie A, btw.

Loan? I thought Inler was sold for some 13 million..

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even @ 13 mil thats still somehow cheap. Poor udine, part from sanchez they really didnt cash in bigtime with zapata + inler and will obviously crash out in CL.

Kinda makes it look right italy is down to 3 cl spots. 2nd year in a row the italian squad that finsihed 4th was unable to maintain a competitive team that could have gone further in the CL.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
God juventus never cease to amaze me in stupidity. Melo is their best CM. A player who is top 4 quality, who they paid 25 mil for, and they are loaning him for 2m il with option to buy for another 13?!

Really? Why woudl you do this. They got Vidal, and Melo, Vidal, Pirlo, MArcisio... that's actually a pretty damn strong CM rotation. You can play 4-4-2 with wingers with any combo of those players minus pirlo, and you can play a great 3 man if you insert pirlo.

Instead it's 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards. Sign Krasic, sell diego for a loss, sign vidal, sell melo for a loss

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Conte does not like him. Conte wants to play without a DM. Well, no point keeping him in the bench. When you have invested in a new project, you might as well have full faith in the coach.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Conte does not like him. Conte wants to play without a DM. Well, no point keeping him in the bench. When you have invested in a new project, you might as well have full faith in the coach.

except he's not a pure DM, he's actually a pretty solid CM. Not vidal/marcisio type, but i mean he can pass and shoot.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And get a guaranteed yellow card. He's not my kinda player - too temperamental, moody and basically not dependable. IMO, they are just upgrading to Vidal.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
And get a guaranteed yellow card. He's not my kinda player - too temperamental, moody and basically not dependable. IMO, they are just upgrading to Vidal.

meh. I think they generally lack quality though. So yeah Vidal is slightly better all around player i could see combo being awesome.

Melo is best when he is a pure anchor, i do think his cards come from trying to do too much and wreckless running challenge. And then like Vidal be more box to box and push up and distribute a bit more.

I simply don't think they have enough talent to give away 'talent for fit'. Just like last year, selling diego for pepe/martinez. Terrible.

Fiero

Reaction score

But they start a new project every year...

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

I don't know whether it will work, but Roma seems to be having quite an impressive transfer campaign:

- Lamela
- Bojan Krkic
- Jose Angel
- Maybe Stekelenburg?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But they start a new project every year...

Good point :lol:

I don't know whether it will work, but Roma seems to be having quite an impressive transfer campaign:

- Lamela
- Bojan Krkic
- Jose Angel
- Maybe Stekelenburg?

I hope they dont sell Vucinic though. They need the experience and he's totally a big game player.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Why good mercato for roma??

roma is just gambling.

and get rid of vucinic dont help at all.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Felipe Melo got only 6 yellow cards and 1 red in Serie A last season. It's actually much less than one would expect from a DM, less than other holding midfielders in Serie A. Boss picked this exactly number in half this game time (though some where unfair).

People overrate his temper just cause when he fucks up it tends to be violent. His red was a violent kick, but it was his only one all season.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Felipe Melo got only 6 yellow cards and 1 red in Serie A last season. It's actually much less than one would expect from a DM, less than other holding midfielders in Serie A. Boss picked this exactly number in half this game time (though some where unfair).

People overrate his temper just cause when he fucks up it tends to be violent. His red was a violent kick, but it was his only one all season.

same with pepe at RM, to be honest.

But I agree, Melo's problems have been in teams where he overextends himself and makes flamini challenges. When midfield is set up well, and he has defined role (which he does at a WC level) than he is a very good player.

This is jube being jube. Blaming someone who they misused for not being something he never was

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo

this dont mean much imo.. u could have 15 yellow cards for only pull shirts and stuff..

he kicked the guy on the face i think... melo is a ******.. this is his only problem.

he can play football decently, but he cant control his temper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule