Week 4: Sampdoria vs AC Milan - Friday 16/09/2016 - 20:45 CET

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
hqdefault.jpg

Current league standings:

zogqxu.png

Match Preview

Head to head records:

Wins: 5 Sampdoria, 17 Milan
Draws: 6

Previous games:

Sampdoria loss 2-3 to Roma
Milan loss 0 -1 to Udinese

Expected formation:

*To be added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
You sure it's 19:45 CET?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
You sure it's 19:45 CET?

Well when i google it, it says 9:45 PM "All times are in Eastern European Time". And CET is -2 compared to EET.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Technically you're right, but this might be confusing

We're currently in summer time or CEST, but no one uses CEST

The game is on 20:45 / 8:45pm aka CL time in Central Europe

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Technically you're right, but this might be confusing

We're currently in summer time or CEST, but no one uses CEST

The game is on 20:45 / 8:45pm aka CL time in Central Europe

Well then a mod should change it, as i cannot edit thread titles:)

Sorry for the confusion lads.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Donnarumma
Calabria-Paletta-Romagnoli-De Sciglio
Pasalic-Sosa-Bonaventura
Suso-Bacca-Niang

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
why do people want pasalic?

i have never seen him play

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I have seen him, he can bring some pace in our slow midfield, and some runs forward to find space. Despite he is not special.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
iirc bertolacci was once good in running fast forward too

we need a holding midfielder who can also distribute

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable line up according to GdS:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Sosa, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang;

Why Monto & Sosa together? Another slow game?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I rather introduce Locatelli when our midfield and team is more balanced.

Bertolacci is still out injured right?

Still no idea what type of player Pasalic is

Playing with both Bona and Sosa in the midfield can't be a good idea

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
3 - 4 - 3

Donnarumma

Gomez - Paletta - Romagnoli

Calabria - Poli - Sosa - Bonaventura

Suso - Bacca - Niang

Giampiero+Gasperini+Genoa+CFC+v+Udinese+Calcio+r_fQ2ZKBM1zl.jpg

Gasperini true GOAT, sorry Wincenzo :head:

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Probable line up according to GdS:

Donnarumma; Calabria, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Sosa, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang;

Why Monto & Sosa together? Another slow game?

Niang back, another speedy game ;)

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I predict a loss. This Giampaolo team is very difficult to play against.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
another loss i predict. 2-1 sampdoria

if we win, rnb will proclaim that we have what it takes to finish top 3.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is gonna be Montella's test as far as i am concerned. He had more then enough time to figure out what's the best possible formations to adopt with this current crop of players.

Yes i said formations, because if we have injuries our formation should change a bit, considering the team is very poorly built and we don't have suitable back up for anyone that's actually decent in the first 11.

We shouldn't keep forcing players in positions they are not comfortable with, Montella needs to adopt a Ranieri type approach, and play each player to their strengths and adopt tactics around their skills (however limited they may be ).

Clean sheet & a win will send a clear message to everybody that thinks we are up for grabs.

Forza Milan!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is gonna be Montella's test as far as i am concerned. He had more then enough time to figure out what's the best possible formations to adopt with this current crop of players.

Yes i said formations, because if we have injuries our formation should change a bit, considering the team is very poorly built and we don't have suitable back up for anyone that's actually decent in the first 11.

We shouldn't keep forcing players in positions they are not comfortable with, Montella needs to adopt a Ranieri type approach, and play each player to their strengths and adopt tactics around their skills (however limited they may be ).

Clean sheet & a win will send a clear message to everybody that thinks we are up for grabs.

Forza Milan!

:fp: It's his fourth official game for gods sake. Give the man some time.

Hopefully with Niang we can solve some issues with our predictable attack. Only issue for me like everyone mentioned is who to play in midfield. Bonaventura has the LCM locked. Kucka will play RCM when he's back. I'd like to see Sosa in the middle, but it seems like they're going to allow Monto a few more chances before we dump him (hopefully). Still think he could perform and maybe the fire under his feet could get him moving for once.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:fp: It's his fourth official game for gods sake. Give the man some time.

3 games + preseason + the international break is more then enough time to figure shit out if you're a good coach.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3 games + preseason + the international break is more then enough time to figure shit out if you're a good coach.

It would, maybe, if you have the players you asked for to play the game you want to play.

He was dealt players that he never asked for and hardly has any players to play his way.

The least we can do is give him time to figure things out.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It would, maybe, if you have the players you asked for to play the game you want to play.

He was dealt players that he never asked for and hardly has any players to play his way.

The least we can do is give him time to figure things out.

Nah mate, 2 and 1/2 months is more then enough even if you don't have the squad you desired. What he is he a sloth or something? It doesn't take 6 months to get to know a current crop of players.

Plus its not like the whole team was assembled this summer, these guys already play in the same team for quite some time.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Some players were on euro and took break after it, some players joined late or had injuries iirc.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Some players were on euro and took break after it, some players joined late or had injuries iirc.

Dafuq are you on about, only DS and Kucka were at the EUROS, an neither are a integral part of the team.

And we didn't have our team plagued with injuries either. Stop making dumb excuses.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

2-5 more games I'd say.

But management will say 15 games

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Dafuq are you on about, only DS and Kucka were at the EUROS, an neither are a integral part of the team.

And we didn't have our team plagued with injuries either. Stop making dumb excuses.

Well when i agree about euro, i still remember we played often vargara and ely in def, locatelli, zanellato even la ferrara in midfield, matri was used as striker and we got our difference making susa, pasalic, mati when season was ready to start, lapadula was injured as our top transfer (money wise) golden serieB striker. Zapata got injured and cr7 sign with him new contract for next 3 years. Gomez didnt play much with team also iirc.
Dont remember what was idea for all this rotatation tbh, but i dont understand why coaches use poli when he is proven serieB player. I would guess coach tried to figure out who may be useful in this team and who is just crap... or maybe he tried to prove that half of this team shouldnt have professional contracts in football.

Schedule