• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Buy the people who can get us UCL next season, Resale value is secondary.

If Higuain and Vidal can get us top 4 we should jump at it, Robben for 13M as well is a no brainer.

No resale value, no players... simple as that :lol:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Bayern Munich want Inter Milan to increase their bid for Arturo Vidal to €30m, according to Bild. AC Milan are also interested. #FCBayern #Inter #ACM

Just do it.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Yeah I don't care about resale value if it means CL and Vidal definitely is better than any of our current mids.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don´t doubt that Vidal would be good for us this season, but I´m not so sure about the quality of a 33-34 yo Vidal.

This kind of transfers are traps, people get excited for a 30-31 yo and than he declines within 1-2 years.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Pedulla on Higuain

Higuain: al primo posto della lista di Sarri, seguito dal Milan prima che fosse rivoluzionato il management sportivo, tuttavia il fondo Elliott diede l’indicazione di andare su un profilo più giovane come Morata (infatti autorizzò l’incontro). Può cambiare qualcosa con Leonardo? Il Pipita piace anche a lui, ma conta l’offerta e anche l’avallo della proprietà. Soprattutto l’offerta, non si andrà troppo per le lunghe. Vedremo. Una cosa è sicura: servono da 53 a 58 milioni di sterline, il Chelsea lo sa da tempo.

Higuain: the first place of the list of Sarri, followed by ac Milan before he revolutionized of the sports management, but Elliott gave the indication to go on a profile that is younger as Morata (in fact, authorized the meeting). Can change something with Leonardo? Who also likes him, but has the offer and also the endorsement of the property. Especially the offer, you won't go too long. We'll see. One thing is for sure: juventus require 53 to 58 million pounds, Chelsea knows it since a long time.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So is this supposed budget of 150m gathering steam or are we supposed to dismiss it?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
f0b8285b9a036487819a3f0657aa78d6.png

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol Wolves signed Moutinho for 5m

F&M got conned into buying Mendes' most expensive and worst client, nice

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Honestly, depending on who else Juventus sells this summer, we may very well be able to land a loan + obligation for Higuain.

I'm betting this is the goal for us, and may benefit Juventus as well, who seem on the cusp of selling guys like Pjanic and Alex Sandro.

Deferring the payment for Higuain could help their balance sheet a good amount next season, where they would need it more than this summer

(again, totally depends on who they offload now.)

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
First is what Elliot will do and the second is a dream signing.

What’s so odd about it. Elliot will not invest in aging players.

elliott dont give 2 fucks abt players age... elliott just doesnt like spending money full stop.

But now that they own a FC they will be forced to spend, UEFA, depreciating asset, fan base... all these factors will force them to spend, they wont spend with an open hand... but they will spend.

They have the right ppl, Leo isnt dumb, he knows the difference between morata & Higuain. He knows both wud cost 50/60 ... he also knows morata wud get him EL and Higs the CL.

Wot do elliott care abt resale value, hopefully they wont be here themselves in 2/3 years time.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
elliott dont give 2 fucks abt players age... elliott just doesnt like spending money full stop.

But now that they own a FC they will be forced to spend, UEFA, depreciating asset, fan base... all these factors will force them to spend, they wont spend with an open hand... but they will spend.

They have the right ppl, Leo isnt dumb, he knows the difference between morata & Higuain. He knows both wud cost 50/60 ... he also knows morata wud get him EL and Higs the CL.

Wot do elliott care abt resale value, hopefully they wont be here themselves in 2/3 years time.

So do you think Elliot will tell Leonardo here is 150 spend them?

Without having a say on players? Like they don’t do any type of Risk Assessment?

Basten I am not against Higuain or aging players, imagine refusing Higuain and settling on bacca or Kalinic.

But sometimes things need to make sense especially when you are owned by people who want to make money down the line.

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Man this forum cracks me up every time :lol:. We must honestly be the most divided fanbase out there.

Reading 20+ pages on which striker Milan should go for with such confidence:
Morata - Not proven
Higuain - Too old / declining / no resale value
Immobile - Lazio made him look better than he actually is.
Benzema - Busboy merchant who's good at everything but scoring. We already have Kalinic.
And all of the above complemented with complaints about being too expensive or massive wages.

Meanwhile...
Literally every other average striker we're linked to - We need proven quality! No more mediocre signings.

Can't win innit.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Man this forum cracks me up every time :lol:. We must honestly be the most divided fanbase out there.

Reading 20+ pages on which striker Milan should go for with such confidence:
Morata - Not proven
Higuain - Too old / declining / no resale value
Immobile - Lazio made him look better than he actually is.
Benzema - Busboy merchant who's good at everything but scoring. We already have Kalinic.
And all of the above complemented with complaints about being too expensive or massive wages.

Meanwhile...
Literally every other average striker we're linked to - We need proven quality! No more mediocre signings.

Can't win innit.

Ahem cavani

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So do you think Elliot will tell Leonardo here is 150 spend them?

Without having a say on players? Like they don’t do any type of Risk Assessment?

Basten I am not against Higuain or aging players, imagine refusing Higuain and settling on bacca or Kalinic.

But sometimes things need to make sense especially when you are owned by people who want to make money down the line.

Where did 150M come from? We will be lucky if we get a 3rd of that.

elliott will entrust wotever the amount to management... as long as we dont buy players from Genoa, they will not micromanage

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Where did 150M come from? We will be lucky if we get a 3rd of that.

elliott will entrust wotever the amount to management... as long as we dont buy players from Genoa, they will not micromanage

And how do you know all that?

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
I really like that DiMarzio has repeated the Paredes link a few times now.

It was obviously a request of Gattuso, so hopefully they make it happen. and soon.

Hopefully Leonardo has made a call there too, since it seems Mirabelli is gone today.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And how do you know all that?

The entire board is elliott's... they are all working to elliott's wishes in the 1st place! elliott doesnt need to personally ok every minuscule detail.

The goal is to get Milan competing in the league

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
elliott dont know enough about football to micromanage.

they have a plan, the right ppl to execute, but micromanaging, I doubt it.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
elliott dont know enough about football to micromanage.

they have a plan, the right ppl to execute, but micromanaging, I doubt it.

I said this in post #15861

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
Why would Elliot care how much is player going to be worth 3 years from now. They are going to sell the club 3 years from now. They are not going to invest in 19 year olds or Primavera. They need results right now. As soon as they can get CL the club will raise in value and they can start planning the sale.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wot we really need is another meeting like the one in Losanna... but this time we need to pitch to elliott! Beg him, convince him to buy us 1 star player in mid or up front... personally I'd ask for SMS... rest we can take care ourselves through sales.

But thats not gonna happen

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would Elliot care how much is player going to be worth 3 years from now. They are going to sell the club 3 years from now. They are not going to invest in 19 year olds or Primavera. They need results right now. As soon as they can get CL the club will raise in value and they can start planning the sale.

-The value of the player affects the value of the club too.
-Not being able to sell players takes flexibility away, especially with FFP problems.
-It is a problem in the sporting area too, older players will only decline, often quicker than in 3 years time.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanator, elliott cannot, I repeat, CANNOT lose money on Milan... they paid 350M for us, sure they will spend here and there but in return they will pocket any profits so thats not here or there... when its comes to selling, they will sell close to the price Berlusconi sold Milan for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule