a day where the free transfers.....went wrong..

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
erm well........at the start of the season...every1 was talking bout our impressive summer signings of cafu..n pancaro..bcuz we got them on a free transfer...but un4tunetly.....age (which was 1 of the reasons they were free)....made the difference...as we saw in the last 3 games....the defence is showing..its age...n are probably suffering from tiredness....so we cant afford to repeat the same mistakes we did..this season..by depending on...free transfers..cuz most of the players available..for this type of transfers..usually..have reached an average age of 30+...so we need to spend next season and change our transfer policys!

wat do u guys think?

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
menon_inc said:
erm well........at the start of the season...every1 was talking bout our impressive summer signings of cafu..n pancaro..bcuz we got them on a free transfer...but un4tunetly.....age (which was 1 of the reasons they were free)....made the difference...as we saw in the last 3 games....the defence is showing..its age...n are probably suffering from tiredness....so we cant afford to repeat the same mistakes we did..this season..by depending on...free transfers..cuz most of the players available..for this type of transfers..usually..have reached an average age of 30+...so we need to spend next season and change our transfer policys!

wat do u guys think?

And might you be saying this because we lost tonights game? What are you talking about, Roma were kicking themselves to let Cafu go. Cafu has been a great player throughout the season, giving us the width needed. He works ever so hard for the team, more than some of the younger players e.g. Nesta. This also applies to Pancaro. He has been called up to the Italy national side, so he must be doing something right. Anyway, would rather see them two play than the likes of Dario Simic or Laursen. Their experience is something we need, and I would stick with them for at least another season.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Well what can I say...big money transfers didn't make their effort tonight either.

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
yeah i agree with crazy4milan

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Yeah, I agree with both crazy4milan and Shevchenko Ukraina...Pancaro played a good game tonight, he -together with the likes of Cafu & Tomasson were our best players throughout the match IMO...

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
We arent made of money, remember all Serie A clubs are in debt they say, but im not so sure with Silvio around, hes got a secret stash somewhere ;)

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan arent in debt are they? One week i hear the rumours that Roma are in deep debt, and the next they fine? Its bs, they lie to the fans.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
no guys..i mean..we shouldnt just go out thr...n buy players that are free..cuz this players have got experience..but not the age..i mean,...dont get me wrong..cafe n pancaro r gr8...but they cant be plying 2-3 matches everyweek...whole season long...without getting tired...i mean..we need some great young players..as reliable backup.....n im sure this young players will devolop well....cuz..they will be under the lights of san paolo..billy...cafu n pancaro...all im saying is..we shouldnt just go out thr every year..n try to sign players that are out of contract ...but also..sign some great young talent...:)

forza milan!

Reaction score
menon_inc said:
no guys..i mean..we shouldnt just go out thr...n buy players that are free..cuz this players have got experience..but not the age..i mean,...dont get me wrong..cafe n pancaro r gr8...but they cant be plying 2-3 matches everyweek...whole season long...without getting tired...i mean..we need some great young players..as reliable backup.....n im sure this young players will devolop well....cuz..they will be under the lights of san paolo..billy...cafu n pancaro...all im saying is..we shouldnt just go out thr every year..n try to sign players that are out of contract ...but also..sign some great young talent...:)

forza milan!

yeach i am agree milan needs a young and talented defender....

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
don't blame it on the age. they had a terrible night against depor and that is that. but yeah, milan did not have appropiate replacements. the only appropiate bench guy we have is ambrosini. has anyone wondered why didn't brochi play instead of ambrosini against modena ? cause brochi isn't as good as ambro.

as for free transfer i think they are great. any player who comes in with a free transfer can suck all they want cause they did not cost the club a penny. if i were president i would only get free transfer cause i would be a cheap b@astard. of course i would try to get the "best" free transfers available.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
I think signing key position players, you need to spend money, unless your lucky and get a really quality player for free - but thats highly doubtful. Milan should only sign free players for backup or cover. Thats what Pancaro was ment to be, a backup for Kaladze but has turned out to be the best free tranfer in the serie A.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
well..we dont have to spend much..i mean..we dont have to go out thr n sepnd as much as man unt did for ferdinand...we just need to be smart..n sign great young talent..like we did..with kaka..we got him for a cheap price...im sure thr a lot of gr8 young talent available at that price...we just have to look!...

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Shevchenko Ukraina said:
menon_inc said:
...we just have to look!...

South America ... Brazil ... do we love you :D

italy first.

at a time when italian clubs are plagued with financial woes and at the same time are rich in homegrown talent i'd rather berlusconi spends his money helping to consolidate parma's budget [for example] than taking it abroad to fill the coffers of foreign clubs who try to sell us their overpriced untested hype of the month. ;)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
menon_inc said:

forza milan!

I'm with ya definetly, I'm sick of gettin' players for free, and no I'm not sayin' Cafu wasn't a good choice but come on this is Milan not Dynamo Kiev, we have money, and we won't get in debt if we buy 2-3 talented young players...

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Apparently the majority of Italian clubs are walking a very thin financial line.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Shevchenko Ukraina said:
Apparently the majority of Italian clubs are walking a very thin financial line.

Yes and even Milan loses a couple of milan a year but Silvo; the Milan and Italian president is rather rich. 30th richest in the world i beleive.

Milan has abosutly no worrys finacially.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like Melbourne said, Silvio is among the richest persons on this planet, so we have absolutly nothing to worry about, as long as he stays our president..I heard some rumours that he wanted to resign as president..? Even Galliani asked him to stay&stuff..Doesn't sound good..

Anyway, free players are OK, we got Cafu & Tomasson this way, and both of 'em are very good players! Pancaro didn't came on a free transfer, he was traded for Albertini or at least he was a part of that swap-deal.

We surely can afford a couple young players, wouldn't do no harm to bring in a bid for some of Parma's starlets like Gilardino, Ferrari, Bonera, P.Cannavaro, Barone, Marchionni etc... ;)

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Typical that so many good players come out of Parma ... i suspect that if they didnt have to sell their players, they would be at the top of Italys football now.

Jut look at Cannavaro, Buffon, Thuram, Mutu and there are many more... now that they left, Parma are still a great side. I like Parma, they are like factories producing players for us ;)

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
Like Melbourne said, Silvio is among the richest persons on this planet, so we have absolutly nothing to worry about, as long as he stays our president..I heard some rumours that he wanted to resign as president..? Even Galliani asked him to stay&stuff..Doesn't sound good..

if he steps down his son will take over i think.

the money in the background/ownership will remain the same [fininvest].

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I sure do hope you'r right *rossonera*, if his son takes over we're still in good hands...cool:

Shevchenko Ukraina, that list of sold Parma-players is way to long...

Ortega
Veron
Fiore
Crespo
Mutu
Zola
Chiesa
Stanic
Paulo Sousa
D.Baggio
Fuser
Boghossian
Sensini
Almeyda
Appiah
Hakan Sukur
Asprilla
Balbo
Amoroso
Di Vaio
Cannavaro
Buffon
Thuram
Ze Maria
Lamouchi
Micoud

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Heh Velez, if i could add one more addition... Adriano... Parma should be merited by the Italian League Association i think.

Now if Abramovich took over Parma...

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I feel good ta-na-na-na-na-na... :cool:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
*rossonera* said:
Velez Mostar said:

if he steps down his son will take over i think.

the money in the background/ownership will remain the same [fininvest].

Yep. I think he is going to step down in the next 12 moths with his son taking over bbut Silvo staying as honurry president. Either way we are very safe finacially.

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Get Gilardino and Bonera or Mexes

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
What's wrong with getting old players who are still capable to play in high standard and with good experience? Sometimes paying real money doesn't guatantee a success. Milan just gets players who are good to the team, no matter how to get them.

Sev

Reaction score
Cescania said:
What's wrong with getting old players who are still capable to play in high standard and with good experience? Sometimes paying real money doesn't guatantee a success. Milan just gets players who are good to the team, no matter how to get them.

Nothing is wrong with signing experienced players who play on a high level like Cafu and Pancaro who proved to be really excellent signings but I still do attribute our defensive frailties partly to the aging of our backline (and partly to inadequate subs). Maldini has been struggling recently, Costacurta manages to compensate his lack of speed with good positioning but is not really a tower and probably doesn't have the condition anymore to stand in for someone injured/out-of-form over a long period. Bringing in players older than 30 or 32 may work well like it did this season but having a bunch of players who continuously grow together as a team may work better. In any case Milan need better back-ups than Laursen or Simic.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
well said sev..thats wat i was trying 2 say.....n erm..gilardinho is gr8...but i havent seen chevaton..play..is he good?

Schedule